• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Complete Pacifist
during my first run-through. If the other way is more fun, then that's a fault I still hold with the game as narratively it really pushed me in this direction.

Oh man you don't even know.

I mean that on multiple levels.

yami4ct

Oh man you don't even know.

Well I can already tell you I'm never going to do a run completely the other way. Once I finish up
complete pacifist
I'm done. What little I've heard about the other side sounds really not fun to me. I can't see myself spending another 6 hours on this game when I'd much rather be playing Yakuza 4, Splatoon or Trails of Cold Steel.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It feels like SMT mixed with poor wario ware mini-games to me. I like exploring the world, but I actively dread getting into battle. There's really only been 1-3 monsters that actually did something in battle that made me laugh or surprised me.

I looked at it more like smt where I get to play an adventure game to discover each monster's quirks instead of guessing what the dice roll wants me to say, with an okayish to good stg.

Some people seem to really like the dodging mini games and some people seem to really not like it. I fall into liking it but thinking that it could use some refinement.

Dunno man, see how you go with the 2nd playthrough. If it doesn't grab you than you just might not like undertale.

yami4ct

I looked at it more like smt where I get to play an adventure game to discover each monster's quirks instead of guessing what the dice roll wants me to say, with an okayish to good stg.

Some people seem to really like the dodging mini games and some people seem to really not like it. I fall into liking it but thinking that it could use some refinement.

Dunno man, see how you go with the 2nd playthrough. If it doesn't grab you than you just might not like undertale.

Overall I enjoy the game. I think the writing has clever bits, even if it veers a bit into over-trodden and obvious territory at times. It's just the act of playing it that's getting me down.

Plasma

Banned
Well I can already tell you I'm never going to do a run completely the other way. Once I finish up
complete pacifist
I'm done.
I did the exact same thing first time and haven't gone back to the game since. I enjoyed it but I've got no interest in playing it any other way.

Antiwhippy

I'll say this though, even if you don't want to play the game the other way read or look up what happens during it.

That's certainly what I did.

Jintor

I don't either but that's for story reasons. I guess I wouldn't say I'm a hundred percent sold on the actual gameplay either but it's hella more interesting than any turn based RPG (not tactics) you care to name. One oh the few where the way they battle/are pacified tells an interesting story for every monster (even if it is as you say somewhat heavy handed)

yami4ct

I don't either but that's for story reasons. I guess I wouldn't say I'm a hundred percent sold on the actual gameplay either but it's hella more interesting than any turn based RPG (not tactics) you care to name. One oh the few where the way they battle/are pacified tells an interesting story for every monster (even if it is as you say somewhat heavy handed)

Differences in taste and all that, but I'd take almost any other turn based combat over Undertale's. I had infinite more fun playing Etrian Odyssey, Trails in the Sky, SMT, Dragon Quest, etc. Undertale's just feels tedious to me, especially once you know the solution to the problems.

I appreciate the attempt and I think some cool ideas come from it, but I think it flops the execution.

demidar

complete pacifist
I'm done. What little I've heard about the other side sounds really not fun to me. I can't see myself spending another 6 hours on this game when I'd much rather be playing Yakuza 4, Splatoon or Trails of Cold Steel.

It goes much, much deeper than that, but I'm not saying anything. :V

hamchan

I could have finished Undertale at any time during the past couple of weeks since it only takes a day.

Instead I put 75 hours into Yakuza 5.

yami4ct

I could have finished Undertale at any time during the past couple of weeks since it only takes a day.

Instead I put 75 hours into Yakuza 5.

This is inarguably the correct choice. Playing Undertale, I can't count how many times I thought 'I should be playing Yakuza 4 right now.'

I feel like a bad Yakuza fan having never finished 4. I kind of thought we were never going to get 5 and that cut my motivation down a ton.

Zaph

Antiwhippy

Nah we actually have good taste. Last time Taco Bell was here they shut down due to lack of business and we booted them out of the country.

Look mate I'm not looking for good taste for every meal. I cook most of the time anyway.

Sometimes I just need to eat garbage that is scientifically formulated to hit my pleasure centres.

Tubobutts

I haven't been to Taco Bell in over ten years but, as an American, I am comforted by the fact that there are two Taco Bells very close by.

I haven't been to Taco Bell in over ten years but, as an American, I am comforted by the fact that there are two Taco Bells very close by.

There's a Taco Bell/KFC combo, McDonald's, Burger King, Captain D's, Subway, Sonic, and a Rally's all within about 3 or so miles from my house, America is pretty alright sometimes.

Antiwhippy

So I can play Trails in the Sky SC which I've actually bought already and played a bit.

Or I can buy all the final fantasy XIII games and play through them instead.

Decisions, decisions.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So I can play Trails in the Sky SC which I've actually bought already and played a bit.

Or I can buy all the final fantasy XIII games and play through them instead.

Decisions, decisions.
You could also run a nail into your eye-ball. Just making suggestions here.

PowerTaxi

Banned
That GAME thread reminded me that Gamestop Ireland were selling The Taken King for €80 at launch. Seriously, who the fuck would pay that?

Zaph

It's just bland grilled chicken. Too slow to be a good drunken take-away, and you never want to sit down because it's filled with 14 year olds.

Xater

All of these specialized game shops are overpriced, because they would rather sell you used copies. They get 100% of the money that way instead of a small margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom