• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent played undertale or ocarina but the only truely offensive thing about that poll is mass effect 2 being voted to advance past starcraft 1, the true greatest game of all time

Doop

If GameFaqs has anything going for it, it's the ASCII art of the logo of the game the good FAQs would put at the top of the page.

Dineren

Banned
I should give Undertale another shot. I played a few hours and didn't really like it at all, but it gets so much praise I feel like I'm missing something.

demidar

play UnderTale. so good.

If there's one thing I dislike about UnderTale is that some fans oversell how good the game is (not directed at you but it incidentally reminded me of this).

Going GOTY GOTY GOTY PLAY IT OMG really does the game a disservice.

LiK

If there's one thing I dislike about UnderTale is that some fans oversell how good the game is (not directed at you but it incidentally reminded me of this).

yea, I'm sick of the fans myself. I loved the game but I'm not gonna go crazy like some of them.

I should give Undertale another shot. I played a few hours and didn't really like it at all, but it gets so much praise I feel like I'm missing something.

If you played it for a few hours and didn't like it then I'd say it's not worth it, there are definitely people who really turn around on it in the last few hours but it's kind of a hard sell to say that you might have to play like 6 hours of it to see if you'll like it.

the LCD under the glass of my iphone is broken so anytime i try to use it the thing acts like a centipede is crawling all over the screen.

This makes bathroom breaks less appealing when i cant use my phone so im keeping my poop longer than I should

That's just the point of the hype cycle that it's reached. Members of the "fandom" insisting that it simply MUST be played, but the only people who haven't checked it out yet are the people that probably aren't going to enjoy it.

never feel strongly about things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You said 'fandom' which is kind of the point I meant with Undertale.

Is it has that kind of fandom. The 'I made a roleplay ask blog on tumblr/every minor npc in this game is an important little gumdrop/this game changed my life' is the kind of fandom Undertale has.

LiK

Is it has that kind of fandom. The 'I made a roleplay ask blog on tumblr/every minor npc in this game is an important little gumdrop/this game changed my life' is the kind of fandom Undertale has.

kinda reminds me of GB fans sometimes :p

tuxfool

Banned
Ah, Alex is the best.

yXTFVVr.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Maybe it speaks more about the fandom's I follow but I feel like that's every fandom.

Edit: it's more prevalent in fandoms with high lgbt and female representation too.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Divinity Original Sin worth playing if I just wanna go around exploring the world and story and characters?
Not really, the different maps are mostly locked behind the main quest. And many areas you could wander into earlier than the story intends for you, but the level difference will kick your ass. The game is not that hard, though, it's just not that much of an open world.

Is Divinity Original Sin worth playing if I just wanna go around exploring the world and story and characters?

The combat is the main draw for Original Sin, it's world and writing are ok but nothing special.

It's mine too, shortly followed by Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, and Witcher 3 behind that.

There has been a whole lot of really positive talk about TitS in this thread recently, really looking forward to finally jumping into that series soon.

TraBuch

Banned
Not really, the different maps are mostly locked behind the main quest. And many areas you could wander into earlier than the story allows, but the level difference will kick your ass. But the game is not that hard, it's just not that much of an open world.

The combat is the main draw for Original Sin, it's world and writing are ok but nothing special.

What about Wasteland 2?

Zocano

I posted this in the poll thread but I've fucked myself on ever enjoying Undertale.

The obsessive fandom has made me color my opinion of the game by creating rampant meme humor (like Portal but with Portal I at least played it before everything turned to shit). And because I'm already bracing myself to think the game will just be "meh" to me, I've already ruined any chance of *potentially* genuinely enjoying it. Basically I'll never play the game and it doesn't bother me that much.

Fuck Destiny.

1000 hours and counting.

LiK

I posted this in the poll thread but I've fucked myself on ever enjoying Undertale.

The obsessive fandom has made me color my opinion of the game by creating rampant meme humor (like Portal but with Portal I at least played it before everything turned to shit). And because I'm already bracing myself to think the game will just be "meh" to me, I've already ruined any chance of *potentially* genuinely enjoying it. Basically I'll never play the game and it doesn't bother me that much.

1000 hours and counting.

play it to enjoy it. don't let fans color your opinions. you're still enjoying Destiny even tho many people trash it.

Zocano

play it to enjoy it. don't let fans color your opinions.

My point is that this is literally impossible for me now.

edit: A similar thing happened to me just this past weekend with Evangelion, actually. Still just ended up with my feeling very flat on the show.

Give me 3 hours and $30 and I'll see you in the raid.

There'd be a lot of farming between those 3 hours and the raid.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

1000 hours and counting.

Look man.

Clearly destiny has broken your capability to love anymore.

Thank you for this informative update on your bowel movements

i haven't moved them yet, Scott. That's another update that i'll make if/when it happens.

as far as undertale and pushing goes, it's definitely in the the-more-people-push-it-the-less-i-want-to-play-it category. I'm always suspicious of something getting that big of a push since im very cynical when the general public's tastes are concerned

I dislike Undertale because of it's fanbase.

And because fuck those cutesie indie '2 deep 4 u' games have been sooo overdone these days.

I swear to god if it gets anywhere the top 3 in the GB list I'm going to strangle someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom