• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

whsW0cp.gif

Demoskinos

Whelp might as well finally subscribe to the thread seeing as I'm proper banned on the actual site. :D

Anyways, Mary on this weeks bombcast is a nice surprise. She should be on more.

daydream

Banned
geno fans must be on suicide watch

smash costumes suck big time, they look awful

Whelp might as well finally subscribe to the thread seeing as I'm proper banned on the actual site. :D

Anyways, Mary on this weeks bombcast is a nice surprise. She should be on more.

hi

so

what did you get banned for

Demoskinos

geno fans must be on suicide watch

smash costumes suck big time, they look awful

hi

so

what did you get banned for

I posted a DOAX 3 gif on the forums and apparently the mods didn't like that. Not even exaggerating. Been posting on GAF more recently anyways so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zaph

Needs to be used more.

Would have been perfect in AC:Syndicate - as you take over London from the existing gang, each area has a gang leader with a short introduction, but that's where the similarities end. Probably far too late into development to take any inspiration from Mordor anyway.

Heimbeck

Banned
Would have been perfect in AC:Syndicate - as you take over London from the existing gang, each area has a gang leader with a short introduction, but that's where the similarities end. Probably far too late into development to take any inspiration from Mordor anyway.

A game that has every enemy hurling British insults at you sounds like the best game ever.

I made a mistake. I bought and cooked Steakums for dinner. It was the greasiest most revolting thing i've ever tasted. Now I feel gross. Help me.

I don't watch any gamespot videos really but that Mary lady is pretty funny.

I would agree with that...I sometimes watch Danny's The Point videos, but Gamespot content overall just makes me glad there is a site like Giantbomb. GS content, even if they're not doing it on purpose, just feels kinda lifeless, and stock. I don't know how to describe it. For example, seeing gamespot have videos that play in Target stores advertising games, just screams why I don't visit there. They're there for the publishers of games more it feels like as a means of advertising, and less for the consumers.

Please don't take this as me having anything against the people there...I like Danny and Mary a lot. Just not what the site is about.

blakep267

I would agree with that...I sometimes watch Danny's The Point videos, but Gamespot content overall just makes me glad there is a site like Giantbomb. GS content, even if they're not doing it on purpose, just feels kinda lifeless, and stock. I don't know how to describe it. For example, seeing gamespot have videos that play in Target stores advertising games, just screams why I don't visit there. They're there for the publishers of games more it feels like as a means of advertising, and less for the consumers.

Please don't take this as me having anything against the people there...I like Danny and Mary a lot. Just not what the site is about.
I would t take it as you bashing them. I think Danny is hilarious but I find most of the content on stuff like ign gamespot boring. That's why I like giantbimb a lot. It's just people talking like normal people and riffing etc

Zaph

It's a common opinion. The site doesn't have a core audience anymore so most content is Google-optimised short form digest stuff. They even mix advertorial in the main video feed now.

Danny has been pretty open about his series The Point just not capturing an audience either and The Lobby live show doing very low numbers. In fairness to Gamespot, they've been pretty generous in giving him time to build it up. I do wonder what changes the January shut down will bring.

daydream

Banned
that schedule sure is nonexistent right now

in other news, i got my first hobonichi techo along with this awesome cover for it

f1XnZpW.png

anyone using a techo here?

Myggen

What shut down? I heard about their move to the first floor, but what else is going down?

Mary mentioned that GS is shutting down all their studio stuff for a month in January to get the studio ready. It was to contrast with the GB guys who have to stream while building their studio.

Megasoum

Banned
Nobody gives a shit about the studio stuff GameSpot makes unfortunately so they can afford to not produce anything for a month while they build the studio.

I bet Patrick gets more views on twitch with Mario Maker than what The Lobby does...

GB on the other hand is centered around video content so they can't stop for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom