• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Kind of wish Rorie's tweets wouldn't show up. He tweets a lot and the feed is usually just filled up with his tweets.

If you are logged in it should only populate the list with the staff you actually follow (on the site, not twitter), at least that it how it used to work. I never really look at it personally.

Let me ask you this various people, which game is easier for a new person to get into Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2?

Bloodborne, this is coming from a guy who played and finished BB with it being my first "Souls" game. It's easier because of how fast generally the combat is, it's much more aggressive than defensive. Everything also feels smoother, I could never get into the souls games because of how slow your character always is unless of course you'd play as a basically naked person and even then I'd reckon the combat is not as fast as it is in BB.

Just Cause 2 shined when you used an unlimited tether mod on PC. Unlimited tethers that were unbreakable. You could do some craazy things.

This Xenoblade quicklook is better than I expected, the game looks pretty great as well.

It was insanely informative, Austin made sure he knew what he was talking about, but I still have little idea what he thinks about the game. He explained the systems but he didn't really explain how he feels about them.

It was insanely informative, Austin made sure he knew what he was talking about, but I still have little idea what he thinks about the game. He explained the systems but he didn't really explain how he feels about them.

Yeah I was kind of waiting for him to give his opinion on the various systems but he didn't really do that for most of them, I imagine that was in the interest of keeping the QL moving considering how much he had to cover. At least he seems to be enjoying with his time with it and it's a good sign that he wants to continue.

i was so excited then i saw it was just a vod

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

CU2wL4NWIAAoebp.png
CU2xPR4W4AAqEgK.png

Tubobutts

Bloodborne, this is coming from a guy who played and finished BB with it being my first "Souls" game. It's easier because of how fast generally the combat is, it's much more aggressive than defensive. Everything also feels smoother, I could never get into the souls games because of how slow your character always is unless of course you'd play as a basically naked person and even then I'd reckon the combat is not as fast as it is in BB.

Ok thanks.

daydream

Banned
That's an atrocious jumble of pixels. I knew Xenoblade didn't look so hot on 3ds but that just looks rough. Definitely not the way to play that game.

it's the dkc returns 3d guys who ported this, i think, and that port was great, and i've heard pretty good things about this port, too

now whether it makes sense to play it on the 3ds is another question but the port is pretty solid, i think. rule of 'never ever ever judge a 3ds game's visuals by looking at screenshots' applies here, of course

The Donkey Kong 3DS port is kind of bad, the new levels are decent and no waggle to roll is great but it runs at 30 FPS which is terrible for a game that demands such precision. And it looks like garbage.

daydream

Banned
it's the version i played and it's really good, plays fantastically, new mode is a worthwhile addition, 3d works well, new stages are fun if not mindblowing

sorry i'm not a fps gamer, i s'ppose, ran absolutely fine for me

it's the version i played and it's really good, plays fantastically, new mode is a worthwhile addition, 3d works well, new stages are fun if not mindblowing

sorry i'm not a fps gamer, i s'ppose, ran absolutely fine for me

Sure, but it's one thing to say "it's a fine way to play that game" and another to say "it's flawless." Flawless is a little silly to say when there are ways that the Wii version is objectively better.

Anyway, have you had any issues with Course World being slow or not loading in Mario Maker? It was slowing down last night and has since reached the point where every other level in the 100 Mario Challenge is giving me an error. I asked the Community OT, but they don't respond to anything that doesn't have a fucking screenshot and level code attached.

daydream

Banned
Sure, but it's one thing to say "it's a fine way to play that game" and another to say "it's flawless." Flawless is a little silly to say when there are ways that the Wii version is objectively better.

Anyway, have you had any issues with Course World being slow or not loading in Mario Maker? It was slowing down last night and has since reached the point where every other level in the 100 Mario Challenge is giving me an error. I asked the Community OT, but they don't respond to anything that doesn't have a fucking screenshot and level code attached.

in terms of port fidelity, i didn't have any complaints. i suppose it could have come with a free banana or something, making it even better

also, i haven't had any time to start up smm in a while, sorry. try asking the thread again by quoting your previous post, someone's gonna respond. new contest coming soon-ish but not this weekend

I went and loaded up the SynchTube with about half a day's worth of Encyclopedia Bombastica. If you want to catch Dan being an abject shithead, now's the time.

also, i haven't had any time to start up smm in a while, sorry. try asking the thread again by quoting your previous post, someone's gonna respond. new contest coming soon-ish but not this weekend

It's been driving me up a fucking wall, man. Being forced to do the Expert challenge coupled with the network issues and the lack of responses has got me way more frustrated than I probably should be. It's like the third time I asked a question in the thread and had it buried before anyone answered. I almost considered making one of those images that normally has a screenshot and a level code but instead has it asking the question and saying something like "I shouldn't have to ask my question like this."

Watching the Xeno QL, I have to say that having an MMO style questing system in a single player game can be.....overbearing and boring in a way? I dunno. I can see what they're going for but...it doesn't look fun. It looks incredibly nice though, graphic wise. But when Austin brought up the quest list he had and I just dropped my jaw.

I think the one thing he didn't mention or emphasize enough is the grindy mmo quests all auto complete so you just take a whole bunch at once and do them as you go about the rest of the game.

Jintor

Watching the Xeno QL, I have to say that having an MMO style questing system in a single player game can be.....overbearing and boring in a way? I dunno. I can see what they're going for but...it doesn't look fun. It looks incredibly nice though, graphic wise. But when Austin brought up the quest list he had and I just dropped my jaw.

I'll say this, it's the fucking perfect game to play if you want to listen to like two or three year's worth of bombcasts from before you started listening.

I might also have listened to, like, the entireity of idle thumbs playing Xenoblade

I'll say this, it's the fucking perfect game to play if you want to listen to like two or three year's worth of bombcasts from before you started listening.

I might also have listened to, like, the entireity of idle thumbs playing Xenoblade

Probably but like...I can play Hearthstone and listen to those bombcasts.

I'm probably getting too old for RPGs like Xeno or Final Fantasy. I couldn't finish FF13, and even though I love FF8 I don't think I'd be able to play through it again(Even though I have it on Steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom