• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story about the kid in Wales was a moment that would have been fantastic on a video version of the podcast. I really hope that idea goes through for stuff like that.

DamnBoxes

What happened to brad?

I can't be the only one thinking that he's been weirdly absent from content for awhile now right?

He took over Pope's spot at Harmonix I think.

u1eP0WC.png

Kinda like before that though.

I can't even remember the last quick look that had a brad lead.

I was kinda not joking about the podcast thing. Brad has to at least listen to the whole thing through once to make sure they are no weird glitches. Then chop it up into the various pieces. If he chooses to edit out some sections of chat to make it flow better, that adds hours and hours to the process. If he is on vacation now, much of his final time in the office could have been taken up by working solely on that.

popo

I was kinda not joking about the podcast thing. Brad has to at least listen to the whole thing through once to make sure they are no weird glitches. Then chop it up into the various pieces. If he chooses to edit out some sections of chat to make it flow better, that adds hours and hours to the process. If he is on vacation now, much of his final time in the office could have been taken up by working solely on that.

I can see that. Once everything is recorded and filmed it has to be produced. I imagine Jeff and Dan, being front of camera talent, had the most time for recording new stuff.

Only because he thinks it is "somewhere around europe? It is hot though so ... africa?"

What was so good about lovefilm?

I take it you went with boomerang, seeing as they are about the only one left over here. I used them off and on for a couple of years. I can usually have my fill of a 40 hour game in a month, so £10 a month is decent value. Their service is great apart from that whole hacking fiasco. I switched to a pre-paid debit card after that clusterfuck.

I got games AND movies and it was pretty sweet.

But yeah Boomerang is a decent.

I'm really close to just buying EDF 4.1, I didn't play much of EDF 4 but it seems like there's no point going back to it if 4.1 exists.

i would really love to see what Jason's armor rating is immediately after he put those points to use. Does the armor disappear if you dont use it after a mission or is he sitting on a goldmine of the stuff?

This EDF Quicklook. Official Playstation Magazine DVD #61 has a Robot Alchemic Drive demo on it. If there were a feature about playing demos, reckon it's worth checking out.

I should....really get EDF shouldnt I.

Seeing that post, I actually remember that the armor applied after a mission, on the original EDF on 360. I remember armor farming. I guess in this one you have to adjust it.

While it's undoubtedly a big handicap, the armor increase doesn't seem to be that big:
I know with the Wing Diver you have to pick up at least 5 or 6 armor boxes per mission to raise your max armor by a SINGLE point.
There's a shitload of missions though so I'm sure it adds up to more than I think.

Dizzy-4U

While it's undoubtedly a big handicap, the armor increase doesn't seem to be that big:

There's a shitload of missions though so I'm sure it adds up to more than I think.
Not to mention that you usually start playing the same missions in higher difficulties for better drops. I've played the first 5 missions like 30 times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom