• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, none of those vertibirds were there in my game.

Just the price you pay for being able to pick up forks, ya know

EDIT: Also there's a brahmin sitting on mama murphy

Dineren

Banned
I thought that it was a pretty cool moment and it was completely unexpected. Although looking back at my 60 hours of Fallout 4, that is the only one that really stands out which is kind of sad.

Xater

I was expecting like a sky full of blimps from the way Jeff talked about this. But I guess that's impressive after playing Fallout 4 for dozens of hours before that.

I was just about to add it myself. The whole thing is also not very impressive at all.

Haunted

Just goes to show how questionable second hand info is.

The way Jeff talked about that Fallout 4 scene must've made it sound mighty impressive to someone who didn't play that game.

Dineren

Banned
Sometimes I feel like my memory is just completely worthless. I could have sworn there were a lot more vertibirds in that scene.

tuxfool

Banned
Sometimes I feel like my memory is just completely worthless. I could have sword there were a lot more vertibirds in that scene.

Don't worry it was some systemic element that determined you were worth it, so they showed you more Vertibirds.

Personally I wouldn't be impressed unless they showed me at least 3 blimps, that is my buy in rate.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah I looked that up after he talked it up on the GOTY casts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyj7FZZPDro

Like...wat

Are we ruling out the possibility of some glitch that accidentally rendered 100 too many vertibirds?

This review of friend mario amiibo on polygon by Griffin Mcelroy is very informative i enjoyed it a lot.

Gah. It's been years since I had that thing where you hear somebody's disembodied voice for so many hours that when you see they're an actual human with a face it's startling. That hasn't happened since I stopped being a podcast only Giant Bomb consumer in late 2008.

edit: Also I feel sorry for all of you demon monsters without souls who didn't enjoy Grow Home.

SomberOwl

I wonder if they'll do an Unfinished or something for XCOM 2 since every other outlet seems to be doing something with a preview build today.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
edit: Also I feel sorry for all of you demon monsters without souls who didn't enjoy Grow Home.
It's good! But for like 2 hours. I played with a similar concept in Starseed Pilgrim for maybe 10h or more.
I guess it scratched a (tiny) 3D platforming itch for them or something to put it that far up the list in such a strong year of releases

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The four hours I played Grow Home were better than the full length of any other game I played this year. It was $8, didn't overstay it's welcome, made me want more but still left me satisfied. Novel twist on a good concept that tends to suffer from being bloated full of content that outlasts the premise. Top five games of the year easily.

All that and BUD was robbed in character of the year discussions. Look how gleeful that little drunk robot is, and you can't even see his face.

2725309-0748414380-ibs4Z.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Grow Home was good but the PS4 version was shoddy and its visual style was bad.

Don't even get me started on how it should have been mentioned in the long list for best looking and was more deserving than any of the galaxy games for best styyyyyyyyyyyyle.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Don't even get me started on how it should have been mentioned in the long list for best looking and was more deserving than any of the galaxy games for best styyyyyyyyyyyyle.

ugh

just no

Galaxy 1 is beautiful and also the best 3d platformer. Gone Home is good, trys something new but its aesthetic is wrong. I like the cleanness of the visuals but that's as far as Ill go.

Add me to the "I dont get the Grow Home Love" list.

Its a fleshed out tech demo. Its not fun to play but its kind of fun to look at the animation system doing its thing

Yeah I looked that up after he talked it up on the GOTY casts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyj7FZZPDro

Like...wat

That happened to me at night and it looked a lot cooler But I didnt lose my shit over it or anything.

But it also kind of sucks because for then after you cant go anywhere in the openworld without the Brotherhood getting up in your shit blowing stuff up or being blown up themselves.

The four hours I played Grow Home were better than the full length of any other game I played this year. It was $8, didn't overstay it's welcome, made me want more but still left me satisfied. Novel twist on a good concept that tends to suffer from being bloated full of content that outlasts the premise. Top five games of the year easily.

All that and BUD was robbed in character of the year discussions. Look how gleeful that little drunk robot is, and you can't even see his face.

hG2a5U8.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
There's hardly any style to it. A lot of it looks like Unity.

And it was the first game I beat this year and enjoyed playing it a lot, but nah.

2813268-fullsizerender+%281%29.jpg

the idea that a video game design document exists that has the letters "BS" with a circle around it is endlessly amusing to me

Dan, you should change your avatar to that circle

2813268-fullsizerender+%281%29.jpg

the idea that a video game design document exists that has the letters "BS" with a circle around it is endlessly amusing to me

Dan, you should change your avatar to that circle

i just think that's the Zone of Brad Shoemaker, where you are confronted with multiple logical filibusters that are completely inconsistent when compared to the rest of the stage you've played up till then

omgkitty

Grow Home is fine....for like an hour. Nowhere near a top ten game. Is it even a game?!

I've been trying to play it this week and it's really not clicking with me. I got that plant up to the second level and now I've just been growing more and more of those things and none of them are connecting to the floating areas, and it's really pissing me off.

jaina

I've been trying to play it this week and it's really not clicking with me. I got that plant up to the second level and now I've just been growing more and more of those things and none of them are connecting to the floating areas, and it's really pissing me off.
Then stop, you haven't seen all of Grow Home, but enough.

it's like a 3 hour game so if you've put in more than an hour or so and it's not grabbing you then walk away because you're almost done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom