• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4LNzta.png

danm999

Jeff would have broken the Internet if he gave Twilight Princess less than an 8.8 holy shit

When you step back you and look at what those score brackets actually mean, you realise under Gamespot's review system he called Twilight Princess "Great" rather than "Superb".

It's at that point you realise a lot of people out there are fucking nuts.

And looks like the developers are playing the whole time. Not even gonna bother with this one.

Yeah, I am only 15 minutes in, but this feels like the worst case scenario for QLEX. Developers playing, and sticking far too close to a predetermined script. They already sidestepped two questions (requests) from Alex. It is kinda disappointing, and obvious they don't understand the draw of GB content.

All they needed to do was give Vinny the controler for 30 mins, and they would have sold copies to all members of the site.

Quentyn

It's interesting because in the last couple of months they had like 5 different Youtubers playing the game. Now they visit the traditional games press and suddenly there are 3 developers from Avalanche who get their PR-Speak on and they are not allowing others to play the game. Says it all really.

and QLEX continues to be potato-tier content

Yeah, I am only 15 minutes in, but this feels like the worst case scenario for QLEX. Developers playing, and sticking far too close to a predetermined script. They already sidestepped two questions (requests) from Alex. It is kinda disappointing, and obvious they don't understand the draw of GB content.

All they needed to do was give Vinny the controler for 30 mins, and they would have sold copies to all members of the site.

4i0jLYC.gif

QLEXs are the worst.

Zaph

It's interesting because in the last couple of months they had like 5 different Youtubers playing the game. Now they visit the traditional games press and suddenly there are 3 developers from Avalanche who get their PR-Speak on and they are not allowing others to play the game. Says it all really.

Hmm, I wonder which of those two groups offer final approval of their video to the publisher...

It is probably worth noting that most Youtubers would go through different channels to get that content on their site. They could work with the community manager or maybe even marketing to produce that content. Sites the GB would be going though the more traditional channels to host the content.

Regardless, for those wanting entertaining videos on GB this is still disappointing.

Quentyn

It is probably worth noting that most Youtubers would go through different channels to get that content on their site. They could work with the community manager or maybe even marketing to produce that content. Sites the GB would be going though the more traditional channels to host the content.

Regardless, for those wanting entertaining videos on GB this is still disappointing.

Yea, I know that these things are handled by different departments and that Youtubers maybe agree to things that the traditional games press won't. This was more meant as a comment on how important the traditional preview coverage is to publishers these days.

I'm happy to see them demoing the game on PC. Avalanche has a proven track record on the platform but it's always nice to see a sign of confidence in the PC version.

Ohnonono

I am way too excited about the Animal Crossing amiibo QL.

I just started playing New Leaf for the first time (Along with my 7 year old), and seeing as how I am knee deep in some Animal Crossing right now I cannot wait for that charm. Even if that game is reviewing like garbage, I get to enjoy FESTIVAL FESTIVAL.

Patryn

Fallout finally clicked for me, and it was the crafting. Holy shit does that system need a better tutorial, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun as hell.

Just made a dope automatic pipe rifle with a suppressor and long range recon sights (which tags enemies!). Fires .38 because I have like 800 rounds of that.

One day I'll make it to Diamond City...

Have you been to diamond city yet? Took me 36 hours to even walk into there and I need to know that there are people crazier than me.

17 hours and the closest I've come is Cambridge.

Strax

Fallout 4 is too high. Jeff won't let that happen given how fucked the console versions are.

They've said in GOTY talks in the past that they won't mark it down if the console versions are fucked. When talking about Skyrim they said something like "We know its fucked but we are talking about the PC version" and something along those lines when talking about The Walking Dead and XCOM.

Skyrim on PS3 is much worse then Fallout 4 on XBox or PS4 and it won GOTY

They've said in GOTY talks in the past that they won't mark it down if the console versions are fucked. When talking about Skyrim they said something like "We know its fucked but we are talking about the PC version" and something along those lines when talking about The Walking Dead and XCOM.

That isn't quite right, they base it on the version they themselves played. Jeff played in on the PS4 primarily. It will impact GOTY.

bigkrev

I don't think anyone at GB actually played Skyrim (or really any multiplatform game) on PS3, they just heard about how bad it was

Jeff played the console version of Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom