• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/667050128738390016

7ebba1cca0dc4098d2460ff6b7a05dd5.png

Mq85Csg.gif

Brinbe

From watching the QLEX, JC3 seemd like more of the same for the most part and I think the novelty of all that open world destruction has worn off for me because a lot of that left me bored to be honest.

Xater

From watching the QLEX, JC3 seemd like more of the same for the most part and I think the novelty of all that open world destruction has worn off for me because a lot of that left me bored to be honest.

I think it looked good, but I am also not completely convinced. It will probably come down to the missions for me and so far I have only seen the one.

bigkrev

Danny, Austin, and now Vinny just going off at Dan right now

Why isn't "Adults explain things everyone should know to Dan" a premium feature.

JonCha

I've never played any of the Just Cause games so I have no excuse really!

It was a smart decision to get the devs in to demonstrate the game as watching the Giant Bomb crew play would have made it looks really clunky. I've gone from having no interest to being quite tempted, though Battlefront is still something that I want to play.

I think it's only been played by East during playdates and those first two episodes a GotY contender do not make.

If they finish episode 3 and 4 by GOTY, I think it has a chance for some kind of nod at least. Episodes 1 and 2 are weak. The art direction is very good consistently, but stuff like "point out the differences" and "collect the bottles" are nothing compared to later things. The developers definitely learned what worked and what didn't in that game.

And they're playing it on Friday, so it definitely has a chance. That game is perfect for GBeast. It has potential.

ArjanN

1. Super Mario Maker
2. Metal Gear Solid V
3. Rocket League
4. Axiom Verge
5. Splatoon
6. The Witcher 3
7. Bloodborne
8. Undertale
9. Fallout 4
10. Rise of the Tomb Raider

Subject to change in the event of Just Cause 3.

i could easily see Fallout 4 not making their top 10 at all. Before release I figured they might still be caught up in the hype, but honestly they already don't seem that hot on it.

Also replace Axiom Verge with something else pushed by GBeast like Invisible Inc, or Until Dawn.

cb1115;185948861[URL="https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/667050128738390016" said:
https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/667050128738390016[/URL]

7ebba1cca0dc4098d2460ff6b7a05dd5.png

Meh, Danny still loses for taking the bait.

AcridMeat

Banned
The water in Just Cause 3 is gorgeous. I think I need to jump on a video card deal this BF, I want to see it maxed, still running an ancient 560ti.

edit: Map is slightly bigger than Just Cause 2 with more stuff. Oh man I can't wait. I spent hours just roaming around the world in a plane.

Danny, Austin, and now Vinny just going off at Dan right now

Why isn't "Adults explain things everyone should know to Dan" a premium feature.

Dan mentioned really wanting to get Austin on an episode of Danswers when they come out for GOTY. I just hope they take much more social/business related questions than the romantic ones.

Dan mentioned really wanting to get Austin on an episode of Danswers when they come out for GOTY. I just hope they take much more social/business related questions than the romantic ones.

But where will I go to listen about my romantic needs and what to and what not do with women? I'm lost without Danny and Dan. They must teach me.

santeesioux

It's kind of funny timing with Jeff talking about Youtube shills with Jontron's newest video being an advertisement for Walmart and Battlefront, he even disabled the ratings on it, lol.

Curufinwe

Like I mentioned earlier though, there's so many negative aspects to MGS V, especially post-launch, that the others can come back with though.

I took two months to finish the game, and only got invaded once, losing nothing of importance.

I think MGSV will be #2 on my GAF list, behind Blodborne.

Ignorant and proud of it, terrible mix

I don't think that's fair. People seem to mistake Dan's complete willingness to admit when he has no idea what a Common Knowledge Thing is with a weird desire to flaunt that dearth of knowledge. I think it's refreshingly honest to go "I don't know what that thing's all about," and the world would probably be a better place if more people openly admitted their ignorance about certain things. It's not like he shoves his fingers in his ears when the crew tries to explain things to him; he sits there and tries to make sense of the thing he's being taught. Like someone else mentioned, a lot of his knowledge gaps are the mere result of an incredibly flawed education. When I took history classes, unions were these weird organizations that behaved violently and illogically. It wasn't until I took it upon myself to learn about the history of labor movements around the world that I understood what unions were.

Also, yeah, not having to know what a union is at his age comes from a place of privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom