• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

EUAivn7.png

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/667131756273868800

hc4R3Ze.png

jambo

Apparently you play through twice, then it unlocks mini games.

Maybe Dan can unlock it and then we can have Amiibo Festival Festival 2.0

HTTPS Everywhere? Adblock? If so disable those for the site.

HTTPS Everywhere
Just disable GB's (and maybe CBS') domain from the drop-down menu without turning it off completely.

Adblocker
I was having a similar issue with both GB and Gamespot, and later found out it had to do with a specific filter list - EasyPrivacy. Disable the list, refresh, and re-enable to get let the video player loaded correctly. You may have to repeat those steps for each session or just disable the list all together.

I've started watching the Extra Life parts I missed live, and now understand where Reduced Fat comes from. Rorie is the stealth best Duder, I just find him delightful.

I come back after 3 years and I owe Tom Nook 93k for an incredibly small size expansion on my house. This raccoon is a con artist. I'll do whatever it takes to have more room for my dancing wood things though.

Heimbeck

Banned
I've started watching the Extra Life parts I missed live, and now understand where Reduced Fat comes from. Rorie is the stealth best Duder, I just find him delightful.

Makes me wonder why Jeff hates him so much.

I come back after 3 years and I owe Tom Nook 93k for an incredibly small size expansion on my house. This raccoon is a con artist. I'll do whatever it takes to have more room for my dancing wood things though.

Sounds about right.

Lijik

the best part of amiibo festival festival was near the end when Dan was in last place without a decent chance to catch up muttering "this game relies on chance"

Kyou

Ok well that's good.

Are there more amiibo cards to get more mini-games, or are they all in the package?

you don't need specific cards to do anything, it's just if you want to use different characters for the other games(like island escape) or scan them into the boardgame town to change the board layout

No_Style

I LOVED when Patrick was mocking Dan's run at the end of his last Klepocalypse run.

Patrick was cool as ice during his own run while Dan was stressed the hell out. So good!

jambo

you don't need specific cards to do anything, it's just if you want to use different characters for the other games(like island escape) or scan them into the boardgame town to change the board layout

Well their advertising is a bit confusing then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSFqR32V6TM

"Tap in your Animal Crossing amiibo Cards to unlock a wide range of fun minigames."

Patrick was cool as ice during his own run while Dan was stressed the hell out. So good!

Cool as ice or all the emotion sucked out by Dirty Dan Ryckert?

yami4ct

Man. Amiibo Festival is worse than I could have imagined. That game should've been a free thing for people who buy amiibo. At the very worst, it should've been a pack in with a normal price AC amiibo. It's a game that actually makes me appreciate what Mario Party does alright.

Also, the bonus points for Amiibo players is absolute bullshit. If I had that game as a kid, that would've tore my household apart.

LiK

Man. Amiibo Festival is worse than I could have imagined. That game should've been a free thing for people who buy amiibo. At the very worst, it should've been a pack in with a normal price AC amiibo. It's a game that actually makes me appreciate what Mario Party does alright.

Also, the bonus points for Amiibo players is absolute bullshit. If I had that game as a kid, that would've tore my household apart.

SIXTY DOLLARS

Amiibo festival doesn't seem that bad for being a free pack in thing with the AC amiibo.

Man. Amiibo Festival is worse than I could have imagined. That game should've been a free thing for people who buy amiibo. At the very worst, it should've been a pack in with a normal price AC amiibo.

Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom