• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
There are probably more than a dozen reasons people could give to being disappointed with Mass Effect 3, but I think that Casey Hudson your choices matter quote was a huge reason for lots of people.

I don't mind the ending choice thing, except for the fact that they were all terrible and disjointed and foisted upon the story of the game. Then there was the fact that they were adamant that they wouldn't do what they did.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok, just read up on the extended dlc ending and what it changed and added and yeah, the old endings were definitely worse.

I hope Andromeda is all aliens.

Noaloha

Are the rewinds usable for that mission only or for the entire campaign? It wasn't clear to me and I'm afraid of wasting them unless someone dies.
Sorry for a late reply, I went to bed after my last post.

And they're per mission. You're expected to use them! If you haven't and Beginner/Intermediate/whatever has been seeming tricky, at least you can reassure yourself that you weren't actually playing on that difficulty. :p

bb7PSk3.png

Jothel

Anyone know where exactly the Mario Maker AGDQ video is? Had a quick look at their pa broadcasts but haven't been able to find it just yet.

daydream

Banned
if anyone wants to shoot the shit while watching agdq, i'll be sitting in the synchtube chat

Danke, these levels are crazy.
So what is the Kleptastrophe? Just the name of the Mario Maker bit? Kinda thought they were gonna play some of Dan's levels.

yeah, i thought so, too, but nope. still a great block, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where's my Dragon's Dogma PC quicklook Austin :(

Where's my Dragon's Dogma PC quicklook Austin :(

Where's my Dragon Quest Heroes quick look! That game is too wonderful for it to be missed. Jason atleast gave it a huge shout out during the GOTYcast, and I can't disparage him since he did a QL of EDF 2015(I imagine he's the only one in the office who was even interested in it). I figured DQ Heroes would be such an Austin Joint, I'm surprised he hadn't played it by what he said in the podcast.

I haven't really paid attention to the internet today but man this Oculus business is exciting. It's weird seeing something that no one really had a expectation for to react to it. I'm not really surprised to see it be so expensive, but I can totally get why people are shocked to see something like this cost so much.

dream tech gonna have dream pricing
It's also not a ridiculous price when you think about high end monitors or even mid-range televisions.

But again, it's something people don't really have any perception for how much it should cost because it's a completely new category, and Oculus maybe didn't do the best job getting people ready for it being so much.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don't really care one way or another about some of their over sharing. I think you are being a bit dramatic though. Finding out that someone is at Taco Bell or working from home is hardly going to make them the target of a deranged stalker like you seem to think. If they do have stalkers, I don't think they will be looking for random tweets to find out where their victims are. That info is freely available on the internet. Jeff has had his home address out there for years and AFAIK he hasn't had anyone going through his trash or masturbating through his letterbox - well not GB fans anyway, that guy across the street has mental health issues.

My intention wasn't to suggest anything involving stalkers. I just think it's weird that people care that he's working from home and that his girlfriend feels the need to post it on a subreddit dedicated to the site.

Eh, the thing is that he's been doing it before giantbomb. He made a feature with his dad at game informer.

Absolutely. I think it's an incredibly smart decision to move from that website to one that has a monthly/yearly plan to continue to build a fanbase. He now has access to fans he knows will be willing to pay a premium to access content featuring him. He has his cast of characters and the motivation. Dan is by far one of the most self-determined people and it's infectious to see someone work toward their goals and achieve them. Should he choose to go that route, I have no doubts he would be successful. It's incredibly smart, if that's what his long-term goals are.

I'm quoting you just for finishing Ori, good job. You have seen the light.

Its was so damn good. I played a few hours when it released but just dropped off. I should of kept going because it was actually pretty short, took me under 7 hours. Damn beautiful game.

Ori got robbed in goty discussion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My intention wasn't to suggest anything involving stalkers. I just think it's weird that people care that he's working from home and that his girlfriend feels the need to post it on a subreddit dedicated to the site.

Absolutely. I think it's an incredibly smart decision to move from that website to one that has a monthly/yearly plan to continue to build a fanbase. He now has access to fans he knows will be willing to pay a premium to access content featuring him. He has his cast of characters and the motivation. Dan is by far one of the most self-determined people and it's infectious to see someone work toward their goals and achieve them. Should he choose to go that route, I have no doubts he would be successful. It's incredibly smart, if that's what his long-term goals are.

Thing is I feel like you're giving far too much credit to him. :p

I do personally feel that he does have an instinct for building his image, but it's less trying to "build his own brand" as much as it's just him doing what's naturally fun to him. Though if you want to be in the business that giantbomb is in there has to be an ability to be able to build an image, either naturally, or in a more calculated fashion.

repeater

Of Dan's numerous sins, not liking Bill Hicks is the most baffling one to me.

I would put it down as a sourcream kind of thing, but I think he's mentioned actually listening to some of Bill Hicks' stuff.

yami4ct

GunPla has gotten in my way of playing video games. Has GunPla gone too far?

Wanted to spend more time with the Witcher 3, but ended up finishing up some of the kits I've built but not detailed. Lined and decaled the RG Destiny yesterday and the Hyaku-Shiki 2.0 today. Still have the MG Infinite Justice, Dragon Momoko MG Akatsuki and MG Altron, but the Altron is just getting lined. Don't really dig the decals. The Hyaku-Shiki 2.0 has the best hands I've ever seen on a MG model. I hope bandai keeps using them because they are amazing.

Also, fuck dry transfer decals. They are way too easy to screw up, you only get one shot with them and they are a bitch to put on any curved surface. Bandai please let me buy official water slides from you again. I would gladly pay the extra $2-4 for the upgrade.

I should probably have waited for more GB content to hit before working on these. GB videos+GunPla are a great combination.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Thing is I feel like you're giving far too much credit to him. :p

I do personally feel that he does have an instinct for building his image, but it's less trying to "build his own brand" as much as it's just him doing what's naturally fun to him. Though if you want to be in the business that giantbomb is in there has to be an ability to be able to build an image, either naturally, or in a more calculated fashion.

I don't know about that. I need to read his book on anxiety. I doubt he'd phrase it as "building his brand" and he's certainly doing stuff he finds fun, but I think he leans into his image more than we think, which has the effect of reinforcing it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh he definitely leans into it, but considering his love of wwe it makes sense that he would know which buttons to push.

Jintor

Just wrapped Ep 1 of Life is Strange.

I hope the overall 'acting' improves (the way character animation chains together, some of Max's tone can be really jarring for some reason) but man they make some damn amazing looking shots and in combo with the music it's really damn gorgeous.

Can't wait to find out where I fucked up in later episodes

Heimbeck

Banned
This is why I can't get excited for Mass Effect Andromeda. Or that I can't let myself get excited for it. That ending was just a huge slap in the face for me. I just really feel like stunts like that really just insult my intelligence, and it really made me not care for the series anymore. Looking forward to seeing how that game's reception is like.

The reason I can't get excited is because the last good game Bioware made was six years ago.
I feel like them going to a new galaxy is basically admitting the ending is so fucked the series has to reset everything just to make it work.

Jintor

i probs shouldn't be surprised for a game that talks about photography a lot but god damn some of its shot framing is so goddamn gorgeous i can feel it in my heart

Your new (?) avatar really threw me off for a second, Jintor. Stop changing your avatars, the world around me should remain completely still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom