• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Patrick needs to work on acquiring a thicker skin if he is going to be a youtuber. I bet Ryckert could help him with that.

Deleting crappy comments is less about the host/subject of the video than it is for other people making comments.

Patrick needs to work on acquiring a thicker skin if he is going to be a youtuber. I bet Ryckert could help him with that.

Patrick Klepek 2 hours ago (edited)
To be clear, I have no problem if people want to dislike this video or don't care for "reaction" style videos, but I won't tolerate people coming in and saying "this is shit" or "this content sucks." Your comment's getting deleted, sorry. My wife and I genuinely enjoy horror movies and want to share that with people. You're welcome to watch the other videos on the channel, and I'm excited to see how this might expand into a larger form of criticism/commentary on horror films and marketing.

Why does Patrick want to oppress me?

I am impressed that they put out such a highly edited video daily. I know they have a lot more staff members in production but it makes "video reviews are too much work" seem a bit weak.

I wonder how long GB will get to clean up all that shit. I can't imagine box city will fly now they are all sharing the main floor.

Great vid. More Mary is always nice.

popo

What's wrong with deleting shitty unproductive comments?

Offensive comments I can understand but negative comments come with the territory. Telling a troll to play nice if just validation for the troll. Kotaku doesnt even moderate that sort of comment. This is of course assuming he is trying to build an audience. If he is just doing it because he wants to then why not disable comments.

The comments on that video were pretty disgusting though.

I didn't see anything bad, must have already deleted them. Can understand deleting anything offensive, though should have expected it, given there is a segment that will shit post on everything he does.

GB needs its people to be good on camera, she is. It isn't even her job either. She's a video producer unless Im sorely mistaken.

Even if they could make a new hire, why would she move. Seems like she is already getting the opportunities to be front of camera.

Remember when everyone was "hire Danny" and he had to come out and say he was more than happy where he was.

Xater

I am impressed that they put out such a highly edited video daily. I know they have a lot more staff members in production but it makes "video reviews are too much work" seem a bit weak.

I wonder how long GB will get to clean up all that shit. I can't imagine box city will fly now they are all sharing the main floor.

They are way more work though. All that footage you need to get that works with what is being said. That has to be recorded and edited some time. You can't just get everything you need from a QL you might have done.

Zaph

GS actually did a good job filming their current podcast version of The Lobby this week. A mix of fixed cameras and hand-held http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-lobby-oculus-price-xcom-2-the-delayed-games-of/2300-6428848/

Wonder if that's the same podcast studio as GB? Probably not feasible doing the same for the Bombcast's 3-4hr marathons, no doubt that'll end up as a go pro in the corner.

Also, XCOM2 sounds pretty good.

I'm pretty sure whatever comments pat deleted were less gross than the shit that is still on that GS video

If you haven't got time to moderate, close the comment section. Doesn't seem hard.

I didn't see anything bad, must have already deleted them. Can understand deleting anything offensive, though should have expected it, given there is a segment that will shit post on everything he does.

I thought he was talking about Mary's video, didn't see comments on patrick's video

I'm pretty sure whatever comments pat deleted were less gross than the shit that is still on that GS video

anyway, TASblock is starting soon: http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Even if they could make a new hire, why would she move. Seems like she is already getting the opportunities to be front of camera.

Remember when everyone was "hire Danny" and he had to come out and say he was more than happy where he was.

I just want her and Danny in more gb content because gamespot is largely rubbish. let me fantasise here

Chuck

Still without luck
gotta love the clusterfuck that is CBSi

little trivia, in 2 months, they will be at cbsi for just as long as they were without cbsi

popo

I thought he was talking about Mary's video, didn't see comments on patrick's video

An, okay. I bet Mary (and the other GS women) get some vile shit. They seem to deal with it well, even though they shouldn't have to, and don't let it put them off.

popo

gotta love the clusterfuck that is CBSi

little trivia, in 2 months, they will be at cbsi for just as long as they were without cbsi

You trade the freedom of a young startup for the security or a corporate dinosaur.

GS seems to have less trouble. I don't know if that is the bigger site getting preferencial treatment or maybe someone over there is just better at playing the game.

I'm a big fan of big channels closing their YT comment section.

You can do that when you are big and well established. Not so easy when you are trying to build an audience. Pewdiepie got away with turning off comments once he had millions of subs, it would have been interesting to see if he ever would have made it turning off comments from the start.

Myggen

Fuck you

You trade the freedom of a young startup for the security or a corporate dinosaur.

GS seems to have less trouble. I don't know if that is the bigger site getting preferencial treatment or maybe someone over there is just better at playing the game.

We don't really know much about GS though.

Tubobutts

What if the GOTY videos were meant as a warning to Patrick? To show him what he was becoming? How long until he starts building gunpla and making holiday treats?!

Nero18

The downside to working for a site with focus on writing is that if you one day got fired or had to leave, you really have no audience to rely on. You're really vulnerable.

Nero18

Also, as somebody that has never watched anime. Is that neflix produced show a good place to start? My closest experience is some Evangelion manga from when i was a kid and the thumbnail to that show looked close-ish.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Because he enjoys doing it?

Could be for sure. I get the feeling he's trying to segue into a Youtube/Streaming position for financial income, which I find interesting. I have the same curiosity about the transition was like for Jeff from Gamespot to starting his own business was like. I imagine it's incredibly stressful and overcoming obstacles takes a lot of determination. It's fascinating to me.

They only unionised recently, it won't have had an immediate effect on their contractual pay or conditions. It gives them better bargaining power during pay review though.

Ahh. I work in a state that doesn't allow unionizing. We have very few labor laws on the books. Strangely enough, however, I get paid extremely well and get treated very nicely by the companies I have worked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom