• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm afraid we've lost the patient. It was looking rough for a long time there, but there's just no hope any more. I'm sure he's in a better place now. Patrick just uploaded a trailer reaction video to Youtube.

Zaph

I'm afraid we've lost the patient. It was looking rough for a long time there, but there's just no hope any more. I'm sure he's in a better place now. Patrick just uploaded a trailer reaction video to Youtube.

394Qm3p.gif

Xater

There too much anime in here.

Wait, for real? Oh come on Patrick!

danm999

Dan drove Patrick to the dark side. This is really Dan's fault when you think about it.

No it's not the economics of being an internet personality are fucked.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Had completely forgotten about Ergo Procshee.

There's only one good episode of it, the rest is just overdramatic nonsense. That one episode though!

Reaction videos can be good, but only if you are h3h3 productions. Sad to see Kleptok go down this path. He's a good guy but this is the path to ruin.

I'm sorry that your YouTube application forces you to watch every video. That sounds unpleasant. More seriously, my wife and I are going to have fun with this channel in the way that we want—period. Thanks for stopping by.

patrick's idea of fun is lowest-common-denominator youtube videos

I have a mario maker level too D:

here's my two decent ones, both very hard

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Chuuck

just was able to finish balmy last night

You know, the bookmarking system really is a Nintendo-like solution to the level sharing issue. I can bookmark levels that I bump into over the day (or week) and when I finally boot up Mario Maker I can just focus on playing. The one thing I miss is the thing Jeff mentioned, removing bookmarks from the game itself.

danm999

I feel a little sorry for Patrick with regards to the reaction trailer thing.

I hope I am misreading it and he and his wife are having fun.

I think you guys are reading into this a little much, GB has done a trailer reaction video too with Dan watching the Terminator Genisys trailer. It seems like a video that goes along with his horror podcast.

If you think about it, the Giant Bomb E3 Conference videos are just a bunch of trailer reaction videos strung together.
The key difference being that instead of feigned awe and enthusiasm, GB's reaction videos are full of snide comments and dismissive cynicism.

The way it SHOULD be, dammit.

Hope Jeff looks at River City Super Sports Challenge a little more. The single player story is good and dumb and there's actually some decent strategy in terms of who you play with and learning how to do specials and such.

I don't understand this "reaction" video thing. Those "reactions" are always exaggerated and they don't seem real.

This one didn't seem real either.

Sigh.

yami4ct

Given how much Patrick and his wife like The Conjuring, I'm not surprised they wanted to do something dumb with the trailer for the sequel. They talk about that film all the time on their horror podcast.

yami4ct

Dan streams Dark Souls with an American Flag watermark like a cool guy. Patrick signed that Youtuber deal with the devil.

LPing a Dark Souls game is about the YouTubest YouTube thing you can do. It's only a matter of time until Dan unironically says Like and Subscribe.

The greatest trick Giant Bomb ever pulled was convincing people to pay $4.95 a month (or $49.95 a year, BEST VALUE!) to watch a Dark Souls and Demon's Souls Let's Play's.

LPing a Dark Souls game is about the YouTubest YouTube thing you can do. It's only a matter of time until Dan unironically says Like and Subscribe.

Dan's too good for that heinous kinda advertising.

The greatest trick Giant Bomb ever pulled was convincing people to pay $4.95 a month (or $49.95 a year, BEST VALUE!) to watch a Dark Souls and Demon's Souls Let's Play's.

no shhh its different

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom