• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

Don't think they've made it public.

edit//

CBS Interactive
28 East 28th St.
New York, NY 10016

I think thats the address.

But remember you technically have to send it to their office manager who I think is named Ella, so make sure you send it to Vinny care of Ella.

sorry

He almost looks like Dr. Tracksuit... you don't think... he couldn't be.... nah there's no way.

X2kg0TS.gif

danm999

So watching the Life is Strange playdate today;

Ending spoilers

Wonder if they're going to choose to sacrifice Chloe or Arcadia. I would have said Chloe until today but they seemed to warm up to her character quite a bit more. I can imagine that discussion getting interesting.

So watching the Life is Strange playdate today;

Ending spoilers

Wonder if they're going to choose to sacrifice Chloe or Arcadia. I would have said Chloe until today but they seemed to warm up to her character quite a bit more. I can imagine that discussion getting interesting.

Major spoilers

They tend to go for what the scenario seems to push as the correct answer, so I imagine that they'll kill Chloe.

I like in the newest Demo Derby Drew hums the old Tested makerbot video theme song when they are talking about discs being made and no one acknowledges why he's humming a song.

Nerokis

That sounds like Armored Core to me. Using boost as a limited flight is a stable of the series. There's 3 Armored Core games on the ps1 though (Project Phantasma and Master of Arena besides the original) which all had versus modes, so it could really be any of those. Unless you're from Europe of course which only got the original AC1 on ps1.

Just got around to checking this thread again. Thanks, man. Unless I'm underestimating the amount of mech games on the PS1 that could be viable candidates, it sounds like my friend and I were probably playing a From Software game back in the day. As someone who only recently became a fan, I like the idea that I was actually introduced to them well over a decade ago.

yami4ct

Got my mech in Xenoblade X. Was about 24 hours in, but I could've gotten it sooner since I ended up dicking around a lot today. Mechs are real cool. They tread a weird line between being their own character in battle or just being equipment. I like the way you determine the skills you have via the gear you put on, though I definitely need to make a setup that actually supports each other. My skills are way too disparate as is. Also, the way you can customize (nearly) every color of the design is awesome and 100% the way it needed to be.

On another note, the mission you had to do to get the mech where you had to get 15k or so from resource points in one go sucked. Sure it forced me to learn how to use those systems better, but it felt like the game gave me just barely enough to get by. Was difficult to come up with a correct setup to get me there.

I haven't played Mario Maker much since I bought it at launch. Still feel like unless you're creating levels there's not much to draw you to it. Most of the levels are terrible and the fun gimmick levels are entertaining for only so long.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Mario Maker much since I bought it at launch. Still feel like unless you're creating levels there's not much to draw you to it. Most of the levels are terrible and the fun gimmick levels are entertaining for only so long.

But isn't the whole point of Super Mario Maker to, well, make levels? I couldn't imagine getting that game to not create stuff. It'd be like being upset about how the Mario Paint fly squishing game would be boring after a week, and even then I'm sure just playing SMM offers much more fun.

Brashnir

You're crazy. My Mario Maker hunger cannot be satiated. I am watching all of Pat's videos too. I don't know what it is about the game, but it has me hooked.

It's a lot more interesting to watch both ends of a creation/playthrough experience than it is to actually play the game, that's for sure. The "quality" to "complete shit" ratio is so bad it makes the game basically useless as a casual player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom