• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Jeff and Dan suffer from the whole "I don't know thing so I'm going to spend the time writing it into Twitter rather than Google so people know I don't know thing" thing. It's stupid but whatever, you need to have some sort of desire for attention if you want to run an entertainment site.

tuxfool

Banned
In all honestly, few people, unless they have been in or are in one, and even then it's case-by-case, have an idea of what exactly a union is or how they operate other than the general definition based on the word union. Especially public sector ones. You would have to sit down and read labor contracts and nobody has time for that. Not exactly a quick Google search.

second result:
WdShRTG.png

Heimbeck

Banned
Cool. They finished episode 2 earlier, right? I don't remember how long ep.3 was, but it would be cool to see their reaction to the ending of that (and start of 4).

Yeah they finished up episode 2 last time around, hopefully they will get through all of ep3 in the next stream.

Dineren

Banned
I find it incredibly hard to believe Dan would seriously have no idea what a union is. As bad as our education system can be at times, they are still covered pretty thoroughly, at least in Kansas. At the very least if you consume American media to any degree you should have at least a basic idea of what they are.

AcridMeat

Banned
The man thought egg whites were the shells and used a tissue box (repeatedly) to cook hot dogs, it's not surprising if he doesn't know any particular thing at this point.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it's pretty much confirmed by the man himself that he pretty much uses twitter just to be a troll?

Trolling is supposed to be funny, and something only stupid people fall for. Good troll account: https://twitter.com/PorygonNews

Tweeting willfully ignorant stuff when you're Dan is indistinguishable from Dan being Dan, so it's not a good troll. Unless you're arguing that Dan's entire existence is some elaborate trolling performance act, in which case I'm willing to hear arguments.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Trolling is supposed to be funny, and something only stupid people fall for. Good troll account: https://twitter.com/PorygonNews

Tweeting willfully ignorant stuff when you're Dan is indistinguishable from Dan being Dan, so it's not a good troll. Unless you're arguing that Dan's entire existence is some elaborate trolling performance act, in which case I'm willing to hear arguments.

I never said it was a good troll. But he does admit that he purposely act up his idiocy on twitter mainly because he thinks the platform isn't actually conducive for discussion. Which is a dumb statement, but the whole thing is dumb anyway.

Which shows the beauty of twitter, in that if you're getting trolled by him you're mostly opting into his trolling. If he crashes into a public thread it's unavoidable but on twitter you can freely ignore him.

MPC/VLC links
Code:
HD
http://gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/amiibofestival111715_1_1400@46333

SD
http://gamespothdflash-f.akamaihd.net/amiibofestival111715_1_700@46333

I've known what Unions are since I was 5! Fuck you very much Bud Selig.

Are (were is more apt) you an Expos fan? Because, yeah, they did get screwed over. They were clearly going to the playoffs and were probably World Series contenders. It took the franchise until 2012 (when they were the Washington Nationals) to finally make the post-season.

I made a promise to myself a long time ago to never knowingly click on a link to KnowYourMeme.

Bullet dodged.

More specifically, it's a trollish face that's one of the earliest and most popular Twitch emotes. The face is actually that of one of Twitch's former engineers whose last name is Kappa. It's usually used in conjunction with sarcasm or just any vaguely trollish comment.

valeo

Funniest thing about all this was the rooster teeth subreddit. Those guys were as dumbfounded by the comments as we were, and seemed disappointed that it might hinder any more guesting on each other's content in the future.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Are (were is more apt) you an Expos fan? Because, yeah, they did get screwed over. They were clearly going to the playoffs and were probably World Series contenders. It took the franchise until 2012 (when they were the Washington Nationals) to finally make the post-season.

Nah Angels fan, but at the time just a kid who was heart-broken baseball wasn't going to be on TV. And yeah that '94 Expos team is an incredible story, the amount of talent on that team that was essentially wasted is just brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom