• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasn't a playstation guy.
The crash games never seemed to be "good".
Like, outside of nostalgia, what do people think of those games now? Then even?

I think they aged about as well as just about any 3D game on PS1 (poorly) But at the time they where pretty good and for what they are they are solid little games.

They are pretty small in scope when you compare to the big open Nintendo 64 platformers though.

Crash games are basically the prototype of the runner genre with some random traditional 2D platforming tossed into it every now and again. To this day I am surprised Acitivsion hasnt made a Crash Runner for mobile. Seems like it would be a perfect fit.

hamchan

i wasn't a playstation guy.
The crash games never seemed to be "good".
Like, outside of nostalgia, what do people think of those games now? Then even?

They were excellent games then and even playing it as recently as last year, they're still excellent. Just some good controlling, very well designed platformers. The 2nd and 3rd one especially.

Megasoum

Banned
And that's a wrap on Tomb Raider.... Loved it.

Now what next...hmm... Go back to AC Syndicate? Continuer Fallout 4 (bleh)? or Start Tales of the Borderlands... Hmm I think I might go with TOTL.

zoozilla

So "all items on the Taco Bell menu" turned out to be ~30 items?

Have to say I'm slightly disappointed. Also disappointed Dan didn't have a full-out fart attack.

BearPawB

Banned
So "all items on the Taco Bell menu" turned out to be ~30 items?

Have to say I'm slightly disappointed. Also disappointed Dan didn't have a full-out fart attack.

I think he had a bad stratedgy. He needed to write down an order, and have them make it. The lady was good, but she stopped short, and just like doubled up on a bunch of the same stuff with different meat

Mature

The blatant Crash Bandicoot teasing at PSX had me wondering. Do any of the duders have any opinions whatsoever on Crash?
Pretty average platformers that I have no intention of ever returning to. Outside of nostalgia, I don't really see why people would want a new one. And... what does that even look like today?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty average platformers that I have no intention of ever returning to. Outside of nostalgia, I don't really see why people would want a new one. And... what does that even look like today?

Wait, we talking about Crash Bandicoot or Pscyhoanuts?

itslikewearethesameguy.gif

For how often its posted I can't find it ._.

so I'll just post this

tumblr_nh8bm71smT1u5eu8ao1_500.gif

So I got credits in Her Story, and kept playing quite a bit after that.

I'm not sure I... get it? It seems simple enough, but I feel like I'm missing something, like there was supposed to be some revelation I either didn't get or figured out too early.

danm999

So I got credits in Her Story, and kept playing quite a bit after that.

I'm not sure I... get it? It seems simple enough, but I feel like I'm missing something, like there was supposed to be some revelation I either didn't get or figured out too early.

What was your interpretation of what happened?

Tubobutts

getting a gaf ad for that elder scrolls online million bucks debacle now

so embarassing

I was thinking about buying it because it's on sale, but then I learned that even though all of Valenwood is in the game, there aren't even any Imga! They probably don't have all types of Khajiit either.

What was your interpretation of what happened?
I may get specifics wrong here.

Her Story Spoiler
Twins separated at birth, live across from one another. One lives a normal life while the other is locked in an attic. Mother dies, the girls meet and live a shared life for a long time. They meet Simon, and Hannah and Eve decide to go their separate ways so Hannah can live a normal life with Simon. By chance, though, Simon meets Eve and doesn't let on that he's married. At some point one of the girls miscarries and is rendered infertile, and the other girl gets pregnant with Simon's child. The infertile girl kills Simon because something something mirror, and the player character is the child, Sarah.

BearPawB

Banned

Her Story Spoiler
Twins separated at birth, live across from one another. One lives a normal life while the other is locked in an attic. Mother dies, the girls meet and live a shared life for a long time. They meet Simon, and Hannah and Eve decide to go their separate ways so Hannah can live a normal life with Simon. By chance, though, Simon meets Eve and doesn't let on that he's married. At some point one of the girls miscarries and is rendered infertile, and the other girl gets pregnant with Simon's child. The infertile girl kills Simon because something something mirror, and the player character is the child, Sarah.

there is a debate. I interpreted it as she has multiple personalities and is a complete lunatic. So yeah when i "realized" that, it certainly felt like a big moment

Her Story Spoiler
Are you sure? You might want to think about it a bit more. Granted some people interpret in that way, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like
it's just one person. She either has multiple personality disorder or she is making it all up. The former seems to be the most likely scenario.
. Austin did a special podcast about it at some point so it might be worth listening to.

there is a debate. I interpreted it as she has multiple personalities and is a complete lunatic. So yeah when i "realized" that, it certainly felt like a big moment

Are you sure? You might want to think about it a bit more. Granted some people interpret in that way, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like
it's just one person. She either has multiple personality disorder or she is making it all up. The former seems to be the most likely scenario.
. Austin did a special podcast about it at some point so it might be worth listening to.

........oh.

i mean,
you aren't wrong.

The game doesn't answer it.

But that is kind of what I like about it.

We can play it, experience the story slightly differently, and get something unique out of it.

I dunno, it seems pretty clear now. It would explain a lot of the themes and events. I'm just frustrated now that I didn't come to it on my own.

Wait but what about the tattoo?

Zornack

I like the idea
that it's two people because it plays with the title "Her Story" when it was actually "Their Story."
I didn't get all the videos though so I don't know which way the evidence points.

There were way less panels this year at PSX than last year. I wonder if last year was too unwieldy for them. They'd have three going at the same time at points. And if you wanted to watch them all, you'd need to either watch them live or wait for them to be uploaded. This year, there was like five total, all in succession (with small show floor interviews in between). There was the VR panel, the Naughty Dog panel, the Call of Duty panel, the PS I Love You XOXO panel, the Story Telling panel, and the Fighting Game panel. It almost feels like PSX could be a one day event next year. But, I'm sure it'll be two days so all the fans can try the games on the show floor.

BearPawB

Banned
I dunno, it seems pretty clear now. It would explain a lot of the themes and events. I'm just frustrated now that I didn't come to it on my own.

Wait but what about the tattoo?

No, like honestly...this is hotly debated. There is no settled answer.

Rock Paper Shotgun seem to agree with you: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/25/her-story-verdict-analysis/

there is a good GIANTBOMB thread on it:
http://www.giantbomb.com/her-story/3030-49898/forums/deconstructing-her-story-1774694/ that actually also comes down on your side i think.

From : http://lynncinnamon.com/2015/07/the-her-story-obsession-a-murder-mystery-fairy-tale/
The biggest physical issues with the one person theory is the tattoo and the bruise. The tattoo could be a temporary tattoo that is put on to be “Eve.” Possibly the tattoo may be covered up with sleeves and makeup when Hannah doesn’t want it to be seen. At some point Hannah has a bruise on her left cheek, but Eve thinks the bruise is on the opposite cheek (which furthers the mirror theme, if nothing else.) This could still be either a psychotic Hannah who believes in the moment that she’s Eve, or a calculating Hannah trying to fool detectives. She may be truly dissociative, or a very imaginative woman has used some of her childhood fantasies to concoct a story to try to get away with murder. At the very least, she maybe be hoping to convince everyone that she deserves an insanity plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom