• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, you do start the game off shot in the head and asking everybody questions about everything

Well yeah, you're a newcomer in the region and want to know why the fuck some stranger just shot you in the face for a package.

There's still a bunch of dialogue options showing that you know and remember things from before you got shot (like places you've traveled, knowledge about tech or weapons, or encounters with the BoS, etc), and even for stuff that you should know like the NCR or who shot you, it's never phrased as "Who are these guys?" or "I don't remember who shot me," but "Hey, what do you think about the NCR these days," or "Did you see anything about the guys who shot me," allowing NPCs to give you expository dialogue without them directly saying that you don't know any of it.

Isnt half the game trying to find out where you were delivering something and who had you deliver it

Nope, you know from the very start that you were delivering a Platinum Chip to the Strip where you'd hand it off to someone else. The stuff you discover is stuff that you were deliberately uninformed about.

So basically amnesia.
You were asked to deliver a package and didn't inquire as to the details when it was taken because why would you. Once waking up you start to inquire about the person you were delivering the chip to and why someone would attempt to kill you in order to acquire it. Throughout the game via dialogue options you can define a history for your character so there is no amnesia.

And yes, the game only focuses on the package for the first third or so. Resolved very early on in the main quest.

Santar

I've been trying to find a archive of the stream where Ryan and Jeff tried out all those SNES games Ryan bought of ebay but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Does anybody know if it was ever archived?

Tubobutts

I hope they make a sequel to Shadow of Mordor because I want more of Brad explaining LOTR to Dan while Dan says things like "Orcs aren't real!" and "Did Tolkien have a girlfriend?"

Myggen

popo

It was too hot for the Internet

Mary stuffing Calzone in her face like a Syrian refugee who has been surviving on captured rain water and bugs for a week?

As I said, the only reason I can think of is if that's the part where Drew "Johnny V'd" himself.

maybe they intend to edit it when they have time and put it back up. I don't remember seeing any phone thing, but I wasn't watching for it.

You were asked to deliver a package and didn't inquire as to the details when it was taken because why would you. Once waking up you start to inquire about the person you were delivering the chip to and why someone would attempt to kill you in order to acquire it. Throughout the game via dialogue options you can define a history for your character so there is no amnesia.

And yes, the game only focuses on the package for the first third or so. Resolved very early on in the main quest.

Oh that sounds a lot better.

popo

Wasn't that the one called "this stream will not be archived". I think it was on twitch and someone downloaded all that stuff before they wiped archives - so should be somewhere.

edit: hah, missed your link! good one.

this is the full HD link http://v.giantbomb.com/2015/11/14/vf_extralife15_drewalexis_pt04_4000.mp4 the above ones are mobile, med, high

Not sure why it's still broken, this wasn't the part with Drew's phone number

Too slow, old man.

Just Cause 3 would be great if it had Mercenaries style building destruction but without that it feels so empty. Feels like a weird thing to not improve on at all.

Fallout New Vegas low intelligence builds are hilarious, I should do one some day
maxresdefault.jpg

MbtIsDy.jpg

JC3 looks fun, but the backlog is way too big at the moment to even consider it. I'll just add it along with Fallout:NV/4 and Witcher 3 to the list of games I might consider one day if I eventually build a PC (and when the games get super cheap).

My view is that the Minutemen exist to give you a middle ground "walk around helping normal folk in the commonwealth" option. They're the least extreme faction.

repeater

After having listened to the recent Retronauts episode on "Devil May Cry", I started watching (or at least listening to) the "Bradley May Cry" videos. Man, Vinny and Brad are really having a pretty interesting discussion about the nature of spoilers in episode 2.. :p

neshcom

Banned
If JC3's story is anything like JC2, then we'll only have to suffer through, like, 8 missions total. Hopefully there are less of those racing challenges.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think the campaign in Black Ops 3 might be the most confusing campaign I've played since Escape Dead Island. I have no clue what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, what happened in the world, who I'm working for, who the fuck Khalil is and they just keep throwing acronym after acronym at me. And I'm not like screwing around that much or not paying attention or anything. But it's like "Oh no, since the strike of 25 the NRC and the 52i have built the D.E.A.D. system, thank god Raul Mendez and the SAR were there to protect the WOT" and everybody acts like all of this made perfect sense.

I have now accepted that I'm just gonna shoot all the robots, then people shout S.T.U.F.F. and then everything explodes and I keep shooting robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom