• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Drew's section on UPF was pretty good because the rest of the guys, probably thanks to Steve Gaynor, were actually paying attention and riffing on it.

Yeah I thought it was good too. Steve was a great guest, brought lots of energy and had good camaraderie with the group

I went to sleep and when I woke up there was hella Witcher talk. Hell yeah.

Hearts of Stone sidequest spoilers
Yesterday I learned about that missable part of one of the Hearts of Stone contracts and it blew my mind. I knew that quest seemed weirdly anticlimactic!

Xater

I don't get why everyone is hating on Drew. I was interested in that game and I thought it was overall a fun segment with lots of dumb talk.

the kingdom game austin is playing on friends at the table is waaaaay too complex to follow as a listener imho

The stars without numbers x microscope 'faction' game? Because yeah I have no idea what the rules are for that one. They don't seem to be playing 'to win' though, which makes me not care what's happening mechanically and be cool with hearing the weird stories they come up with.

Megasoum

Banned
So I fell down a West Wing bottomless pit once again... WW is one of my favorite TV show ever and I watch all seven seasons at least once a year.

Anyway... Basically what I'm saying is that I haven't watched any GB content since Thursday and I have a feeling I will have a terrible backlog soon.

Jintor

The stars without numbers x microscope 'faction' game? Because yeah I have no idea what the rules are for that one. They don't seem to be playing 'to win' though, which makes me not care what's happening mechanically and be cool with hearing the weird stories they come up with.

they're doing some weird atax / jace / orth flashback game where people make predictions and decisions and shit and it's really annoying to follow. thankfully they're done though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I don't get why everyone is hating on Drew. I was interested in that game and I thought it was overall a fun segment with lots of dumb talk.

No comment on his game this week because I wasn't really paying attention, but he has brought some real clunkers on past UPFs. He's also brought some of the best stuff though and at least usually seems to put a bit of effort into his picks.

Xater

No comment on his game this week because I wasn't really paying attention, but he has brought some real clunkers on past UPFs. He's also brought some of the best stuff though and at least usually seems to put a bit of effort into his picks.

Yeah, nit everything can be gold, but at least he seems to put some thought into it.

Pony Island I had heard from everyone and his mother before Brad showed it off. So that was very uninteresting to me.

Pony Island looks pretty cool.

It's definitely worth picking up, though I'd avoid watching any more footage than what was shown on UPF since much of the fun comes in the surprises the game throws at you. I cleared it in about two hours and thought it was absolutely worth the $5 price tag.

Hearts of Stone sidequest spoilers
Yesterday I learned about that missable part of one of the Hearts of Stone contracts and it blew my mind. I knew that quest seemed weirdly anticlimactic!

Was that the one with the
elderly cannibal couple
? I nearly missed it myself and thought it was great how that game rewarded unprompted exploration.

Haunted

I was not joking or exaggerating when I said that he made around 25~30 minutes of progress in his first five hours with the game.

TraBuch

Banned
What movie was Dan actually thinking about when he was talking about a dude going back to the 1700s and gunning down guys on horseback?

TraBuch

Banned
Huh. I don't remember that scene from Timecop. At all. The way Gaynor was reacting, I thought he was laughing at Dan describing an entirely different movie and thinking it was Timecop.

daveo42

Banned
I think after episode 4 of LiS, I'm kind if disappointed it didn't make the top 10. What an absolute fucking shock to the system that whole episode was.

Since AGDQ ended I'm getting caught up on GB content, great UPF. Picked up Pony Island as it looked pretty dope(it is). Speaking of Timecop, I laughed when Jeff mentioned the splits because that's one of the things I remember about the movie the most because it on the back of the VHS tape(own it since forever).
bxyiCX8.jpg

KOqsf4E.jpg

Also, there was a Timecop 2.

Timecop2berlin.jpg

I hope he returns to RE. It was damn fun, it's good to note that he was playing on normal and when it comes to RE games it's no joke especially when it comes to ammo which is what he was having a problem with, considering he wanted to kill every zombie he came across with haha.

bqhGmAt.gif

Zaph

Once again made the mistake of thinking content goes live on Sunday, not Monday.

I swear it gets me every time.

edit: CES needs to die

1rCilyC.gif

Joeku

Yeah, guys, you should play Pony Island. It's only a couple hours long and $5. It was rad.

Is Metal Gear Scanlon dead?
How long has it been since they recorded a new episode?

QLCrew seems to suggest there's something going on in 3 days. It looks like the MGS4 loading screen video.

Gurrry

a few days ago everyone here was ordering dominos, and now I want it lol

however, i never fuck with dominos. im a papa johns/mr gattis type of guy.

im looking at their website and i dont see any deals. i added 2 larges to my order and its 40 dollars, which aint gonna happen

any domnios pros out there know what the best deal is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom