• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGO comes to PC next month. I can't contain my excitement.
image.php

(sorry)

They're really into the Mario World theme, huh?

You know what plays better than Mario World? New Super Mario Bros.

If by "plays better" you mean "has more abilities for Mario," sure. Otherwise, Super Mario World plays better, looks better, sounds better, and has more interesting level design.

I've played MGSV and I haven't played SMM, but out of the two I think I'd have to choose SMM just from what i've seen.

I've been salty enough about MGSV in these threads so I'll just leave it.

I don't get the sense that gbeast is as about SMM as some of the west coast guys are.

So the hope is that they held the line and gave the award to a real game, the one with the fake Bowie

Also, I don't think I've ever been into a brad filibuster but I have a feeling this is the year

Wait when the hell did they add helmets to SMM? The fuck is this shit

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I don't get the sense that gbeast is as about SMM as some of the west coast guys are.

So the hope is that they held the line and gave the award to a real game, the one with the fake Bowie

Also, I don't think I've ever been into a brad filibuster but I have a feeling this is the year

their relative ambivalence to SMM is the biggest piece of evidence for why West is best

having said that, the witcher 3 for goty or im dropping my sub

Zaph

Hakkesshu

So whatever happened with that Dan vs. Patrick stream where Jeff was gonna make a level? Has Patrick talked about it at all since he beat the first klepokalypse?

Zaph

So whatever happened with that Dan vs. Patrick stream where Jeff was gonna make a level? Has Patrick talked about it at all since he beat the first klepokalypse?

the timing didn't work out with Patrick being in SF and the wedding he had to attend

Also, Dan keeps admitting that he has done very little actual playing of SMM

I mean you can't give it to a game you technically haven't played much right? Right!?!?

It's almost like Nintendo did nothing to incentivise you to play other people's levels.

justjim89

their relative ambivalence to SMM is the biggest piece of evidence for why West is best

having said that, the witcher 3 for goty or im dropping my sub

Witcher 3 is the Game of the Year. But it won't be Giant Bomb's GOTY. GB is almost beneath The Witcher 3. It's too beautiful of a creation.

I don't think the Gone Home argument is a particularly sound one

this level is disgusting and Jeff is a nightmare person.

but this is funny.

e: for real if I knew where I could get some Stree Overlord I'd get some for my holiday party at work

Mario Maker still works for me. I could watch GB play this and shoot the shit all day.

the shooting of the shit is the part that makes it to be honest

i used to be super anti mario maker on streams, but i think the game has gotten a little more refined as time went on and it's a little more entertaining to watch now. Patrick vs. Dan was kind of the turning point for me.

jaina

Jeff's glee makes re-watching the early parts still enjoyable.
I can personally accept either MGSV or SMM as their GOTY. My own top spot isn't decided yet and SMM won't be in my top 10. Haven't even played it myself.

But gone home is a real game.

It isn't a toolset for making other games.

Mario Maker is great, but as someone very wise once said, this ain't no game

That would imply that you can't play the shit you and other people make. You can play the game without ever touching any of the tools. Patrick, for exmaple, hasn't made a single level.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
That would imply that you can't play the shit you and other people make. You can play the game without ever touching any of the tools. Patrick, for exmaple, hasn't made a single level.

What? He hasn't?!

Also it seems really weird that people think that the puzzle solving and creativity required for level making in MM aren't gamey.

Did people ever try to say LittleBigPlanet wasn't a game?

Well it is kind of a moot point. LBP should never have been eligible for any GOTY award it is shiiit

I mean I don't care either way, I'm just messin. Mgsv has a very flawed backend and SMM isn't something that resonated with me a ton though I grew up with these games. I just want there to be blood on the streets for these gotys and like poking holes in the SMM-is-Goty theories

Regardless, Rocket League is the true hero of 2015

Oh and spelunky has a campaign :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom