• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimbeck

Banned
After reading the GAF confession thread I sort of want a segment of danswers to be people confessing stuff.
Hearing their response to "I emptied my entire ballsack into my sister" would be hilarious.

This XBXC talk reminded me to check out my preorder at Futureshop (RIP) and... estimated delivery is January 1, 2016, at the earliest?

Get real, Bestbuy. It will be there at launch or I'll riot.

Myggen

I will never play Xenoblade, but that scale is just impressive.

Now to watch the last two LiS videos which I haven't been able to catch up on before now!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
whitehouse_635x250_1448640899.jpg

Dan?
Yeah, finished the Just Cause 3 quick look and I think the game looks actively bad. Ugly, terrible mission design, incredibly limited destruction, and so on. Bummer.

The Just Cause games have always looked like games designed for youtubers so they can make a thumbnail of them making a wacky orgasm face with a video titled 'This game!' and the youtube centric previews of hyperactive 'splosions everywhere!' hasn't helped matters any with that.

Oddly specific, I know

Megasoum

Banned
whitehouse_635x250_1448640899.jpg

Dan?

The Just Cause games have always looked like games designed for youtubers so they can make a thumbnail of them making a wacky orgasm face with a video titled 'This game!' and the youtube centric previews of hyperactive 'splosions everywhere!' hasn't helped matters any with that.

Oddly specific, I know

I mean.. Just Cause 3 is the first game in the franchise that comes out since youtubers/streamers are a thing...

I mean.. Just Cause 3 is the first game in the franchise that comes out since youtubers/streamers are a thing...
I respect a game that's just full of gratuitous explosions, but I just don't think that kind of game is for me. I'm not really a fan of open world sandbox games though.

Tubobutts

I was weak and bought Tomb Raider because it was only $5. Now I have seven games I've bought within the last year or so that I haven't played/finished.

I really shouldn't buy Dark Souls 2 even if it's $20.

Just Cause is no more a meme game than Saints Row The Third is. It's by no means the deepest game in the world but it's not like it's Goat Simulator or anything.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I just bought Dark Souls 2 (again). I'm a sucker for $20 games, but Target (sold out) and Best Buy (Snagged last copy) were not fun navigating through.

Late game (?) Phantom Pain question:

I just reached "Chapter 2," how much more do I have to go? I'm really feeling burnt out on the game but I have to finish it.

Wunder

I just reached "Chapter 2," how much more do I have to go? I'm really feeling burnt out on the game but I have to finish it.

Haven't played in maybe a month or so so take it with a grain of salt

About a third? Depends how many optional missions you do. I think if you really want to beeline stuff you can get it done fairly quickly.

That can't be right, Wunder. Pleeeease don't be right.

I just blew up Sahelanthropus, got what appears to be end-game credits, and then it was all "CHAPTER 2!"

Just Cause 3 is the kind of game that no one at my place of at work is excited for, no friends online are really excited, but me and my roommate?

Please, just hook it directly into our veins.

SomberOwl

Just Cause is no more a meme game than Saints Row The Third is. It's by no means the deepest game in the world but it's not like it's Goat Simulator or anything.

Yeah I think I read somewhere about the developers prioritizing game play over story. And right now that's just what I'm in the mood for. A good podcast game.

You're more than half way there, depending on what you do it'll take more or less for example,
don't do the harder missions and just focus on the ones that don't have brackets which are story related, be sure to unmark all the yellow marked tapes and finally do the yellow side missions.
There are some good story beats in CH2 but don't expect much if you already don't enjoy experimenting nor the gameplay itself.

Prepare to grind side content while you wait for actual story missions to unlock. I think I was at 75 hours when I hit chapter two and I finished up on like 94 hours.

You're more than half way there, depending on what you do it'll take more or less for example,
don't do the harder missions and just focus on the ones that don't have brackets which are story related, be sure to unmark all the yellow marked tapes and finally do the yellow side missions.
There are some good story beats in CH2 but don't expect much if you already don't enjoy experimenting nor the gameplay itself.

Ffffuuuuuck. I've done too much side shit. Thanks for the tips, at least! Isn't there like a "real ending" situation, too?

Prepare to grind side content while you wait for actual story missions to unlock. I think I was at 75 hours when I hit chapter two and I finished up on like 94 hours.

This is it.
It's a literal game of numbers as you hit the required "missions/sideops/etc" completion goal. What you're doing doesn't matter--it's really just a grind for those last few legitimate story missions.

The final mission, at least, is something to look forward to completing.

There's a GOAT in MGSV. I'm just not sure if anyone actually bothered to implement it.

Yeah, that's just referring to
how mission 31 wasn't the real end, and now you have to finish chapter 2 to finish the game.

Ooh ok, that's what I thought.
I was just thinking that Chapter 2 would be like 5 missions and take me as many hours.

How the hell am I going to finish this and Witcher 3 by the end of the year?

Ffffuuuuuck. I've done too much side shit. Thanks for the tips, at least! Isn't there like a "real ending" situation, too?

Yeah the real ending comes at mission
There's also another ending that
concerns a certain buddy
which is done by doing the side op then the main mission would open for that ending however, if you just care about finishing the base game then the real ending is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom