• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I... but she... and the parents?
w7TL3nA.gif

I wasn't ready for this.

I nailed the knock code though, and spent far too long contemplating the mistake she makes in it.

danm999

I dunno, it seems pretty clear now. It would explain a lot of the themes and events. I'm just frustrated now that I didn't come to it on my own.

Wait but what about the tattoo?

There isn't a concrete answer. I am actually more fond of your initial interpretation because

To me it's more satisfying the idea that they were separate people and Hannah killed Simon because there's a lot more weight to the whole fairy tale story. Hannah was worried Eve was stealing everything from her as an outsider; her parents, her husband, her identity.

The multiple personalities thing is a little less appealing to me because it basically says Hannah went more mental than usual one day and killed Simon. There's kind of no inciting event for the murder.

Of course, the "she's making it up" theory is also possible, but then it sort of becomes like The Usual Suspects and there's no point analysing much of it since it's all lies.

Lunar FC

Been crazy busy as of late. Guess it's a good thing since the website seems to be really dead during the moving process. Anything not on the site that I missed?

Been crazy busy as of late. Guess it's a good thing since the website seems to be really dead during the moving process. Anything not on the site that I missed?

dan went to taco bell and ordered one of everything and tried it all rating it on a scale from 0-100

jeff freaked the fuck out over rez VR

it's actually been a fairly busy day for a saturday

So was Jeff going to PSX anyway or did he see Rez VR and get on the phone to book a demo?

Also dumb idea.

Companion App for Rez Infinite. It connects to the game and vibrates your phone to the music. Also you can connect as many phones as you got to a single game so you can have a vibrating phone in every pocket you got!

Dan should Quick Look Final Fantasy VII PC on PS4 for the site.

Do the Black Mesa fake out where they pretend its new game and rile up some fans while the FF7 interest is super hot.

Dan is done, right?

Like as a human being he can no longer exist, right?

I am normally OK with Dan and his bullshit but something about that Taco Bell $100 order offended me and I am not sure why.

He isnt going to be able to eat all that before stuff goes bad. He is wasting food!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dan should Quick Look Final Fantasy VII PC on PS4 for the site.

Do the Black Mesa fake out where they pretend its new game and rile up some fans while the FF7 interest is super hot.

I am normally OK with Dan and his bullshit but something about that Taco Bell $100 order offended me and I am not sure why.

He isnt going to be able to eat all that before stuff goes bad. He is wasting food!

You wanna make a bet?

Xater

So I got credits in Her Story, and kept playing quite a bit after that.

I'm not sure I... get it? It seems simple enough, but I feel like I'm missing something, like there was supposed to be some revelation I either didn't get or figured out too early.

Are you satisfied?

I'm in camp personality disorder btw.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hehe. I spent like an hour reading the discussion of EXTREMELY ANGRY people who are VERY upset about the way GB talked about DOA and it made my day.
Hehehe
getting a gaf ad for that elder scrolls online million bucks debacle now

so embarassing
2014: Pay us to play our game
2015: Play our game for free
2015: Alright, how about WE pay YOU to play our game? Anybody? Please

Xater

Hehe. I spent like an hour reading the discussion of EXTREMELY ANGRY people who are VERY upset about the way GB talked about DOA and it made my day. Hehehe.

That was very tame compared to my feelings about it, but they. Hit the major points. Demand more from your games, you can find titilation everywhere.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Where is this?
On the Gamergate (suprised?) Subreddit "KotakuInAction". Don't know where exactly cause reddit is a nightmare and I just got a link from a friend who lurks there for his amusement (they also are very angry about Psychonauts 2 he tells me

Ugh why would you even subject yourself to that garbage.

I guess that could apply to gamergate and the Taco Bell fiasco.
Told him the same, but he seems to enjoy seeing people getting angry for dumb reasons. And I can kinda understand that

Joeku

Oh, I... but she... and the parents?
w7TL3nA.gif

I wasn't ready for this.

I nailed the knock code though, and spent far too long contemplating the mistake she makes in it.

Austin interview with Sam Barlow: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/true-crimes-and-family-histories-the-story-behind-/1600-1266/

Listen to the way he talks about it, talks about writing from a position of not giving things away. I'm of the opinion that the two main camps of answers are both misdirections (to the detectives and the player) and that she concocted a story good enough to get away with murder...again. Follow the mushrooms.

Although I haven't followed anything about the game for several months so there may have been a deep dive someone did that answered everything, I dunno.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
On the Gamergate (suprised?) Subreddit "KotakuInAction". Don't know where exactly cause reddit is a nightmare and I just got a link from a friend who lurks there for his amusement (they also are very angry about Psychonauts 2 he tells me

I love this one
I think it can all be explained by his twitter bio.
"I have been writing about video games for my entire adult life. It would be insane to stop now."
He'll never give up the game journos circle jerk, it's all he knows how to do.

Jintor

on the vague topic of gamergate, I think it's fucking hilarious that they complain that the SJW agenda has somehow managed to make a market where it's not attractive to publish the new DOA or whatever and that obviously constitutes censorship, but if I (or anyone) engage in that twitter conversation in any way, I'm gonna get dogpiled by like twenty randos either spouting random abuse or sealioning (pretending to be arguing in a civil fashion when they're acting disingenously) and yo that's just debate

it'd be even worse if i was a girl/was presenting as a girl

strafer

Anyway, the Motorbike QL is still the greatest moment in Giant Bomb history.

Everytime I watch that I laugh until my sides hurt.

Jintor

it's all just labelled as weird al yankovic songs though

i can't feel that great about shitting on an eight month old thread though really.

danm999

That's the problem innit.

All the content is being churned out by all the sites goobergrape boycotted and their little blog sites where every second update is 'THIS SITE IS NOT DEAD' just ain't scratching the itch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom