• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Of course dan was always going to like sour cream. Literally the only reason he didn't like it was because he never tried it.

danm999

Didn't his mum trick him eating it on something once and he thought it was delicious but when he discovered that out he threw it away? Or was that Mayo?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think the actual name "sour cream" does it a disservice. That sounds like something that should be disgusting, not fantastic like it is. So i can kinda get why a person would avoid it.

GavinGT

Banned
Damn it Dan, this is the second time you've gotten me to try a Taco Bell chicken quesadilla and they're just not very good.

Didn't his mum trick him eating it on something once and he thought it was delicious but when he discovered that out he threw it away? Or was that Mayo?

No, it was sour cream. And not only did he say the mac and cheese was delicious, he said it was the best he'd ever eaten. Then he promptly threw it all away when his mom told him one of the ingredients was sour cream.

OBYwygi.png

Chicken Burrito is shit confirmed.

danm999

No, it was sour cream. And not only did he say the mac and cheese was delicious, he said it was the best he'd ever eaten. Then he promptly threw it all away when his mom told him one of the ingredients was sour cream.

Ok that's as baffling as I remember.

Because if he's not avoiding food because of their taste it's some indiscernible criteria.

Kaizer

Banned
I think the actual name "sour cream" does it a disservice. That sounds like something that should be disgusting, not fantastic like it is. So i can kinda get why a person would avoid it.

Meh, I had a Grilled Stuft Nacho from Taco Bell earlier this year and made the mistake of not asking for sour cream. To my delight it was absolute drenched in sour cream throughout and completely fucking disgusting. I really did make a concentrated effort to try and enjoy it, but I felt myself getting nauseous and just stopped.

danm999

Has anyone mentioned the fact that items eaten earlier are more likely to be scored higher than items eaten at the end? I mean, it's just a scientific fact that food tastes better the hungrier you are, this whole thing is so fraudulent. We need to fix the process and do it again.

I'm just sick of people giving low scores to chicken burritos to be different and attract attention.

I mean, how can chicken quesadillas be rated so much higher? Review is hypocritical.

I'm just sick of people giving low scores to chicken burritos to be different and attract attention.

I mean, how can chicken quesadillas be rated so much higher? Review is hypocritical.

I'm just surprised Dan didn't drink a few sips of wine during his scathing critique.

repeater

Has anyone mentioned the fact that items eaten earlier are more likely to be scored higher than items eaten at the end? I mean, it's just a scientific fact that food tastes better the hungrier you are, this whole thing is so fraudulent. We need to fix the process and do it again.
Well I think the idea is the same as with GB's GOTY deliberations: just broadcast the whole thing so everyone can see what a silly arbitrary process it really is.

xanavi

Unbelievable, some of these wraps are coming undone immediately out of the packaging but the chicken burrito, which is able to keep all of its contents wrapped tight out of the paper is getting a lower score. SMDH

What Remains of Edith Finch is being talked about right now on the PSX stream! It's one of the games that Jeff, Dan, and Brad tripped out over at the PGW conference. You know, the bird turning into a whale sliding down a hill game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom