• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid approach but I can see them ignoring long lists. I get the impression that Vinny just quickly scans through looking for which game is mentioned most often.

Yeah, I thought about doing that but man, I can't choose what I want them to play the most and who knows if someone on the GB forums would vote if I chose just one title. Maybe mentioning a list will get other people to chose from it? Who knows. Anyways, here's my list.

• Point Blank(PS1)
  • Samurai Western(PS2)
  • Rival Schools(PS1)
  • Vib Ribbon(PS1)
  • Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn(PS1)
  • Psi-Ops(PS2/Xbox)
  • Gitaroo Man(PS2)
  • Shadow of Rome(PS2)
  • Blood Will Tell(PS2)
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever(Wii)
  • Fire Pro Wrestling Returns(PS2)
  • Chaos Break(PS1)
  • Martian Gothic: Unification(PS1/PC)
  • Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast(PS2)
  • Metal Slug Anthology(PS2/Wii)
  • Heavenly Guardian(PS2)
  • Darkwatch(PS2/Xbox)
  • Countdown Vampires(PS1)
  • Heatseeker(PS2)
  • Gregory Horror Show(PS2)
  • Disaster Report(PS2)
  • Kula World(PS1)
  • Sky Odyssey(PS2)
  • Dogstation(PS2)
  • Fear Effect (PS1)
  • Breakdown(Xbox)
  • Bishi Bashi Special(PS1)
  • Makai Kingdom(PS2)
  • Space Fishermen(PS2)
  • Stretch Panic(PS2)
  • Urban Chaos: Riot Response(PS2/Xbox)
  • Armed and Dangerous(Xbox/PC)
  • Alter Echo(Xbox/PS2)
  • Yoshinoya(PS2)
  • Crash Bash(PS1)
  • Dino Crisis(PS1)
  • Big Mutha Truckers 1(Xbox/PS2/Gamecube/PC)
  • Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder(Xbox/PS2/PC)
  • Incredible Crisis(PS1)

Edit: I'm mostly in it for the surprise to be honest. I feel like votes take away from the surprise of what they're going to play, that's why I only enjoy suggesting. That's part of what makes UPF to me enjoyable is that you don't know what each person is going to play.

AcridMeat

Banned
So, Austin tweeted about a really good blog by GB user feignamnesia, re: GW2 Heart of Thorns xpac. It does a really good job of deconstructing some huge design problems facing the game and its community. In short, ArenaNet is really taking a dark path with the game.

That blog makes me think I should read more GB blogs. The only issue is... GB blogs are always so long. So I dunno.
Nice! Speaking of GB blogs, a friend shared this one last night explaining how random number generators work in games and how No Man's Sky is related to Pitfall.
Thank you.

Zornack

No way to download it from there though, right? My internet is terrible about streaming stuff, so I usually just download all videos

Not that I'm aware of. :( I too lived the bad internet nightmare for a few years there and damn is it annoying. I remember the first time I watched a GB stream in HD and thought "oh, that's what they look like."

TraBuch

Banned
I dropped an SD card under the passenger seat in my car and I've spent about an hour trying to get it. Can't even see where it is.

Bowlie

Banned
So, Austin tweeted about a really good blog by GB user feignamnesia, re: GW2 Heart of Thorns xpac. It does a really good job of deconstructing some huge design problems facing the game and its community. In short, ArenaNet is really taking a dark path with the game.

That blog makes me think I should read more GB blogs. The only issue is... GB blogs are always so long. So I dunno.

Nice! Speaking of GB blogs, a friend shared this one last night explaining how random number generators work in games and how No Man's Sky is related to Pitfall.

Wow, thank you both! (I wish there were more long-form pieces :/)

I just noticed the Quick Look EX of Just Cause 3 has nearly 500,000 views on YouTube, handily their most popular video since September 2014 when they did a Gang Beasts Unfinished and potentially their most popular video for 3 years.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, I thought about doing that but man, I can't choose what I want them to play the most and who knows if someone on the GB forums would vote if I chose just one title. Maybe mentioning a list will get other people to chose from it? Who knows. Anyways, here's my list.

Edit: I'm mostly in it for the surprise to be honest. I feel like votes take away from the surprise of what they're going to play, that's why I only enjoy suggesting. That's part of what makes UPF to me enjoyable is that you don't know what each person is going to play.

Kula World was the shiiiiit

Edit: Dino Crisis too, oh man they should have played something like that

popo

GBGAF needs to get the vote out next week (or whenever the next cooa is). The thread on GB was only 3 pages long. You can't complain if you don't vote.

I just noticed the Quick Look EX of Just Cause 3 has nearly 500,000 views on YouTube, handily their most popular video since September 2014 when they did a Gang Beasts Unfinished and potentially their most popular video for 3 years.

Yup. Pre-release footage always does well. Youtube is a great audience for that sort of stuff.

GBGAF needs to get the vote out next week (or whenever the next cooa is). The thread on GB was only 3 pages long. You can't complain if you don't vote.

960.jpg

Damn.

Myggen

GBGAF and the GB subreddit made SingStar happen at GOTY last year, so we got the power to do good!

Kula World was the shiiiiit

Edit: Dino Crisis too, oh man they should have played something like that

Well, we should just agree on a game from the list and then let's all vote about it on there till they play everything on the list haha.

Dino Crisis 2 is dope as well and in some ways they changed so much that it doesn't feel like it's made by the same people. However, I'd rather they play the original first instead of bringing the sequel since they both are very different. I prefer the second because the gameplay is more fun however, the first one is more tense.

Dino Crisis 1

Dino Crisis 2

Coming out on the one platform Drew doesn't own lol.

He mentioned on last week's Bombcast that he got a PS4 thanks to those sweet BF deals.

Zaph

Definitely illustrates the growing divide with audiences. Lots of GB members weren't into it (and EX's in general) meanwhile Youtube will eat up a preview and not care at all that it's a controlled developer-driven demo. The industry is gonna get weird.

popo

I hope they QL Yakuza 5 - maybe East? I also hope it finally appeals to me. Other than a brief flirtation with Yakuza 1 way back - they have never looked fun. I know a lot of you chuckleheads swear by them though.

GBGAF and the GB subreddit made SingStar happen at GOTY last year, so we got the power to do good!

Well, we should just agree on a game from the list and then let's all vote about it on there till they play everything on the list haha.

Expecting agreement on which game to vote for might be tough but there should definitely be more votes on that thread. I think visibility is just poor. Vinny tweets about it once and that is about it. it gets posted on here but it is easily overlooked with the sheer pace the thread moves at.

Expecting agreement on which game to vote for might be tough but there should definitely be more votes on that thread. I think visibility is just poor. Vinny tweets about it once and that is about it. it gets posted on here but it is easily overlooked with the sheer pace the thread moves at.

I wouldn't mind if more people add onto the list. Personally, I feel I provided a good sort of diverse, obscure, fun and quirky videogames save for some of them that are bad but I would love to see their reaction on it.

We would all agree on a game here then vote for it over there on GB hopefully what we choose overtakes whatever the other people are voting on the GB forums.

Lunar FC

Alright, time to finally ask who the fuck is that guy? Just some gb super fan or something?

I also find his twitter profile pic hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom