• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that if the GOTY vote were held before Konami started dicking around with MGSV then it could've taken it. But man, watching Drew play MGSV and seeing all the shit the game has had thrown on top of it since launch to push people into the microtransactions, i understand if that takes the shine off of that game for some

Xater

I really badly want a GI Joe/ He-Man crossover

Won't happen. I don't even know what that other garbage that isn't M.A.S.K. is.

The studio — which is already in the process of expanding its Transformers universe after four movies based on that popular Hasbro toy line — is announcing a new deal with Hasbro on Tuesday that will see Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, build an interconnected, cross-property onscreen universe, featuring characters from five of Hasbro’s other brands: G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

Is it like a contest between execs to get a cinematic universe going in ever studio? Do they laugh about each other for not having one?

It works for comics because they have been doing this since forever. All the other stuff just sounds awful.

Well, nice knowing you.

I like to live on the edge, unlike you tater tots

maxresdefault.jpg

yami4ct

Finally finishing Project BEAST. How the hell does Vinny keep burning up his parachute before getting out of atmosphere? He needs to solve that before he even thinks of trying to land on the Mun.

Is it like a contest between execs to get a cinematic universe going in ever studio? Do they laugh about each other for not having one?

It works for comics because they have been doing this since forever. All the other stuff just sounds awful.

As was mentioned in the thread on this news, this seems like a move of desperation by Paramount as they are potentially courting new buyers. I expect this to completely fall apart. Most that'll happen is a GI Joe/Transformers crossover.

As a massive TF nerd, it's not like those movies could get any worse anyway.

killroy87

I feel that if the GOTY vote were held before Konami started dicking around with MGSV then it could've taken it. But man, watching Drew play MGSV and seeing all the shit the game has had thrown on top of it since launch to push people into the microtransactions, i understand if that takes the shine off of that game for some

I haven't played much since Sept. If I were to go back now, what kind of bullshit will I see?

Ghost in the shell has cool stuff. Even Jeff knows it.
when your current avatar is Oreimo, it'd take effort to find something more awkward [/SPOILER]
Bill Cosby?
Jeff Bakalar posted a The most disappointing video games of 2015 article on CNET if anyone is interested.
As a long time Halo fan I agree that Halo 5 was disappointing campaign wise. Just felt flat all through out. MP is good but it kinda lacked map quality all around. (Will jump back in for new update this week.)

Getting Kojima locked down would definitely give Sony the shot in the arm it needs games-wise. I've been thinking about selling my PS4 to put toward a gaming PC because there just hasn't been anything that I want to play that I couldn't elsewhere.

Zaph

Getting Kojima locked down would definitely give Sony the shot in the arm it needs games-wise. I've been thinking about selling my PS4 to put toward a gaming PC because there just hasn't been anything that I want to play that I couldn't elsewhere.

I will play his games on whatever platform, but if Sony sign him as exclusive I'll be a little bummed that PC got a taste of day-1 Kojima only for him to disappear forever. MGSV was a joy to play on PC.

Dineren

Banned
I will play his games on whatever platform, but if Sony sign him as exclusive I'll be a little bummed that PC got a taste of day-1 Kojima only for him to disappear forever. MGSV was a joy to play on PC.

I'll be pretty disappointed if that ends up being the case, but at least it will mean Kojima ended up somewhere he can get the funding he needs.

So... Project BEAST episode 2...

I think if I started building a rocket out of scrap metal in my backyard I could make it to the Moon and back before Vinny does.

This wasn't even a "one step forward, two steps back situation." It was one step back, and then another two steps back. Like, he forgot which direction to tilt so he's wasting a ton of fuel to get into orbit, then has to waste more to realign himself with the Mun. The liquid fuel nonsense, all the lights and landing gears.

The only thing I'm confused about is why he's not running out of electricity. Having stability controls and lights running when he's in transfer should drain his batteries but it seems like they're being charged even without the engines running.

Myggen

Bombcast always misses the big news.

Going by the translation now it's Kojima starting his own studio, and he's in final talks with Sony over giving them the "timed console exclusive" over whatever he makes first, which is a bit... meh. The news is that he's probably going independent, but we don't know what he's making and how he's funding it yet. Not much to discuss there yet really.

Kojima Hideo, a famous video game creator known for the Metal Gear series has left Konami Digital Entertainment as of December 15th. He will form a new company where he will continue developing video games, with plans to release on platforms such as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)'s PlayStation.

He is forming the new company with people who worked under him at Konami. The rights to the Metal Gear series, for which he is most known, remain at Konami, so he will begin working on an all new title. Final negotiations with SCE are underway for this new game to debut on PlayStation.

Kojima is a world famous video game developer on the same level as Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario. He is highly praised for his elaborate stories and use of movie techniques to create impressive visual imagery. Metal Gear Solid V was released this September and became a massive hit, selling over 5 million copies around the world.

So... Project BEAST episode 2...

I think if I started building a rocket out of scrap metal in my backyard I could make it to the Moon and back before Vinny does.

This wasn't even a "one step forward, two steps back situation." It was one step back, and then another two steps back. Like, he forgot which direction to tilt so he's wasting a ton of fuel to get into orbit, then has to waste more to realign himself with the Mun. The liquid fuel nonsense, all the lights and landing gears.

The only thing I'm confused about is why he's not running out of electricity. Having stability controls and lights running when he's in transfer should drain his batteries but it seems like they're being charged even without the engines running.

I'm not sure if they'll ever get there without some drastic changes to how he flies. Just for getting to orbit, he needs to tilt more drastically and continue accelerating so he doesn't waste his momentum. If they keep running into the brick wall, I'm sure they'll look into something.

Ebay Buyers Snapping Up Critical Bomb Devil’s Third For $150 Despite Digital Availability

I'm thinking I want Dan driving the QL?

I'm not sure if they'll ever get there without some drastic changes to how he flies. Just for getting to orbit, he needs to tilt more drastically and continue accelerating so he doesn't waste his momentum. If they keep running into the brick wall, I'm sure they'll look into something.

he'd probably solve like 2/3 of his problems if he stopped putting massive engines on the transfer/lander stage. he's proven he can brute force his way to Mun. he'll never land with that much size/weight/thrust unless he changes stuff though.

Shouldn't he also be waiting for the right launch window so he doesn't have to burn so much fuel getting to Mun? Or does that not really matter for a trip of this length?

Strax

Well if Kojima was a prolific game designer, sure.

yami4ct

Shouldn't he also be waiting for the right launch window so he doesn't have to burn so much fuel getting to Mun? Or does that not really matter for a trip of this length?

You certainly can be super efficient and wait for a good launch window, but you should also be able to wing it with a decent design and pull it off since the trip is so short

The problem is Vinny's design is flopping before he's even started. He's burning off his parachute before he leaves atmosphere for instance. He's got way too much going on for the trip he wants to make. Dude might need to look at some example rockets before he even has a chance to make it to Mun and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom