• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

gm2IpX7.gif
That's amazing.

Lijik

The greatest trick Giant Bomb ever pulled was convincing people to pay $4.95 a month (or $49.95 a year, BEST VALUE!) to watch a Dark Souls and Demon's Souls Let's Play's.

No no this is way different theres like a live chat sometimes and you can use special emoti- ohhhh

Fireblend

Banned
Just watched the UPF since I missed it yesterday. Can't wait for the new studio to be complete, that boxes setup looks uncomfortable. Other than that, great pool of games. I only didn't really get into the Squad section. Pony Island looks hilarious.

repeater

I think you guys are reading into this a little much, GB has done a trailer reaction video too with Dan watching the Terminator Genisys trailer. It seems like a video that goes along with his horror podcast.

If you think about it, all the Dan x Patrick periscope videos were reaction videos.

so are press conference vids

Next you'll tell me Quick Look are basically Let's Plays
iEQbG4Y.gif

Toparaman

Banned
I'm afraid we've lost the patient. It was looking rough for a long time there, but there's just no hope any more. I'm sure he's in a better place now. Patrick just uploaded a trailer reaction video to Youtube.

Giant Bomb does trailer reactions all the time fam.
The difference is that Giant Bomb doesn't have that corny fake vibe that Youtubers do.

Tubobutts

I just found out that there's a special edition of Fire Emblem that comes with everything and since I'm so late it's all sold out. Does this mean I have to spend this gift card on gunpla?

daveo42

Banned
Finally working my way through Ep 4 of LiS. That first section. Oof. Harrowing stuff. I was also glad that I was able to
not kill Frank to get the codes. Took way too many times to get it 100% right, but I got it.
That first time through tho...like holy shit.

What in the fuck are they drinking?

Fireblend

Banned
I just found out that there's a special edition of Fire Emblem that comes with everything and since I'm so late it's all sold out. Does this mean I have to spend this gift card on gunpla?

I have a slight suspicion/hope that it will go back on sale when the game releases, and that preorder was some sort of mistake. I already grabbed my special edition, but I find it crazy that they'd print so few they ran out in like an hour. It's Fire Emblem! One would think Nintendo trusts the franchise enough to print more SEs D:

What in the fuck are they drinking?

You don't want to know.

Just watched the UPF since I missed it yesterday. Can't wait for the new studio to be complete, that boxes setup looks uncomfortable. Other than that, great pool of games. I only didn't really get into the Squad section. Pony Island looks hilarious.
Box studio looks great.

bigkrev

I have a slight suspicion/hope that it will go back on sale when the game releases, and that preorder was some sort of mistake. I already grabbed my special edition, but I find it crazy that they'd print so few they ran out in like an hour. It's Fire Emblem! One would think Nintendo trusts the franchise enough to print more SEs D:

You don't want to know.
Nintendo makes their limited editions actually limited. I was able to sell my Majora's Mask 3D LE for 2x what I paid for it

If you remember, Nintendo severely underestimated the demand for Awakening, so I can see that happening again for Fates. Not that I blame them on Awakening; Fire Emblem was dead dead dead dead until that entry. I would blame them if Fates is similarly under-shipped, though...

Chuck

Still without luck
If you make a MM level with the stupid fucking cat paws, I promise you everyone will skip it and think you're 11.

ffs

popo

Patrick needs to work on acquiring a thicker skin if he is going to be a youtuber. I bet Ryckert could help him with that.

Patrick Klepek 2 hours ago (edited)
To be clear, I have no problem if people want to dislike this video or don't care for "reaction" style videos, but I won't tolerate people coming in and saying "this is shit" or "this content sucks." Your comment's getting deleted, sorry. My wife and I genuinely enjoy horror movies and want to share that with people. You're welcome to watch the other videos on the channel, and I'm excited to see how this might expand into a larger form of criticism/commentary on horror films and marketing.

I am impressed that they put out such a highly edited video daily. I know they have a lot more staff members in production but it makes "video reviews are too much work" seem a bit weak.

I wonder how long GB will get to clean up all that shit. I can't imagine box city will fly now they are all sharing the main floor.

Patrick needs to work on acquiring a thicker skin if he is going to be a youtuber. I bet Ryckert could help him with that.

To be clear, I have no problem if people want to dislike this video or don't care for "reaction" style videos, but I won't tolerate people coming in and saying "this is shit" or "this content sucks." Your comment's getting deleted, sorry. My wife and I genuinely enjoy horror movies and want to share that with people. You're welcome to watch the other videos on the channel, and I'm excited to see how this might expand into a larger form of criticism/commentary on horror films and marketing.

I'm hearing Dan going "I'm Patwick Kwepek" over and over again in my mind now.

What's wrong with deleting shitty unproductive comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom