• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Mary mentioned that GS is shutting down all their studio stuff for a month in January to get the studio ready. It was to contrast with the GB guys who have to stream while building their studio.
Makes sense, GB is dependent on video and has only Beast backup, whereas Gamespot will still have videos from UK and Australia. And I assume the "high traffic" videos like video reviews and graphic comparisons don't need the studio.

GB also kind of have the luxury of having idiots like us as fans who will watch them do literally anything on camera and pay them for the luxury

if they didn't have a studio for a month, they could do a series about Dan doing a jigsaw puzzle and we'd probably be fine with that

Brakke

Banned
1) <3 Austin "Did You Know: Hideo Kojima, famous for his Zone of the Enders series, also directed a "Tactical Espionage Action" game called Metal Gear Solid?"

2) Is logging in to Giant Bomb broken? I keep getting 500 errors when I try...

Bacon

GB also kind of have the luxury of having idiots like us as fans who will watch them do literally anything on camera and pay them for the luxury

if they didn't have a studio for a month, they could do a series about Dan doing a jigsaw puzzle and we'd probably be fine with that

They could post only periscope videos for a month and people would happily watch them.

Tubobutts

Do any of you have subscribed to subscription boxes? We don't have them here yet (at least not in this level, 1946 search results), but I'm curious about how high is the "cool stuff to trash" ratio

I tried loot crate with giant bombs offer code and let me tell you somethings it's garbage. I bought a 3 month subscription and out three boxes I got maybe two things that I would want.

One of the boxes was fantasy themed and I like fantasy. I like cool swords so I was hoping that there was something that was at least like a cool sword. There wasn't anything even sword themed. You know what they gave me? A goddamn motherfucking bow tie. Why the fuck would I need a bow tie? Fuck you loot crate. God damn bow ties. Like just give me a sword shaped pin or letter opener or something. Not a bow tie.

RE: bombcast
I put in Pop Tarts with the foil and cool futuristic looking stuff happened in my microwave. I was standing next to my friend who said what the fuck are you doing?
(This was a long time ago.)

Whelp might as well finally subscribe to the thread seeing as I'm proper banned on the actual site. :D

Anyways, Mary on this weeks bombcast is a nice surprise. She should be on more.

Yeah. I got banned as well.

How about a series where Dan tries to survive in the woods?

527d93cf_883415.gif

Tubobutts

I shouldn't be surprised that Dan thought you could make a fire by just putting two sticks into an X formation, but I still am.

Real normal cool guys use a bow drill.

Demoskinos

I shouldn't be surprised that Dan thought you could make a fire by just putting two sticks into an X formation, but I still am.

Real normal cool guys use a bow drill.

To his credit he was at least somewhat skeptical. But also yeah... this is a man who thought you melted egg shells in a frying pan to make eggs.

daydream

Banned
jeff's level is giving scoops some trouble, i see

though he should be able to finish it in the next episode

still haven't looked into dan's new atrocity so i'm looking forward to the inevitable periscope-filled finale

AcridMeat

Banned

G-Pink

that schedule sure is nonexistent right now

in other news, i got my first hobonichi techo along with this awesome cover for it

f1XnZpW.png

anyone using a techo here?

Hell yeah, got my Onett cover last year. One of the best purchases I've made. The paper is so silky smooth with any pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom