• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
lrn2twitr
CVbhiahU8AEOS-j.jpg:orig

Amazing.

I wonder how much stuff the movers will lose.

I fully expect "We are still setting up the new studio so we cant make a lot of videos" to be a thing until E3.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Periscope... It's the first time I see the path they took from the elevator to their (now old) desks.... We always only seen people come in from the back hallway.

Lelcar

Just Cause 3 is fun. Boy, it's a nice change of pace from all these sprawling RPGs and intense storyline games that I've been playing this year. I can finally relax and put a podcast or video on in the background without having to worry that something important is going to happen in-game.

justjim89

I wish Neon Struct had gotten more attention, I'm glad GBEast did a QL for it. That game plays like a long lost Looking Glass game and it has so much charm to it. Seems like it went criminally unnoticed, even moreso than Eldritch before it.

yami4ct

Just finished Chapter 7 in Trails in the Sky SC.

Holy shit guys. This game is incredible. This is easily the greatest JRPG I've played since Persona 4. Not counting Etrian Odyssey in that since it's such a different thing.

The original Trials in the Sky was a bit of a slow burn, but I appreciate what it allowed them to do here. This game is just massive payoff stretched over 60 hours. I cannot believe how interesting and fun the writing is and how well damn paced the game is. Chapter 7 was one of the most incredible things I've played in a JPRG in some time. The combat isn't super special, but it still provides a good amount of strategy and fun.

I've only got 2 more chapters to go and I'll probably push through them tomorrow. This has been such an experience. I feel like the Trails in the Sky Duology should be required playing for any JRPG fan. I'm so happy this pair is finally complete on western shores.

Lelcar

Just finished Chapter 7 in Trails in the Sky SC. Holy shit guys. This game is incredible.

Awesome. I'm still sitting on the first Trails in the Sky that I bought for Steam, waiting for the right time to start it. All of this TitS (ha!) hype is really edging me to start this series sooner rather than later. I, however, have a sick compulsion to want to play and finish all of the new games that I possibly can before starting older ones. I will get to playing Trails though, I really need a good JRPG in my life, it's been too long.

Fobwashed

Austin Walker, as you sit there, talking as fancy as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because it will be GOTY season in 3 weeks, and I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest. I don’t hate you, Austin. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people on this site.

I hate this idea that you think Invisible Inc is the best. Because it's not. Life is Strange is the best. It's the best in the world. If you continue to think that, that is just you kissing Les Moonves’ ass. You’re as good as kissing Les Moonves’ ass as Mike and Molly was. I don’t know if you’re as good as David though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!

Life is Strange is the best game in the world.

It's been the best since the first episode was released in January. And it's been vilified and hated since that day because Dontnod saw something in a female protagonist no one wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a episodic guy.

I’ve played so many games that you don't have time for that its finally dawned on me that time is just that, a flat circle. The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that week in and week out, I have listen to the Beastcast for almost 6 months. Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I never can buy enough hats or t-shirts. Matt Rorie will not even respond to my emails. He keeps watching those crappy movies with Emma Stone. I never got sent my signed poster . No one retweets my photoshops. I’m not appreciated like Fobwashed. I’m not as loved as Aurahack But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that David had a Late Night show on CBS makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are laughing right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving this thread than anything else. Because you’re the ones who are posting Vinny GIFs right now. You’re the ones that laugh at Sarcastic Gamer. and then at five in the morning download the latest GB content.

I’m leaving this thread on Jan 1st once GOTY is done. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go listen to Kinda Funny. Maybe…I’ll go back to Tested

Hey, Greg Miller, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to subscribe to this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Jeff Gerstmann is going to make money despite himself. He’s a Lexus driver who should be in a Tesla Model S. Tou know why he’s not in a Model S? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, podcasting , douchebag yes men, like Brad Shoemaker, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after CBS dump him again. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by that idiotic Ryckert, his doofus friend and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Dan Ryckert alright. He does this whole Air Force Gator thing...

<3

Houndi101

Watching the Jeff, Vinny, Alex and Drew Extra Life stream from 2013 because can't go through my weekends anymore without GB footage, good stuff

Jintor

this is pretty offtopic but does GAF have like an official general Tabletop RPG thread somewhere? Searching with either the built-in search engine or google is pinging back way too many false positives

komplanen

So what the heck? I need some explaining on what is going on with the team. I literally have no clue since I've stopped following the site other than some random live streams like Mario Maker and Beast Playdates.

They're moving? Is that just it?

tchocky

So what the heck? I need some explaining on what is going on with the team. I literally have no clue since I've stopped following the site other than some random live streams like Mario Maker and Beast Playdates.

They're moving? Is that just it?

GBWest and Gamespot are moving from the 3rd floor down to the 1st floor. GBeast are currently in SF to record GOTY content.

komplanen

GBWest and Gamespot are moving from the 3rd floor down to the 1st floor. GBeast are currently in SF to record GOTY content.

Thanks. For a moment there the two pictures I saw were 'last supper' on Twitter and Jeff pulling GB logo off the wall.

My mind went to places.

M.D

Are they doing a live stream of PSX? I remember Brad saying they'll go there because it's in SF, but are they all going?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but does anyone know if hooking up an SSD to my PC through a USB enclosure is fast enough for games? I assume yes. I got a new 480 GB SSD but my pc's cable situation isn't great and I'd rather just sidestep it altogether.

komplanen

I can't think of anywhere else to ask this, but does anyone know if hooking up an SSD to my PC through a USB enclosure is fast enough for games? I assume yes. I got a new 480 GB SSD but my pc's cable situation isn't great and I'd rather just sidestep it altogether.

It would be gimping the SSD. PC cable situation can't be that hard to fix, can it?

Even USB 3.0 is slower than what you can get with a SATA cable.

480 GB SDDs aren't cheap! Use SATA! I'm guessing that the cable situation you want to sidestep has more to do with the power supply than adding a SATA cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom