• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

2801968-darkforces.png
WSSZiwN.gif

SomberOwl

Hottest Mess is competitive.

I was wondering what would be debated for this category this year and all I could really think of was Batman on PC and Tony Hawk 5. But Tony Hawk 5 might be most disappointing also? Do they have that category.

Anyway what else is up for hottest mess this year?

Myggen

I was wondering what would be debated for this category this year and all I could really think of was Batman on PC and Tony Hawk 5. But Tony Hawk 5 might be most disappointing also? Do they have that category.

The Afro Samurai game for sure.

danm999

WB PC ports.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Butt city.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Afro Samurai game for sure.

Hottest Mess is usually reserved for something that somebody cared about, isn't it? I'd say Tony Hawk 5 (if not most disappointing) or the Arkham PC port. Also, for fun poking the rooster, Fallout 4 on consoles as a late entry.

Is it not alright now that the recent patch came out? That mod talks about adding content which I'm not really interested in.

It had a development cycle comparable to Dragon Age 2 and is like 75% finished. As previously mentioned, you want that mod.

As a testament to KotOR2's awesomeness, it is lauded as a great game in spite of this.

Myggen

Hottest Mess is usually reserved for something that somebody cared about, isn't it?

That might make it a bigger mess, but I would only say that the Most Disappointing category is reserved for something people cared about. The Afro Samurai game being so bad that the publisher literally pulled it and refunded everyone who bought it makes for a big mess in my book even if I don't give a fuck about the game.

underrated upf

- one of my fav segments, them playing papers please for the first time (starts around 27:00)
- "you got castlevaniaaa"
- barbie

yo, that xbox is sick

also I don't know why I waited so long to play SotN

that game got me through a pretty rough patch of my year last year

also the Richter playthrough is the best part of that game

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I started listening to last years goty casts while playing rl, and jeff describing the story of the crew for best story, before finally delivering "oh wait, I'm sorry, this says best story" is so good

AcridMeat

Banned
Dude you want that mod. The original release was unfinished.
Indeed. The game can actually be kind of confusing without the mod I find.
It had a development cycle comparable to Dragon Age 2 and is like 75% finished. As previously mentioned, you want that mod.

As a testament to KotOR2's awesomeness, it is lauded as a great game in spite of this.
Oh wow! That's terrible, okay will get it installed. Thanks for the tip guys.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, they should have had Austin in there for some banter instead of the edits. Some of the best parts of these videos is just the crew going off on a tangent unrelated to the game.

For historical reasons, it'd be really nice if Giant Bomb's forums and articles had specific post dates attached to them, instead of "x years ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom