• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

wUu3mNz.png
What I find interesting and actually a little surprising that with all the time spent in the game, Klepek never felt the urge to create a level himself, not even a little bit. I'm usually just like him, not interested in creating things for other people, just consuming and playing - but here's the rare game that just makes it so easy and so inviting - and I'm so intimately familiar with all the tools at my disposal anyway that I just can't help myself.

It would also help him to understand some of the limitations of the creation tools so he could recognise/eliminate certain possibilities quicker when stumbling across situations in levels. I've definitely become a better Mario player through making Mario Maker levels.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I still expect MGS5 to win but I just generally expect everybody to be wrong so it's easier to accept when they inevitably are.

I both like and dislike this ghost house song. It's actually a great tune but anything that wasn't originally part of the game irks me

It's like how the SMW Bowser looks, it just doesn't sit right with me.

Fun fact: That shitty jump at the start of Jeff's level was actually one of the obstacles in the final main castle in the Japanese Super Mario Bros 2.

SMB2j_World8-4_C.png

You know, the shitty one for assholes.

Lijik

If by "plays better" you mean "has more abilities for Mario," sure. Otherwise, Super Mario World plays better, looks better, sounds better, and has more interesting level design.

look i love mario world a ton and the way secrets are hidden are clever, but a lot of its actual level design is fairly simplistic compared to other Marios. theres a number of levels that are just the same obstacle repeated the whole stage with nothing building on it or mixing things up, not even the original game does that.

look i love mario world a ton and the way secrets are hidden are clever, but a lot of its actual level design is fairly simplistic compared to other Marios. theres a number of levels that are just the same obstacle repeated the whole stage with nothing building on it or mixing things up, not even the original game does that.

I'd rather have unpredictable level design with the occasional dud than a consistent roster of safe, predictable levels.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
First time I ever saw Skinny Mario, I was playing a level my friend made. I stopped playing it immediately and refused to believe him when he told me that it wasn't something he did intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom