• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
You're not able to view the character once someone's subscription lapses. After Dan's free trial his character would be unavailable to view.

No, what actually happened was Youth Minister Bakalar intervened and convinced Dan to leave that WoW life behind and accept Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour.

Brashnir

Besides sport games, there weren't many games that came out on both consoles at the same time. I can't really think of any.

There were a few. Most of the Plastic Instrument games did, as I recall. Some of the rarity was caused by the PS3 coming out a year after the 360, which had a ton of cross-generation ports in the first year.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Matthew Rorie ‏@frailgesture 2m minutes ago

these men are discussing fast food

CVZ4A6eUwAAhDYx.jpg

Austin Walker, as you sit there, talking as fancy as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because it will be GOTY season in 3 weeks, and I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest. I don’t hate you, Austin. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people on this site.

I hate this idea that you think Invisible Inc is the best. Because it's not. Life is Strange is the best. It's the best in the world. If you continue to think that, that is just you kissing Les Moonves’ ass. You’re as good as kissing Les Moonves’ ass as Mike and Molly was. I don’t know if you’re as good as David though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!

Life is Strange is the best game in the world.

It's been the best since the first episode was released in January. And it's been vilified and hated since that day because Dontnod saw something in a female protagonist no one wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a episodic guy.

I’ve played so many games that you don't have time for that its finally dawned on me that time is just that, a flat circle. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that week in and week out, I have listen to the Beastcast for almost 6 months. Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I never can buy enough hats or t-shirts. Matt Rorie will not even respond to my emails. He keeps watching those crappy movies with Emma Stone. I never got sent my signed poster . No one retweets my photoshops. I’m not appreciated like Fobwashed. I’m not as loved as Aurahack But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that David had a Late Night show on CBS makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are laughing right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving this thread than anything else. Because you’re the ones who are posting Vinny GIFs right now. You’re the ones that laugh at Sarcastic Gamer. and then at five in the morning download the latest GB content.

I’m leaving this thread on Jan 1st once GOTY is done. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go listen to Kinda Funny. Maybe…I’ll go back to Tested

Hey, Greg Miller, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to subscribe to this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Jeff Gerstmann is going to make money despite himself. He’s a Lexus driver who should be in a Tesla Model S. Tou know why he’s not in a Model S? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, podcasting , douchebag yes men, like Brad Shoemaker, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after CBS dump him again. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by that idiotic Ryckert, his doofus friend and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Dan Ryckert alright. He does this whole Air Force Gator thing...

Kelas

I need more pics of their office move

What's up with the maniquin? I guess they're using that for GOTY skits?

That's been there for years.

I'm not sure I will even say anything if I see him.

That's probably a better choice.

Or if you happen to pass each other walking different directions, you could just shout real loud "jeff G!", emphasis on the g.

Again, probably best not to actually do that though.

Kelas

Alright I read all that and I'm not sure I get it.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Austin Walker, as you sit there, talking as fancy as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because it will be GOTY season in 3 weeks, and I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest. I don’t hate you, Austin. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people on this site.

I hate this idea that you think Invisible Inc is the best. Because it's not. Life is Strange is the best. It's the best in the world. If you continue to think that, that is just you kissing Les Moonves’ ass. You’re as good as kissing Les Moonves’ ass as Mike and Molly was. I don’t know if you’re as good as David though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

It's been the best since the first episode was released in January. And it's been vilified and hated since that day because Dontnod saw something in a female protagonist no one wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a episodic guy.

I’ve played so many games that you don't have time for that its finally dawned on me that time is just that, a flat circle. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that week in and week out, I have listen to the Beastcast for almost 6 months. Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I never can buy enough hats or t-shirts. Matt Rorie will not even respond to my emails. He keeps watching those crappy movies with Emma Stone. I never got sent my signed poster . No one retweets my photoshops. I’m not appreciated like Fobwashed. I’m not as loved as Aurahack But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that David had a Late Night show on CBS makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are laughing right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving this thread than anything else. Because you’re the ones who are posting Vinny GIFs right now. You’re the ones that laugh at Sarcastic Gamer. and then at five in the morning download the latest GB content.

I’m leaving this thread on Jan 1st once GOTY is done. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go listen to Kinda Funny. Maybe…I’ll go back to Tested

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to subscribe to this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Jeff Gerstmann is going to make money despite himself. He’s a Lexus driver who should be in a Tesla Model S. Tou know why he’s not in a Model S? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, podcasting , douchebag yes men, like Brad Shoemaker, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after CBS dump him again. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by that idiotic Ryckert, his doofus friend and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Dan Ryckert alright. He does this whole Air Force Gator thing...
I desperately hope someone misinterprets this post.

I truly do not understand what this is referencing.

FStop7

Banned
there are plenty of Asian and black VAs who play a wide variety of races in many games, cartoons etc. Bailey played an Asian in Binary Domain so her playing a black person is nothing crazy. Phil Lamarr is black and he's played every single type of race under the sun and yet no one even cares. People making a big deal outta nothing.

I'm more bothered that people expect characters of a particular race need to be played by a VA of the same race.

gross

Brashnir

Is this a wrestling thing?

edit - apparently yes, it is a wrestling thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom