• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Xbox One controller work on the 360?

Interestingly enough, when you stream XB1 games on your PC you can totally use a 360 pad to play xb1 games. And, really, there's zero reason why you can't at least use a wired 360 pad on the xb1 since it's basically running windows on there.

gotta sell them new pads though

Earth Defense Force 4, Better than Ever - 4.1 runs at a steady 60 FPS and supports up to 1080p, while newly revised missions feature more NPC soldiers, who now respond to the player's commands

from the description on amazon - lol

from the description on amazon - lol

EDF games have been notorious for running like absolute shit when things get hectic.

Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way. That's the beauty of EDF, that it's so nut-shit crazy it can't even keep up with itself. I almost wouldn't want it on PC unless there was a slider in the options to allow for enough ants to be generated that it'll cause your system to chug

killroy87

It boggles my mind how people can enjoy those EDF games. They are like the Snakes on a Plane of video games, they reek of trying wayyyyyy too hard.

LiK

It boggles my mind how people can enjoy those EDF games. They are like the Snakes on a Plane of video games, they reek of trying wayyyyyy too hard.

the scale of the monsters/robots is the best thing about them. i wish we saw more of these massive invasion type games.

They're like really enjoyable arcadey shooters. Some people try to compare them to the musou games but those dont have the fun shit like destructible buildings, ufos, and huge insects so they're not even close.

you either "get" edf or ya dont. I'm happy that i do but if you dont then that sucks, youre missing out

daydream

Banned
edf2 on vita seems like the easier purchase if you want edf just for that portability

also it's crazy that they finally localised/rereleased edf2 after like ten years

I'm watching the EDF QL. The framerate dropped into single digits for an extended period of time and I was wondering if either of them were going to mention anything, finally Dan said something. Ha. Definitely a fascinating series but I've never tried one.

unfortunately they don't come out until I (and I suspect, many people) am done doing holiday travelling.

I've got like 8+ hours of car travel ahead of me. I guess maybe Adventure Zone to pass the time?

I've been listening to Friends at the Table, starting with their Counter/Weight game. Austin is a mean GM.

I should really pick up this EDF. I remember getting the 360 EDF back in the day and getting almost every weapon except 1(That was an accomplishment!)

popo

Dan will never visit Australia because we are the country that rejected Taco Bell about 10 years ago.

Only because he thinks it is "somewhere around europe? It is hot though so ... africa?"

I started using a rental service again anyway.

Too many games this year, not enough money!

Still miss Lovefilm :(

What was so good about lovefilm?

I take it you went with boomerang, seeing as they are about the only one left over here. I used them off and on for a couple of years. I can usually have my fill of a 40 hour game in a month, so £10 a month is decent value. Their service is great apart from that whole hacking fiasco. I switched to a pre-paid debit card after that clusterfuck.

danm999

Only because he thinks it is "somewhere around europe? It is hot though so ... africa?"

You joke but we had a conservative evangelical speaker at uni once who some friends and I went to see for a larf and he was talking about the AIDS crisis and that he didn't need to lecture us about it because of our proximity to Africa.

unfortunately they don't come out until I (and I suspect, many people) am done doing holiday travelling.

I've got like 8+ hours of car travel ahead of me. I guess maybe Adventure Zone to pass the time?

Adventure Zone is pretty great if you enjoy the brothers' brand of humor.

popo

Christmas must be great if you have kids. About the only time of the year I envy friends who have spawned. Maybe if I could afford boarding school it wouldn't be too bad.

Adventure Zone is pretty great if you enjoy the brothers' brand of humor.

I just finished episode 5 yesterday and I feel like it got off to a really slow start. I'm pretty into it now. once the players figured out the rules and just turned the game into "fucking with Griffin" it's fun.

popo

You need to be able to afford boarding school to have children?

I would. Couldn't put up with them all year round. I was kinda joking though. I went to boarding school - as a day pupil. Some of the stories my boarding friends would tell. Would not put a kid through that.

I just finished episode 5 yesterday and I feel like it got off to a really slow start. I'm pretty into it now. once the players figured out the rules and just turned the game into "fucking with Griffin" it's fun.

Yeah learning the rules definitely does drag some of the early eps, although Papa Mac still asks what to roll for attacks pretty much the entire way through. Listening to them trying to break Griffin's plans in the dumbest way possible is pretty great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What happened to brad?

I can't be the only one thinking that he's been weirdly absent from content for awhile now right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom