• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

"Oh man a new Demo Derby!!!"

whsW0cp.gif

Let's get philosophical...

XgQnLnt.png

Patrick is intrinsically doomed by the simple act of accepting Dan's challenge. The outcome is unimportant. He cannot win, and can only lose.

I think I suffered from an anxiety attack the other night and it was the worst thing ever. If that's what Dan has had to go through all these years and managed to control it, then I have the utmost respect for him regardless of his love for his country or whatever people are complaining about him doing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think I suffered from an anxiety attack the other night and it was the worst thing ever. If that's what Dan has had to go through all these years and managed to control it, then I have the utmost respect for him regardless of his love for his country or whatever people are complaining about him doing.

"suffering from anxiety" and "having an anxiety attack" are two different, though not wholly unrelated, things.

I definitely suffer from terrible anxiety, I'm guessing it will ultimately be what does me in but I never experienced an anxiety attack. My friend did and he actually went to the emergency room because he thought he was having a heart attack.

Myggen

I've suffered from anxiety since I was about 14-15 years old, and it's the fucking worst. The first few times I had a serious anxiety attack it felt like I was gonna die, which is about what Dan has described what his initial attacks felt like. I have such respect for Dan for doing panels at PAX and such, I can't imagine how that must've felt the first few times. I know that doing my job has been torture at times with that condition, and I have the utmost respect for people who face this shit head on.

Ketch

I mean, it's probably a level of self awareness that Dan's not capable of possessing, but is there anything more obnoxious than people who just like super duper love America beyond reason?

I should have clarified and said it makes me angry because his character (it's a character right?) is just a total douche ass jerk heel. US is no saint, but the flag is supposed to represent heroes, like Hack Saw Jim Duggan and superman. Dan is a villain and that's why his use of the flag angers me. Maybe it's an intentional part of the shtick, but if it's not... I don't know it's hard to understand that lunatic. If he "in real life" actually thinks of the flag as a symbol of heroism or something then maybe he doesn't realize what he's doing. But ALL of what I'm saying is just way over thinking it and doesn't really matter. It's just a dumb gimmick.
but it still bothers me.

real talk

how much of dan's success do you think is owed to the country he lives in

I think he deserves his success. I don't know if I'd call it "hard" work, but he's definitely had to have a level of commitment that not many do (myself included) to get where he is today. Not many people end up with their dream job. There are also lot of places in the world where that kind of thing would be impossible though.

I had hoped that Patrick would wait to do this challenge until November. As I said earlier, Patrick said a few weeks ago that he will be in San Francisco in November (I'm pretty sure it was November). I was hoping he would do the challenge at Giant Bomb with Dan next to him, egging him on. Now, that we know Patrick will start the challenge on Monday at 9:30 (Eastern time), I hope that when he visits Giant Bomb, Patrick will join them for a third iteration of Giant Bomb Makes Mario. I think it'd be a nice change of pace to see him and Dan team up to make a level and Patrick can see that the community is just as devious as Dan. We've seen his reactions to the levels. Now, I want to see his reactions to the process of making a new devilish level as it's being made!

Myggen

I had hoped that Patrick would wait to do this challenge until November. As I said earlier, Patrick said a few weeks ago that he will be in San Francisco in November (I'm pretty sure it was November). I was hoping he would do the challenge at Giant Bomb with Dan next to him, egging him on. Now, that we know Patrick will start the challenge on Monday at 9:30 (Eastern time), I hope that when he visits Giant Bomb, Patrick will join them for a third iteration of Giant Bomb Makes Mario. I think it'd be a nice change of pace to see him and Dan team up to make a level and Patrick can see that the community is just as devious as Dan. We've seen his reactions to the levels. Now, I want to see his reactions to the process of making a new devilish level as it's being made!

Hm, Patrck's in SF in November? Would be awesome if he's around when they're doing Extra life.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Why would they invite some hotshot youtube celebrity to come in and steal all their fans?

Hm, Patrck's in SF in November? Would be awesome if he's around when they're doing Extra life.

I'm fairly sure that's what he said. Not sure if I heard him correctly. Imagine an Extra Life version of Giant Bomb Makes Mario with special guest Patrick Klepek. That'd be cool, huh?

Very excited for Extra Life this year with all the potential yeah. Maybe we'll even get an East Coast stream.

It'll be bittersweet that Jason might not be there. Sure, he'd be missed, but having a baby trumps all. Has he (or Lisa) said if its a boy or a girl? I hope that the baby is born as close to Halloween, as I know how much that time of year means to Jason (and maybe Lisa, too?).

hamchan

It's like Patrick still works at Giant Bomb except they don't have to pay him now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why is there a PS1 quality goat?

Also, that Mario Maker level doesn't look too difficult, it's just obtuse as fuck.

Nice job, the Platinum/100% was easier than I thought when I first saw the trophy list.

It's not hard, it's just tedious. As amazing as the gameplay is, by the end, I was ready to put the controller down. I need something different. I think I'll play Broken Age, haha.

list of good, noble people:

1) people who wave to you in destiny when they join your strike
2) drew scanlon

list of awful, no-good evildoers:

1) people who do not wave to you in destiny when they join your strike

i mean i love Snatcher, but there's like next to no player agency in that game. unless you really want to watch someone trying to stay awake while clicking through a linear adventure game for some reason

Yeah, I mean the Retsupurae guys did a full run of it years ago, watch that instead.

Anjin M

list of good, noble people:

1) people who wave to you in destiny when they join your strike
2) drew scanlon

list of awful, no-good evildoers:

1) people who do not wave to you in destiny when they join your strike

I never wave. I figured we all knew what we were there for.

I'll try to be better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom