• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

I'm watching Metal Gear Scanlon 4 really slowly because I'm playing the game for the first time myself, so I'm only watching an episode when I've been through that passage myself.
Man, Dan's random realization in episode 2 that the Celcius and metric systems are vastly superior to weird guy american scales is SO GOOD.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I'm watching the Dead Island Thursday Night Throwdown and damn does Brad sandbag that whole video, I'm glad he's chilled out a bit in the last year or so.

AcridMeat

Banned
Another game that'll get overlooked at all the GotYs: Invisible Inc.
Fantastic little strategy game that came out earlier this year from Klei (their range in genres and styles is crazy). It's also 50% off right now.
I bought this around release and sadly have only played about an hour. I should get back to it, style & animation is fantastic.

Myggen

I'm watching the Dead Island Thursday Night Throwdown and damn does Brad sandbag that whole video, I'm glad he's chilled out a bit in the last year or so.

Brad being the only one who wanted to keep that semi serious is a big part of why that video is so amazing imo. If they all just fucked around it wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

SomberOwl

Besides Rainbow 6, what else is coming out that the whole GB team could potentially QL this week?

EDIT: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What do you call the activity of laying down sandbags to prevent an entire ocean from entering your house? Cause I certainly did that a lot.

Zaph

It means to go against what others want to do and what makes for the most entertainment. He was being a sandbag, weighing down the good times.

Brad's always been resistant to just go with it. Sometimes it plays well as a straight man, other times not so much. Definitely chilled out over the years, but occasionally you get reminded of it.

justjim89

Sandbagging is what Bob Holly is doing in this video, which leads to him getting dropped on his head.

It's when you refuse to help your opponent in the match lift you, so as to make them look weaker or incompetent.

Also applicable here.

Fantastapotamus

This Anno Quick Look really makes me want to fire up some Tropico 4. I love some city building once every year or so.

It makes me want to replay Anno 1602 and listen to the Greensleaves track that constantly played during that game. Man, they should remake Anno 1602. What a great game that was. Actually, don't remake it. I don't need to learn that it might not hold up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms#S

Sandbag
To sabotage a throw by letting one's body go limp instead of cooperating, which makes the throw much harder, if not impossible, to execute. This is typically done deliberately to make the attacker appear weak or unskilled, but can also be the result of a botch. Sandbagging can be dangerous, as many moves require specific actions by the target to lower the risk of injury.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did somebody play Door Kickers during Extra Life? Lang maybe? I feel like I remember seeing somebody say they loved the game as I was shutting the stream off to go out. Looking at it in the Steam sale.

I'm glad this game exists but I'm pretty sure it's not for me.

Did somebody play Door Kickers during Extra Life? Lang maybe? I feel like I remember seeing somebody say they loved the game as I was shutting the stream off to go out. Looking at it in the Steam sale.

it's a fun game. don't know how much it's going for. it's basically an entire game based around the Rainbow 6 planning mode and that's cool by me.

e: oh, $4? fuck, buy it, it's easily worth that

Myggen

dmeWYBk.png
That's not confusing at all.

daydream

Banned

it doesn't seem that complicated to me

you got your passive squad stuff which doesn't really require any maintenance (same for rankings and the division stuff) and the active mission stuff you can depart on.

in typical mmo fashion, it's often just the terminology that makes that stuff seem intimidating

game is sounding cooler and cooler

Fantastapotamus

Xenoblade seems like a good "Off-TV" game. Doing the MMO-grinding quests while watching TV seems like it could be fun.

Go for it, it is an extremely satisfying game. When you manage to set everything up before the mission starts and then just let the game play it out, you feel really good about yourself.

The mission-based multiplayer stuff sounds cool and I like how it allows you to use a usb keyboard.

Now that I've actually read more it doesn't seem complicated.

Go for it, it is an extremely satisfying game. When you manage to set everything up before the mission starts and then just let the game play it out, you feel really good about yourself.

that one beach house mission... I must have spent like 5 hours trying to get it to auto-play without losing anyone. and I had fun doing it. which is maybe a little weird.

Fantastapotamus

that one beach house mission... I must have spent like 5 hours trying to get it to auto-play without losing anyone. and I had fun doing it. which is maybe a little weird.

Fuck the bomb defusal missions though. Didn't enjoy those at all. Luckily the game is smart and just let's you play every mission whenever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom