• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
2801968-darkforces.png

2801969-quake2.png

Good shit, Brad.

giphy.gif

Dark Forces is pretty rough to watch, he should have done Jedi Knight with some graphics mods.

Or maybe I should just play Jedi Knight with some graphics mods. I dunno.

We went to Superdawgs the day after and their hot dogs blew away Portillo's shit. Maybe it's because I grew up in an Italian neighborhood for a few years, but the Italian beef was supposed to be the big thing and it's like 'is this yalls first time having italian beef?'

Yeah, it's not great. Definitely think all the hype from GB over it is because they live in the SF area, which seems like food hell for "normal cool guy" food that isn't Mexican or Asian.

Quake II is not a good game. It's a lousy, boring campaign with some decent multiplayer.

now swap Quake II with "Daikatana" and be amazed at how that sentence holds up

I'm right there with Dan when I didn't have any kind of gaming PC when I was younger either (though I am 22), so I also have no experience with the Quakes and Dooms of the world. When I finally got a decent PC the first and really one of the only games I've ever played on it was Diablo 2.

Man that was a fucking amazing game.

Myggen

I'm right there with Dan when I didn't have any kind of gaming PC when I was younger either (though I am 22), so I also have no experience with the Quakes and Dooms of the world. When I finally got a decent PC the first and really one of the only games I've ever played on it was Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. And probably my most played game of all time. It's the game that almost made my mom force me to stop using a computer back in the day.

edit: strafer just wants to see the world burn.

Diablo 2 was also my first PC game, it set a bar that few games have ever managed to clear.

Edit: Piston is right, you should play Doom.

Doom holds up stupidly well, and is definitely worth a look.

Quake is an even better game than Doom, and is a top 25 game for me.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Not really feeling the weird editing in the Kerbal video. I initially thought my video was messed up because it kept missing parts, but nope the video is edited. Too bad, listening to Vinny and Alex screw up at space exploration was pretty great otherwise.

Also for anyone who hasn't played it, Kerbal Space Program is REALLY HARD. They don't fuck around with the physics and you have to know a surprisingly large amount of actual rocket science to get to the Mun, and shitloads more to get back or anywhere beyond that. Orbital Mechanics are hard. I have had friends with Aerospace Engineering degrees play this game and tell me it was hard as fuck to not explode every time. Really fun though. More people should play this.

valeo

Diablo 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. And probably my most played game of all time. It's the game that almost made my mom force me to stop using a computer back in the day.

It was this and Counter Strike for me. I used to wake up at 5am before school just to get some loot grinding in on Diablo 2.

Later on I discovered d2jsp and started making signatures for people there in exchange for 'forum gold'. Then I used that 'fg' to pay for items etc. I was in too deep.

Imagine if I spent all this time doing something useful.

Brashnir

edit: strafer just wants to see the world burn.

Diablo 2 is basically a F2P game before the invention of microtransactions.

Myggen

It was this and Counter Strike for me. I used to wake up at 5am before school just to get some loot grinding in on Diablo 2.

Later on I discovered d2jsp and started making signatures for people there in exchange for 'forum gold'. Then I used that 'fg' to pay for items etc. I was in too deep.

Imagine if I spent all this time doing something useful.

Yeah, I used to be in PvP tournaments organized by gaming forums, and spent hundreds of hours gearing up for that by doing Baal runs etc. At least I never got too deep into a MMO.

AcridMeat

Banned

2801968-darkforces.png

Good shit, Brad.
I'm really looking forward to these. Dark Forces was one of those games I'd always see at Ross or Marshalls but knew I wouldn't be allowed to have as a kid.

I decided to buy KOTOR II for $3 to curb my desire to buy Just Cause 3 right now. Between this and Stranger's Wrath December will be a time warp. My personal 2015 list is going to be really interesting now.

daedalius

Quake 2 was pretty alright, played a LOT of rocket arena. It was definitely slower paced than Q1 and Q3.

Q3 is probably my favorite of the 3; played the most of that one. I played against Fatality once, you wouldn't think he would come out to a random tournament in Overland Park, KS... but he did!

valeo

Yeah, I used to be in PvP tournaments organized by gaming forums, and spent hundreds of hours gearing up for that by doing Baal runs etc. At least I never got too deep into a MMO.

Haha I did that too. Never got into an MMO either - think D2 scratched that itch for me. Closest I got was with the first Guild Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom