• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many negative things that the rest of the crew can 'attack' MGS V with. You can't even Make Mario in it!

Nice to see so many of you now seeing the Mario Maker light :D

I spent way too much time making this for how unhappy I am with how it turned out.

We need a shitload of copper.

Not enough colors to do proper shading. :(

Also the draw distance isn't far enough for me to be able to see it from the roof of my house like I hoped, or even to get a better sense of the ship.

I needed ~30 of the big generators.

This is really great.

AcridMeat

Banned
This game really is minecraft.
It's funny, I never got into Minecraft, didn't have any interest in it. For whatever reason I was motivated to make these in Fallout. (I had made a Pac-Man+Ghost a few days earlier)
This is really great.
Thanks! I do want to eventually see if I can find better colors for certain spots but definitely not anytime soon. I'm still pretty sad I can't see it from the other base.

yami4ct

Decided to pick up Splatoon again tonight to try and force myself to use Gyro controls. It almost clicked, but it also gave me a killer pain in my right wrist. I still feel I can do better with sticks, but I might get there eventually.

Also, my god guys Splatoon. I remember it being good, but I forgot it's this good. I revise my potential GOTY list. GOTY for me is either MGSV, Life is Strange, Monster Hunter 4U, Trails in the Sky SC or Splatoon. What an eclectic and awesome list. It's been a hell of a year for games.

One might say the same thing about DOTA 2...

One might say DOTA 2 might actually be too much of a game.

Moaradin

Just finished playing Undertale. Had a lot of expectations going in with all the praise it got, but wow this game actually deserves it. Incredible stuff. Wish more of the Giant Bomb crew played it.

hamchan

Finished Fallout 4 after 50 hours. Game is good fun, ending was bad but I guess that's par for Bethesda games. Jeff and Austin are both right about what they say about the game. Loving my time with it but still kinda wish it was a bigger jump on Fallout 3 after 7 years.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How I see it going:

1. MGSV (ugh.)
2. Mario Maker
3. Rocket League
4. Fallout 4
5. Galak-Z
6. Bloodborne
7. The Witcher 3
8. Undertale
9. Splatoon
10. Taken King (they'll break their own rule for it, and you're adorable if you think otherwise)

Fallout 4 is too high. Jeff won't let that happen given how fucked the console versions are.

How I see it going:

1. MGSV (ugh.)
2. Mario Maker
3. Rocket League
4. Fallout 4
5. Galak-Z
6. Bloodborne
7. The Witcher 3
8. Undertale
9. Splatoon
10. Taken King (they'll break their own rule for it, and you're adorable if you think otherwise)

Forgetting Just Cause which will probably make it. I don't think Galak-Z and Fallout 4 end up near that high and I see Bloodborne being mostly forgotten. Even when its brought up with the crew now they seem to say they were just ok with it. Hope Brad and Dan play a good bit of the DLC though and it helps the games chances in GOTY.

daydream

Banned
i thought amiibo festival looked fun in pre-release footage - fortune street lite mixed with ac writing and characters, it sounded like a neat little thing

only thing i didn't care, at all, for was the amiibo implementation and seeing how big a factor that seems to be, i'm already out

anyway, the real bummer is mario tennis ultra smash shaping up to be a skeleton of a game. they really just needed to do mario golf world tour again, except for tennis. that would have been incredible.

Zaph

lol I kind of don't even want to say how far I am after 50 hours

Ugh, tell me about it. I kinda envy Drew's ability to just mainline open-world games. Would really help with my backlog
and I really want to move on to Syndicate

Also, not having the game randomly drop from 60 to 20-ish for no reason whatsoever, and the pipboy UI not randomly disappearing, would help expedite things.

Volotaire

I thought AC Amiibo Festival looked poor in its first reveal. I'm not a fan of boardgame videogames. Once you leave out the minigames, what's left?

EDIT: Although, I recall that they added minigames after they first reveal in subsequent footage.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
50 hours in I think I'm almost done with my Sanctuary settelment

I ditched that dumphole as soon as I got access to the really cool settlement

Jeff's tumblEr said:
The 3/5 fallout post you answered recently was regarding rooster teeth. They spent 10 min or so on "the patch" rudely criticizing you for your scoring. The one part I remember was them commenting that you must drink wine and eat cheese while you review games on their technical merit. #eyeroll
-------------------------------------------------
I’m not super familiar with Rooster Teeth’s output. Aren’t they the same crew that produced a series of videos about Fallout 4 that were brought to you by Fallout 4? Because that’s certainly where I’d go for honest opinions about Fallout 4.

He.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom