• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Welp finally clicked on a Fallout spoiler past where I am and it probably confirmed something I theorized since finishing the intro.

Man, I should just mainline the rest of that game. Is it really "mainline-able"? Or does it intentionally splinter off a bunch before the end? Feel free to spoiler the answer if you'd like.

Don't worry, the story is really bad and the ending is even worse. You really can't dial down your expectations low enough. Also it does splinter into 4 possible paths, depending on what you do with faction stuff.

Joeku

Don't worry, the story is really bad and the ending is even worse. You really can't dial down your expectations low enough. Also it does splinter into 4 possible paths, depending on what you do with faction stuff.

I know it's bad; I went in knowing it was bad. How couldn't I? At least if it was a little surprising that'd be nice, but it sounds like something I assumed was happening after playing for 20 minutes is happening, and that's disappointing.

Myggen

2801583-5664674026-CUhpzxHUsAEN_9M.jpg%3Alarge

edit: I'm not resizing this, it's the perfect size.

Myggen

Has anyone read his Anxiety book? How is it?

I really liked it. As someone who has read a fair share about anxiety it obviously wasn't any revolutionary stuff, but it was a good description of what anxiety is and some of the ways you can try to manage it. It was also the funniest book I've read about the subject while at the same time taking the subject seriously. My boyfriend at the time also read it and really liked it, and he had no idea who Dan was.

Mad Max may take it for me, honestly. Either that or Evolve. But Mad Max seemed like it was forgotten the second it came out. Evolve had at least like a week of some video content, I know Mary did something with it on GS and I saw a couple people on twitch playing it. Mad Max? Fucking nothingggggggg

Maybe that's because it's a mediocre openworld game instead of a series of awesome action scenes. You know, like the fucking movie everyone loves.

Also I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but how close is JC2 to JC3? Any ultra major improvements other than graphics that would warrant picking it up?

Dan's videos on it are pretty hilarious but if I can just mod JC2 to be nearly the same thing, I'd rather save my money.

will FO4 make it into the top 10?

no.

I still think it's a strong contender for the 7-10 range.

Also I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but how close is JC2 to JC3? Any ultra major improvements other than graphics that would warrant picking it up?

Dan's videos on it are pretty hilarious but if I can just mod JC2 to be nearly the same thing, I'd rather save my money.
I haven't played JC3 but it looks very, very similar from the videos.

Has anyone read his Anxiety book? How is it?
I just finished it over the holiday! It's helpful for someone like me who struggles with anxiety, but it's nothing earth shattering in terms of strategy. I like hearing Dan write about his experiences though, so I enjoyed it. Cool hearing about him getting the job at Giant Bomb and stuff.

He thanks Jeff in the acknowledgments, which I thought was sweet.

JerkShep

Sorry, boring question about premium subscription. So apparently the CC I used to subscribe last year in november didn't have any money to renew the subscription, today I saw a giantbomb email saying that my payment was declined. I followed the link but I couldn't seem to find the option to update the CC info (I found it, but it just wouldn't work, kept me going back to the same page). I tried to cancel my subscription then, with the intention of eventually re-subscribing (I need to put new CC info though), another email arrived telling me that "This email confirms that your subscription has been canceled" but it sayed that "Your subscription will remain active until November 29, 2016."....which is a year for now. If I go to the "Billing History" page the November 2015 payment has "past due" witten near it. I'm still a premium member as of now though.

My question is: if I do nothing, what's going to happen? I don't think I've payed this year ("declined"), so will I lose my premium membership in a few days if they can't find money on the CC?

JerkShep

Yeah email support@giantbomb.com and Rorie should be able to help you. It is thanksgiving weekend so I don't know how quick it'll be though.

Sent an email straight away, thanks. I'm in no hurry, I just don't want to make a mess of this, I completely forgot that I had the auto-renewal on and the payment would be so soon. I would be happy to subscribe for another year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom