• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
4h podcast is great and all but keep in mind that in a couple of weeks from now, a 4h long podcast will sound fucking short lol.

Taco Bell talk extended the bombcast. Not 4 hours long though, not specified on Jeff's "Mixlr".

Well they said they started 1:30 and finished 5:30 including breaks so it's possibly 3.5 - 4 hours. Alex commented that it felt really long.

I have a sudden urge to watch The Crystal Maze. Luckily, every episode is up on Youtube.

It's probably still the best mini-games show next to Takeshi's Castle.

graboids

KFC one here. A few people here in the Kuwait(Middle East) asked me who he is and all I said was that's the US version of KFC in some states, I hope they google about that fact.

awesome, I had no idea how far that design would travel when I did just because I was bored at work....

UzgoTDX.png

PettyQuickHamadryad.gif

Unless Brad plans to finish Undertale in one night, there's really no point. He should just finish the game that no one else on the staff has barely played, let alone finished.

But of course the Undertale fans gonna push that game like no tomorrow.

danm999

From what I hear the best parts of SOMA are all at the end?

Is there much point in him playing it unless he gets to that bit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's very engaging throughout the whole game.

People put too much value in knowing what the 'twist' is when the game's very fun just for how weird and mysterious the world seems

Also, RIP Tales from the Borderlands. Was never even given a chance.

First couple of hours are kinda boring, but it gets much better as it goes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Everybody seems to agree that the start of Undertale is mediocre compared to the latter parts too. If he chooses that, everybody loses.

It's very engaging throughout the whole game.

People put too much value in knowing what the 'twist' is when the game's very fun just for how weird and mysterious the world seems
"The Twist" people keep talking about knowing is like an hour into the game and is not treated as some great revelation, though. It's so much more than that.

AcridMeat

Banned
I told him to play (an episode of) Tales From The Borderlands.

Please Brad, it deserves at least one voice for the GOTY podcasts.

daydream

Banned
Unless Brad plans to finish Undertale in one night, there's really no point. He should just finish the game that no one else on the staff has barely played, let alone finished.

But of course the Undertale fans gonna push that game like no tomorrow.

i told him to speedrun it

seemed like a reasonable feat

Everybody seems to agree that the start of Undertale is mediocre compared to the latter parts too. If he chooses that, everybody loses.

Yup. While I think the game gets progressively worse as it goes on, the best part of the game is the end. Unless Brad actually plans to finish a normal run, I doubt he comes out of that experience willing to help push Undertale for the top 10. Hell we might get a Brad filibuster of him trying to keep it out of the top 10.

Maybe he should play Undertale.....

danm999

Yeah Brad ain't afraid to try and punt something off the list that he's only played a small amount of (see GTAV two years ago) so that's always a risk.

yami4ct

I told him to play (an episode of) Tales From The Borderlands.

Please Brad, it deserves at least one voice for the GOTY podcasts.

Austin has played at least 1 episode and enjoyed it, so at least 1 Bomber has checked it out. I doubt anyone would push for it for GOTY after 1 episode. The first episode is great, but not necessarily Top 10 of the year great on its own.

Fireblend

Banned
Undertale is doable in < ~5 hours. Pretty sure he can get at least the neutral ending in one sitting.

That said, I'd rather he played Tales from the Borderlands. I'm sure Undertale has enough support already.

yami4ct

Who will represent persona 4 DAN?

Gonna be a bad person here.

Project Diva gameplay is kind of not really very good. There are many more rhythm games I'd rather play. As Jeff mentioned in the QL, the sounds are really loud and distracting and make you feel like you are missing notes, but you also totally want that feedback for a rhythm game. That combined with the rather simplistic style holds it back IMO.

Soundtrack for P4 DAN is amazing, though.

Jason will pull the Guilty Gear rope a dope and get it on the top ten list.

I really hope the Jason Swerve becomes an annual thing like the Brad Filibuster.

Project Diva gameplay is kind of not really very good. There are many more rhythm games I'd rather play. As Jeff mentioned in the QL, the sounds are really loud and distracting and make you feel like you are missing notes, but you also totally want that feedback for a rhythm game. That combined with the rather simplistic style holds it back IMO.

I'm fine with Project Diva gameplay, but I'll throw out there that in a year of many rhythm games, Superbeat XONiC is massively overlooked.

Good thing Neogaf's GOTY thing is far away. Should have time to finish Undertale, Soma and Tales From The Borderlands. Jeff is also taking a crack at JC3. Alex tried out Undertale

So what I'm saying is that every game worthy for it to be mentioned will be mentioned by someone atleast lol.

yami4ct

Good thing Neogaf's GOTY thing is far away. Should have time to finish Undertale, Soma and Tales From The Borderlands. Jeff is also taking a crack at JC3. Alex tried out Undertale

So what I'm saying is that every game worthy for it to be mentioned will be mentioned by someone atleast lol

No one will mention Trails in the Sky SC. I 100% guarantee it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Oh I agree, certainly isn't the best rhythm game I've played this year. Been kind of a crazy year for rhythm games though, tbf.

I don't really mind the sounds though. I never got the distraction complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom