• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's great? We still have The Division to see.

is there anything else from that next gen sales pitch group that has yet to come out?

I feel like expectations for the division have been sufficiently tempered, so its mediocrity shouldn't be too surprising to anyone.

Deep Down? The Witness? I suppose neither are particularly "next gen" games.

yami4ct

Deep Down?

I feel like expectations for DD went into the toilet as soon as Capcom said F2P.

Also heard not great things from beta. I'd be up for a F2P MonHun style game that looks nice, but I guess Dragon's Dogma Online might be more worth hoping for in that realm.

danm999

is there anything else from that next gen sales pitch group that has yet to come out?

I feel like expectations for the division have been sufficiently tempered, so its mediocrity shouldn't be too surprising to anyone.

Uncharted 4. I'm pretty sure the initial teaser was dropped like, a day or so before the PS4 was released.

Quentyn

It's crazy, that game was at three E3s and I feel like we still know barely anything about it. There is supposedly a big marketing push coming in December, but I am not sure the game is not gonna get delayed again.

Quantum Break was announced together with the Xbox One and is still not out.

Joeku

Yeah THPS5 has most disappointing on lock. Batman will runner up.

I doubt the Order will place since the Giant Bomb guys had few expectations for it. That came mostly from people hyping it up to give them something exclusive to play on their PS4; a tension not resolved until Bloodbourne.

Man, maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but I wish the game was unnecessarily called "Bloodbourne".

It's crazy, that game was at three E3s and I feel like we still know barely anything about it. There is supposedly a big marketing push coming in December, but I am not sure the game is not gonna get delayed again.

Quantum Break was announced together with the Xbox One and is still not out.

The game got announced so long ago I have a $40 preorder (games are $80 now in Canada) of it at Futureshop, Canada's Best Buy, in an effective 3-for-2 deal with Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Arkham Origins on 360. Seriously.

Off The Clock will be posted tomorrow-ish. Should be a big one.

I really like that feature.
Man, maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but I wish the game was unnecessarily called "Bloodbourne".

The game got announced so long ago I have a $40 preorder (games are $80 now in Canada) of it at Futureshop, Canada's Best Buy, in an effective 3-for-2 deal with Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Arkham Origins on 360. Seriously.
Once Xenoblade Chronicles X releases my credit pact with Futureshop will finally be over. I'm looking forward to being free of them, at last.
(Est. delivery time for my copy: January 3 2015)

Joeku

Off The Clock will be posted tomorrow-ish. Should be a big one.

I really like that feature.

Once Xenoblade Chronicles X releases my credit pact with Futureshop will finally be over. I'm looking forward to being free of them, at last.
(Est. delivery time for my copy: January 3 2015)

I'm stuck with them til FFXV and Zelda WiiU come out, so...at least until the end of 2016, if not longer.

Edit: Does that mean you missed out on that Amazon $20 thing with XCX?

I'm stuck with them til FFXV and Zelda WiiU come out, so...at least until the end of 2016, if not longer.

Well... at least you'll be saving, like, 50%.

There's a bright side to everything!

NinjaEdit: And about your edit, no idea what that is. So, yes!

Joeku

Well... at least you'll be saving, like, %50.

There's a bright side to everything!

NinjaEdit: And about your edit, no idea what that is. So, yes!

There was some price error on Xenoblade Chronicles preorders on Amazon.ca where they all got reduced to $19.87 or something a month back, so plenty of people are getting it now for next to nothing. I wish I had given a shit about the game around E3 time; I've yet to finish Xenoblade proper.

There was some price error on Xenoblade Chronicles preorders on Amazon.ca where they all got reduced to $19.87 or something a month back, so plenty of people are getting it now for next to nothing. I wish I had given a shit about the game around E3 time; I've yet to finish Xenoblade proper.

There's a positive side to everything.. except this.

What a bummer.

Joeku

Is it unfair to call Tales from the Borderlands title cards as "best moment/sequence"? None of the crew has played enough to give it credit, but I mean more like...they're not really interactive. They're just there to be watched. But they are so good.

Personally I'm actually hoping for Life is Strange
Episode 3, with the whole going back into the picture to save William and then seeing the ramifications. At least GBeast got that far.

There's a positive side to everything.. except this.

What a bummer.

I'm sorry, friend. :(

At least the game looks like it's worth $60+. Many aren't these days.

yami4ct

Is it unfair to call Tales from the Borderlands title cards as "best moment/sequence"? None of the crew has played enough to give it credit, but I mean more like...they're not really interactive. They're just there to be watched. But they are so good.

Personally I'm actually hoping for Life is Strange
Episode 3, with the whole going back into the picture to save William and then seeing the ramifications. At least GBeast got that far.

For me, it's the end of Episode 2 of LiS. It's a bit contrived, but still was extremely emotional impactful for me. The final boss of Splatoon would also be in contention.

Joeku

For me, it's the end of Episode 2 of LiS. It's a bit contrived, but still was extremely emotional impactful for me. The final boss of Splatoon would also be in contention.

FUCK. I still have to finish the single-player.

Add it to the fucking list.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The TFTBL intro sequences win best title cards of any video game, ever. And no you can't just watch them on Youtube. The way they're thrown into each episode (other than maybe episode one) is just *mmm*

yami4ct

How long to play through that entirely, roughly? I did an hour or so of single-player.

It's really quite short. I have no clue how long it took me, but I'd say probably 5 hours at the very most. You're already 1/4 of the way done. It's basically 4 areas with the same number of levels.

tchocky

It's interesting to look at the GB guys steam pages to see which games they are trying to play before GOTY Vinny playing Soma and Pillars of Eternity, Jeff playing Witcher 3 and Her Story and Drew playing Undertale and Life Is Strange.

chrixter

DMX Goomba for best moment

Seriously though, my list of best moments of 2015 would consist largely of "holy shit, you can do that?" in Mario Maker. 300+ hours in that game and I still encounter new and insane combinations of elements nearly every time I play it.

Joeku

It's interesting to look at the GB guys steam pages to see which games they are trying to play before GOTY Vinny playing Soma and Pillars of Eternity, Jeff playing Witcher 3 and Her Story and Drew playing Undertale and Life Is Strange.

Her Story is going to almost entirely ignored and it is probably my #2 this year. It's such a clever way of presenting a story, and playing it with someone else beside me was amazing. So many times we said the same thing to each other, like
"Cellar, cellar, cellar."
and started slapfighting when a string of new videos came up. Talking through the mystery of the game while playing through it is so good.

Her Story spoilers:
All you fucks are wrong. It is one woman and she does not have multiple personality disorder; she set up and executed a murder and got away with it. She played you by forcing you into one of two camps and she played the detectives with misleading evidence. You fools.

tchocky

Her Story is going to almost entirely ignored and it is probably my #2 this year. It's such a clever way of presenting a story, and playing it with someone else beside me was amazing. So many times we said the same thing to each other, like
"Cellar, cellar, cellar."
and started slapfighting when a string of new videos came up. Talking through the mystery of the game while playing through it is so good.

Her Story spoilers:
All you fucks are wrong. It is one woman and she does not have multiple personality disorder; she set up and executed a murder and got away with it. She played you by forcing you into one of two camps and she played the detectives with misleading evidence. You fools.

One of my favourite moments of the year is (Her Story spoilers)
Watching my sister play it she found a clip where the woman mentions her sisters name. My sister then did a search for that name and the woman said that was her name and my sister just sat their and went "WHAT".

danm999

Wait Drew's playing Life is Strange?

Joeku

One of my favourite moments of the year is (Her Story spoilers)
Watching my sister play it she found a clip where the woman mentions her sisters name. My sister then did a search for that name and the woman said that was her name and my sister just sat their and went "WHAT".

That game is a series of fantastic twists like that. Using transcription and database searching as a primary mechanic is FUCKING INSANE.
Truly innovative gameplay.

chrixter

I lol'd at Jeff's 0.2 hours played of Witcher 3 in the last two weeks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'll do it for free.

Well get cracking then!

I ain't paying you to not play TW3.

All joking aside, I keep thinking that I should get TW3 to test the 960 I'm getting in, but then realise that the 960 is probably pretty inadequate for it.

hamchan

Drew has the right idea. If I were them I would just abandon the long games like the Witcher 3 and PoE. No time left, so just finish all the shorter games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom