• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those answers just suck. Titanfall? The Order? Hardline?

Sure those games aren't really talked about, but they don't seem like the games that are really being called for.

A lot of them feel like they've been brought up recently. Wet, Wolfenstein 2009, Haze and syndicate all seem like they've come up very recently.

Once it hits page 3 or 4 (100ppp) it starts getting into the really obscure shit once you avoid the "um evolve and watchdogs???l" posts.

FStop7

Banned
Age of Conan and Warhammer Online.

I remember when both of these were launched and the usual press hypesters were swearing up and down that these were guaranteed WOW killers. :jnc

I just looked at Huxley's Wikipedia page to remind myself about it and it had the universal mark of quality for a game: it still uses the future tense to refer to the game despite it being out for years.

Zaph

Age of Conan and Warhammer Online.

I remember when both of these were launched and the usual press hypesters were swearing up and down that these were guaranteed WOW killers. :jnc

I actually bought and played both of these at launch. AoC had one of the most fun to play healing classes of any MMO and WAR's low level PVP was incredible.

Seems like the same old story of so many forgotten MMO's - great ideas up until the point they realise they've got to compete with WoW's juggernaut of content and mechanics.

Dear Brad

I had cheerwine today and it was awesome

read my email

you asshole

love, bjork
f2TQ41dl.jpg

Kerbal Vinny feature finally happening?

YUS!

I really hope he takes it somewhat seriously. Making dumb shit and watching it blow up is fun for a while, but I won't be happy unless Vinny lands on the Mun (I'll forgive him if he doesn't make it back).

During the QL when he got separated from his craft and had to jetpack it back was some of the most nerve-wracking, but also entertaining pieces of video this year.

FStop7

Banned
I actually bought and played both of these at launch. AoC had one of the most fun to play healing classes of any MMO and WAR's low level PVP was incredible.

Seems like the same old story of so many forgotten MMO's - great ideas up until the point they realise they've got to compete with WoW's juggernaut of content and mechanics.

I remember they both came out right when WoW was at that super dominant, 14 mil sub, Mr. T commercial stage. Curt Schilling was doing WoW podcasts. Think about that - one of the biggest names in baseball, still an active player, was doing video game podcasts. It was such a phenomenon, but nobody else could get away with the monthly sub thing.

demidar

I remember that time the aliens fired salvos of bad opinions and half-baked arguments at the other aliens and they blew up and the poor humans got caught in the cross-fire.

And since war is butts, we can conclude that Giant Bomb is butts.

Let loose in butt city

Butt city bitch!

It's like that scene in Xenocross when all those people had a war, it was nuts!

If Vinny read my email i wouldn't be remotely accepting of this kind of ignorance!

disappointing show overall. they asked for emails and only read a handful.

I wish it went on a bit longer but oh well. Knowing that they probably at least saw my email makes me happy.

Brad

read my email next week

or save it for an all-email holiday one

Yeah or read what we sent last last week or something to that affect. I'm sure there are tons of emails to choose from. Tumblr sucks in that there is a limit to what you get to say as well as it reads punctuation as links, fucking dumb.

Vinny didn't read my email/correction ;_;

It's alright, I sent a big ass email and it didn't get read as well so it is what it is. You just have to move on and send it another day perhaps.

bjork

Yeah or read what we sent last last week or something to that affect. I'm sure there are tons of emails to choose from. Tumblr sucks in that there is a limit to what you get to say as well as it reads punctuation as links, fucking dumb.

I mostly just don't want to log into my tumblr. It's been two months tumblr free.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Portillo's has a good chopped salad.

We went to Superdawgs the day after and their hot dogs blew away Portillo's shit. Maybe it's because I grew up in an Italian neighborhood for a few years, but the Italian beef was supposed to be the big thing and it's like 'is this yalls first time having italian beef?'

Portillo's is baller but keep your expectations in check. Much like In N Out it's an above average chain restaurant that's been mythologized because it's not available in most of the US.

Pretty much everything on their menu is good though. Even the pasta is pretty great, if you're at the ones that serve pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom