• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Splatoon is a shoo-in for that category. Everybody knows it.

There are many strong contenders for that this year.

Life is Strange, Splatoon, Bloodborne, Undertale, Rocket League, (the following being the lesser candidates) Dying Light, Until Dawn, Ori, Her Story, Pillars of Eternity, Soma. I could go on.

Great fucking year

I hate to contradict you guys about best debut, but if I did this would it mean anything to you?

It rhymes so I'm right.

Contradiction vs. Life is Strange. There can be no other showdown.

...Unless one were to win GotY. That would simplify things.

Edit: If Rocket League is included then they might as well rename the category to "popular games we want to nominate but don't have a spot for elsewhere"

If their awards were legit they would have a category for Best Witcher 3 Sidequest and it would be one of the most hotly debated categories of the year.

If their awards were legit they would have a category for Best Witcher 3 Sidequest and it would be one of the most hotly debated categories of the year.

Instead there will be a award for Who Played the most of The Witcher 3, and it would go to Dan Ryckert with "kinda almost finished it, but stopped right near the end for reason".

yami4ct

Boy I have no games to play right now.

Should I go back and finish Divinity: Dragon Commander?

Let me tell you about a little game called The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. More people need to play those. We need to keep those games coming westward. It's a series too good to die.

Patrick totally would've given last year's BGWNF award to Divinity: Original Sin.
Instead there will be a award for Who Played the most of The Witcher 3, and it would go to Dan Ryckert with "kinda almost finished it, but stopped right near the end for reason".

Kinda almost finished half of the game*
...Just like Life is Strange.

Dammit, Giant Bomb.

I wonder how much different the GOTY deliberations would be if they all played and finished all the nominated games for each category. I know that's damn near impossible but it would be cool to hear.

yami4ct

As a massive Witcher fan, I'm gonna have to say it. I think there are at least 5 if not more games better than The Witcher 3 this year. That's more of a statement on the insanely good year we've had than the quality of TW3. That's still an amazing game.

I don;t know why people care so much, it's a small staff that doesn't nearly have enough time in the day to play everything.

Besides "fuck brad" there's very little worth caring about beyond just being entertained by the amount of content.

yami4ct

I don;t know why people care so much, it's a small staff that doesn't nearly have enough time in the day to play everything.

Besides "fuck brad" there's very little worth caring about beyond just being entertained by the amount of content.

Arguing is fun and people have fun backing their favorite game. At least here, I don't think people take it more seriously than that.

Outside of here, there are crazy people who get way too into GOTY. If you're actually getting angry, you need to take a step back.

In case you were wondering, the Best Witcher 3 Sidequest award goes to the serial killer sidequest, with runners-up being the masquerade quest and Hjalmar's quest.

danm999

I did love that by the end of Tales from the Borderlands

Loader Bot was an actual character in every sense. He slowly gained sentience, developed a real personality, had motives, desires, cared for others like Gortys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom