• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, video games are reviewed on a 5-star scale. But Taco Bell menu items need the fine-grain for a 100-point scale to properly rank their various degrees of subtlety.

Jabronium

Realizing this is a bit OT given the current climate...should I start Suikoden 1 or 2, or finish my Bloodborne NG+ run (ready to face The One Reborn)?

Damn I bought FF7 despite saying I wouldn't.

Also I feel Jeff's enthusiasm for Rez totally leans into how people felt for nostalgic announcements at E3 that GB roundly dismissed but I'm glad he's excited.

yami4ct

Also I feel Jeff's enthusiasm for Rez totally leans into how people felt for nostalgic announcements at E3 that GB roundly dismissed but I'm glad he's excited.

I wouldn't say they were dismissive of the E3 stuff. They just didn't care personally. There's a difference there. They shouldn't feign interest in major announcements that don't appeal to them.

BearPawB

Banned

I don't think Jeff thinks people shouldn't be excited about things they care about
I just think he doesn't like being told to care about something he doesnt care about.

Everyone bitched about their non-reaction to the ff7 trailer. But that is because Jeff doesn't care about FF7.

What I am saying is REZ is his FF7

kai3345

Banned
@JosephJBroni said:
When you hand @johnvignocchi the AUX cord
2668.png
2668.png
2668.png
1f4af.png
1f4af.png
1f4af.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/-70AQ7Mka7/

BearPawB

Banned
The words Sour and Cream shouldn't be together

I like sour things.
I like cream.

But i do not want sour cream.

I don't mind if it's there, but it adds absolutely nothing of value.

Mayo is also bad, mostly because people add SO MUCH OF IT to shit. A little hint of Mayo = A OK. but they just POUR it on

I'm not talking about their non-reaction to announcements but "Why won't they just make something new?" is a recurring theme on GB but only when it's not something they personally like (never taking into account loads of people who aren't them do).

Anyway, it's a slight point, I'm not going to die on a hill for it.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm not talking about their non-reaction to announcements but "Why won't they just make something new?" is a recurring theme on GB but only when it's not something they personally like (never taking into account loads of people who aren't them do).

No, I getcha.
I think because its VR, and a game that in many ways has always been destined for VR it is a bit different.

It isn't just "here is a new shenmue that looks like a Dreamcast 2 game..."
It here is Rez as you always dreamed it would be.

It isn't: Here nerd, you asked for it for years. Now eat it up!
It is: VR can be cool, and we think Rez is a good way to show how cool VR can be.

Bacon

I know what you mean. Brad brings up the "I wonder how much of this love is tied to nostalgia" argument a lot.

No, I getcha.
I think because its VR, and a game that in many ways has always been destined for VR it is a bit different.

It isn't just "here is a new shenmue that looks like a Dreamcast 2 game..."
It here is Rez as you always dreamed it would be.

It isn't: Here nerd, you asked for it for years. Now eat it up!
It is: VR can be cool, and we think Rez is a good way to show how cool VR can be.

One thing they sort of glossed over is the fact that Rez can be played on PS4 without VR.

There's a second archive. He eats, burps, and farts in it.

No, I'm watching the second one where he eats it all, I don't watch his weird art ordering ones. He can't eat all that shit in 38 minutes unless he's only taking one bite of each.
edit: wait, he totally is just taking one bite out of things.

No, I'm watching the second one where he eats it all, I don't watch his weird art ordering ones. He can't eat all that shit in 38 minutes unless he's only taking one bite of each.
edit: wait, he totally is just taking one bite out of things.

Yeah, it's only one bite of each. And then he yells a number.

His plan for the rest of the food was originally to give it to homeless people, at which point his girlfriend politely reminded him that no, you cannot give food that you have taken bites out of to homeless people.

Oh my god the Sour Cream revelation.
Also I love how his girlfriend is standing on the sides watching this. Dan is lucky to have someone who supports his idiocy.

The blatant Crash Bandicoot teasing at PSX had me wondering. Do any of the duders have any opinions whatsoever on Crash?

I wonder what the hell is up with all this.

Activision and Sony teaming up for some big 20th anniversary revival?
Sony actually buy the rights somehow? (seems really unlikely)
Who the hell even makes a new Crash Bandicoot game? The big names involved with the originals is a millionaire or a executive or are Mark Cerny.

BearPawB

Banned
The blatant Crash Bandicoot teasing at PSX had me wondering. Do any of the duders have any opinions whatsoever on Crash?

Who the hell even makes a new Crash Bandicoot game? The big names involved with the originals is a millionaire or a executive or are Mark Cerny.

i wasn't a playstation guy.
The crash games never seemed to be "good".
Like, outside of nostalgia, what do people think of those games now? Then even?

StoveOven

Banned

I imagine that Dan liked the games and nobody else really has opinions on them. As for developers, I see Sanzaru thrown around a lot by people. It makes sense as they did Sly 4 which was pretty faithful to the IP. I just hope it is a smaller project and not a big part of Sony's plan. It's a nice nostalgia trip for some, but I really don't want them wasting resources on a Crash Bandicoot game

BearPawB

Banned
life has to be pretty surreal for Austin right now.

Like, he knows the "memes" from an outsider perspective. But is now literally living it.

It's something very few people ever get to experience in any sort of way.

daydream

Banned
I imagine that Dan liked the games and nobody else really has opinions on them. As for developers, I see Sanzaru thrown around a lot by people. It makes sense as they did Sly 4 which was pretty faithful to the IP. I just hope it is a smaller project and not a big part of Sony's plan. It's a nice nostalgia trip for some, but I really don't want them wasting resources on a Crash Bandicoot game

hm yeah, lest the money went to waste and not toward those amazing sony first party games they've been treating us to on ps4

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Speaking of Twitter, the giant robot golf game exists because of Giant Bomb.

Dan Teasdale Retweeted
Brian Silva ‏@bigc_33 5h5 hours ago
How 100ft Robot Golf happened.
@deliciousbees "we are making this dumb thing"
Me "we love dumb things"
I got sick and @MattBodega signed it

danm999

I really liked the discussion on negative comments and interacting with fans and opinions on the Beastcast and how they all deal with. Felt like the Beastcast even brought out that different tone and topic in Dan and Jeff which was cool.

Even if they are all a bunch of anti-Microsoft shills on the take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom