• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"You won't win any happy points if you roll as a villager"

WOW who knew that an Animal Crossing game would be one of the most disgusting greedy cash-ins of the year?

daydream

Banned
if you could at least use the cards, ridiculous that those are only for other modes

the first wii party fun but everything else has been terrible out of them - time to give ndcube the axe

Money can buy happiness you guys.

i prefer popularity-based life models

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's been a rough year for Animal Crossing and I blame everything on Isabel's popularity

Thanks Isabel, you ruined Animal Crossing

The endings are very specifically meant to be continued upon. Depending on the path you unlock post story missions and no matter what the world state is changed. Think they're perfectly acceptable and fun ending missions.

Although the two I did were the big factions so I'm sure they're more bombastic than the minutemen, lol.

hamchan

The Fallout 4 ending is hilariously bad. It just kind of...ends, theres a crappy cutscene and you go oh I guess thats it

Yep. My original faction's ending was very anticlimactic compared to the Brotherhood of Steel. The ending cutscene is basically identical. This is normal for Bethesda games though.

BanGy.nz

Banned
It's been a rough year for Animal Crossing and I blame everything on Isabel's popularity

Thanks Isabel, you ruined Animal Crossing

Isabel's fabulous and I will not have you slandering her good name, Isabel stans on the other hand are the worst and we should do everything in our power to shame them.

Kyou

if you could at least use the cards, ridiculous that those are only for other modes

they can be used in the board game mode to change the board and add in new villagers, but MAN was I bummed when I tried to scan a card to play as Redd and couldn't.

Huh, I think the Amiibo Festival Festival may have actually sold me on that game. Being able to immerse myself in the Animal Crossing aesthetic and watch random cute, whimsical events pass by kinda sounds like exactly what I'd like right now.

justjim89

I think the main reason I love GOTY Bombcasts isn't even for determining the GOTY. That's practically incidental. I just love all the guys getting together and debating something. If they could do that a few times every year it'd be great. Have like, specialized podcasts where they determine some dumb list.

Giant Bomb Deliberates the Best FPS's
Giant Bomb Deliberates the Best RPG's
Giant Bomb Deliberates the Best Console of All Time

etc.

It'd be a lot of fun to listen to.

justjim89

Damn it Dan, I wanna hear how attending Bragging Rights 2010 ended up with you hanging out at a strip club with Mark Henry. That sounds like a good time.

Mark Henry seems like a chill ass dude.

Damn it Dan, I wanna hear how attending Bragging Rights 2010 ended up with you hanging out at a strip club with Mark Henry. That sounds like a good time.

Mark Henry seems like a chill ass dude.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, dan is the forrest gump of the gaming industry. stuff just happens to the guy.

How was the Amiibo Festival Festival?
ben-carson-sleeping.jpg

daydream

Banned
Hey daydream, there are Rhythm Heaven badges in that 3DS badge game. Don't stop believing.

yeah, i know. they're currently up in na, hopefully soon in eu. the set that involves characters from the best+ is not yet up, though, but it's undoubtedly coming

there's also this, so yeah, follow the money, believe, choo choo, etc.

Is there a reason Metal Gear Scanlon requires Flash? There's no HTML 5 option for me at all on both Firefox and Chrome. I have changed nothing on my computer. Everything was fine earlier today. Even the archive of the Amiibo Festival Festival requires Flash. I understand the livestream of it needing Flash (as they still have no livestream option for HTML5), but the archives typically allow for HTML5 video.

Is there a reason Metal Gear Scanlon requires Flash? There's no HTML 5 option for me at all on both Firefox and Chrome. I have changed nothing on my computer. Everything was fine earlier today.

GB's having video problems. Again. They're looking into it. Try to bear with it, I guess.

I stopped having the Akamai problems finally, so they'll fix whatever it is eventually.

tchocky

Is there a reason Metal Gear Scanlon requires Flash? There's no HTML 5 option for me at all on both Firefox and Chrome. I have changed nothing on my computer. Everything was fine earlier today. Even the archive of the Amiibo Festival Festival requires Flash. I understand the livestream of it needing Flash (as they still have no livestream option for HTML5), but the archives typically allow for HTML5 video.

html5 option is there now.

justjim89

Ok, I just got to MGScanlon Episode 13 and this sequence is great.

Dan: I have one specific person I'm thinking of, you can ask ye-
Drew: Are you a man?
Drew: Are you alive?
Drew: Evel Kneivel.
Dan: FUCK YOU! What? Really?
Drew: Is that who you were thinking o-
Dan: Yes! What the fuck just happened?

Houndi101

Wonder how Drew feels about syncing with Dan like this

That moment better be in a future "Best of Giant Bomb" video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom