• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
His determination, work ethic and frugality is a pretty solid combination almost anywhere.

I wouldn't be so quick to short change him

Not to mention his innate ability to reach out to (and remain friendly with) celebrities. How many times do we go "of course Dan personally knows them!"?

success was probably the wrong word

I guess the point I wanted to make was "what better place for Dan Ryckert than the US of A"

read into that whatever you like

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't think it does. People naturally want to find pride in their origin and you can do that regardless of how much you agree or disagree with whatever politics, ideologies, and history that may be associated with it.

The guy from our racist right-wing party releases a fucking Rap video of himself every year or so and ~33% of the people here vote for him. That's pretty dumb. Joke about Trump all you want, at least he doesn't "rap", (as far as I'm aware at least).

That makes it really hard for me to be proud of my country.

Yeah, some of us have 980Tis!
1440P/60 FPS in the Witcher 3.
giphy.gif

Not to mention his innate ability to reach out to (and remain friendly with) celebrities. How many times do we go "of course Dan personally knows them!"?

he mentioned getting text messages from xaiver woods on a show this week and i was completely unfazed. at this point dan can't surprise me.

Just watched the QL and Yoshi's Woolly World has to be one of the best looking games ever released. Holy crap they nailed that art style.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
MGSV is one of those games were I just wish it had less (or....no) management stuff in it. I'm spending so much time in menus, I could be out there repeating the same few missions the game has, instead I have to manage my base for no good reason.

1. Bloodborne
2. MGS 5
3. Fallout 4
4. Bloodborne DLC
5. Dengeki Bunko
6. Destiny Post-TTK
7. Destiny Pre-TTK
8. Tony Hawk's 5
9. Hatred
10. Castlevania 3
(11. The Witcher 3)

Goty done, GB doesn't have to do it anymore.

MGSV is one of those games were I just wish it had less (or....no) management stuff in it. I'm spending so much time in menus, I could be out there repeating the same few missions the game has, instead I have to manage my base for no good reason.

Same. My own compulsions to do side stuff has been detrimental in my enjoyment of the game. Witcher, in comparison, has more hand-crafted side quests that have a finite number as opposed to MGSV's endless well of soulless side stuff.

Dartastic

Did anyone try Ryckert's new level for Patrick? How the hell do you beat it? I feel like it's a
stack the pow blocks to get to the door
thing but I have NO idea how to do that and... Yeah.

repeater

Same. My own compulsions to do side stuff has been detrimental in my enjoyment of the game. Witcher, in comparison, has more hand-crafted side quests that have a finite number as opposed to MGSV's endless well of soulless side stuff.
Come Christmas and the GB GOTYs, violent infighting over MGS5 vs Witcher 3 will tear GB-GAF apart.
Mario Maker will save us.

kingocfs

1. Bloodborne
2. MGS 5
3. Fallout 4
4. Bloodborne DLC
5. Dengeki Bunko
6. Destiny Post-TTK
7. Destiny Pre-TTK
8. Tony Hawk's 5
9. Hatred
10. Castlevania 3
(11. The Witcher 3)

Goty done, GB doesn't have to do it anymore.

Bloodborne might not even crack the Top 5.

Joeku

I'm with you. It is in a way my own brain's fault that MGSV leaves me annoyed at spending so much time doing busywork. While mostly optional, everything there calls to me and that I have to either engage with it or intentionally ignore it is frustrating. It's akin to Ubisoft Open-World Formula crap that takes away from what could otherwise be a tighter, more compact thing.

Arkham Asylum >>> Arkham City

Witcher 3 would be a much better game if CDPR stopped breaking it in new and different ways with every patch.

Didn't the newest patch finally make that stable on consoles? Or did it introduce some new BS?

KingKong

maybe if they didn't spend time on 150 copy and paste side quests and a massive pointless gear grind they could have finished the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom