• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

It's DLC though, not a game.

Alex and Jeff agree with you, going by their Mixlr.

Alright, time to finally ask who the fuck is that guy? Just some gb super fan or something?

I also find his twitter profile pic hilarious.

Done a ton of fan art. All the pixel art of GB is him, all the PAX exclusive t-shirts is him. He was also in the second Destiny raid they did. He also made the GB Mega Man game they showed on a fairly recent stream IIRC. Him and Aurahack are behind a huge amount of the high quality GB fan art.

justjim89

In this crowded of a year with so many great games out, surely they didn't reserve a spot for the DLC that finally turned Destiny into something worth paying for. Come on now. That's absurd.

Lunar FC

Alex and Jeff agree with you, going by their Mixlr.

Done a ton of fan art. All the pixel art of GB is him, all the PAX exclusive t-shirts is him. He was also in the second Destiny raid they did. He also made the GB Mega Man game they showed on a fairly recent stream IIRC.

Artist extraordinaire, game developer and all around giffing master.

Ah, is he the dude that does drawings during drew & alexis extra life streams?

justjim89

#HireO'Dwyer

tumblr_nz4aoaXPLk1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

JamboGT

Jeff had Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition in his top 10 last year but it wasn't in the overall top 10, imagine we will see something like that with Brad.

justjim89

Wolfenstein snub burned me, Divinity snub was absurd, but the worst was Hotline Miami getting bumped for Mass Effect 3. That was a Shoemaker/Vinny joint, though.

Strax

I don't understand why Brad even wanted it on the top 10. Everybody but him hated it. If everybody can get their fav. game on the list no matter what the others say why not just let everbody pick one game and work the list from there.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There are definitely 5 better games than Taken King out this year. pretty sure Brad is trolling... I fucking hope he is anyway.

yami4ct

This thread's meltdown if Brad gets Taken King onto the GoTY list would be one of my Top 10 moments of the year

The GB crew are free to interpret the rules as they see fit, as it's their GOTY. Still, I will not be happy if Taken King doesn't get DQed from the main list. It's just an expansion pack and the physical release is just a GOTY edition. If you want to give it something, bring back the best DLC/Add-on category.

Destiny baaarely making the list last year, in a terrible year for games, and then making it again this year would require some Brad-tier level of political maneuvering.

Shit.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Divinity though.

I have given up on GB giving recognition to any RPG games in these sorts of things. Not enough of the staff play those games, as much as those games are amazing. Every year there are tons of great games that the team overlooks for whatever reason, and RPGs are the most prone to it for time reasons.

Games that are hitting my best of year list that I expect to get snubbed are:
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - absolutely amazing game. All the Shadowrun games have been great and this one has a lot more to like there. I think maybe Dragonfall was a bit better, but man this one hits all the buttons that I like in the CRPG genre + cyberpunk.
Divinity Original Sin: EE - if anyone had issues with Divinity OS this pretty much fixed all of them. The writing is better in the back half, the combat is better balanced, and the skills and items are a tad easier to understand. I can see not counting it as a new release, but it did come to new platforms.
Pillars of Eternity - Lots has been said about this game, but again it pushes all the CRPG buttons I want. I loved the combat system, but agree that there are some faults with it. I haven't gone back and played it again after the expansion, but I hear it is great as well.
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Released too close to the end of the year and has some MAJOR problems with party management and music, but the battle system is fun and the exploration is great. If you liked Skyrim exploring, this has better combat and more impressive vistas to see. The JRPG trappings I happen to enjoy, but some might not. PLUS MECHS.

yami4ct

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Released too close to the end of the year and has some MAJOR problems with party management and music, but the battle system is fun and the exploration is great. If you liked Skyrim exploring, this has better combat and more impressive vistas to see. The JRPG trappings I happen to enjoy, but some might not. PLUS MECHS.

The music in XCX isn't as good as the original Xenoblade's, but it also fits X's tone really well. That game is over the top and silly in a lot of ways, so having Sawano go full ham I think works. If you put a XC style soundtrack on X, it wouldn't really work. You can argue there's some massive problems with the audio balance, my god it's TERRIBLE, but I actually dig the soundtrack for what it is.

FStop7

Banned
The only thing that would make me happier than seeing Destiny on this year's list would be seeing Fallout 4 win GAF GOTY. The meltdowns would be spectacular.

Well that game was weird. The faces were funny at least.

It's like they made a game with it's own art style and faces that matched the characters then at the last minute some busted through the door and just yelled "IT NEEDS MORE ANIME" and so they just quickly morphed all the characters faces into terrifying anime looking crap and shipped the game.

Patryn

Fob is also an occasional Gaffer, and has posted in these threads.

As for Brad, I knew he'd find a way to get Taken King on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom