• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
coincidentally my dominos order should be here soon 😋

Chuck

Still without luck
not to brag but we have this local pizza place that makes these enormous pizzas and delivers them.

benny-marzano-s.jpg

Anjin M

Let me tell you about a little game called Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
You can put AS MANY COPIES AS YOU LIKE of any card into your deck!

It's a CCG of skill

Re: that spoiler: my very first Usenet discussions back in 1993 centered on whether VTES needed deck limits or not. I was firmly on the non-limit side. :)

repeater

Re: that spoiler: my very first Usenet discussions back in 1993 centered on whether VTES needed deck limits or not. I was firmly on the non-limit side. :)
zTBQ9ir.gif

And history has proven you right!

I never participated in those discussions, since by the time I'd got into the game (in the early 00s I think?) the "no card limit" side seemed to have won a decisive victory and no one was seriously defending or playing with card limits anymore, as far as I could tell.
To me it was one of the things that made VTES unique and was testament to what a fantastically designed game it was, that they could formally allow you to put 60 copies of one rare card in your deck without breaking the game.

God I miss VTES. There are some cool CCGs/LCGs kicking around today, but I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like it again.

a few days ago everyone here was ordering dominos, and now I want it lol

however, i never fuck with dominos. im a papa johns/mr gattis type of guy.

im looking at their website and i dont see any deals. i added 2 larges to my order and its 40 dollars, which aint gonna happen

any domnios pros out there know what the best deal is?

Go to the online coupons. There should be a deal where its' $5.99 for any medium pizza/side.

Lijik

The thing to do for dominos is get their 8 dollar 2 topping pan pizza. its their best pizza, and you unlock the hidden dj slowjamz mode on the delivery tracker

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
i added their 8.99 coupon where each large is 9 bucks, but at checkout it comes to 34 dollars

im not a math wizard but something isnt adding up here

I'm in ireland, so probably a completely different setup, but they've had weird coupon/code issues here in the past too.

I never order without a code of some sort. They almost always have a 35% off code active here at the very least. Unfortunately I think we get completely fleeced compared with dominos prices around the world, so even after the discount we're still paying way too much.

Tubobutts

Tell Pizza Hut to not take 2 hours to deliver a pizza and to actually have the deals they always advertise and I still won't buy their dumb clothing. I will give them money in exchange for pizza and/or wings though.

Bowlie

Banned
Witcher 3 is good, guys. I had to stop myself from playing it. I played the first one 6 years ago, but strangely enough all the names of the locations, the herbs, etc. came to my mind again.

I occasionally drive by Benny Marzano's in Blacksburg and I've always meant to get a pizza.

VT Class of 2001 here. Looked at Google maps to see where it is in Blackburg and I feel like that location used to be a camera store back in the day.

A lot of downtown has changed in the past 15 years, so, not surprising.

FluxWaveZ

They should just watch the rest of the cutscenes on YouTube and then take the series out back

This compelled me to rank my top GB playthrough videos for some reason.

1. Persona 4
  2. Deadly Premonition (VJ)
  3. BioForge
  4. Phantasmagoria
  5. Life is Strange
  6. Intel Discovered
  7. Until Dawn
  8. The Matrix Online (counting it)

Zaph

Watching Dan's Dark Souls video and it's one of the most Dan things ever. Summoning people to do the heavy lifting while congratulating himself. It's pretty great.

Some of these Soma enemies are so fucking annoying. You can't hide, you can't run, you can't fight back. What is the point? I can be crouched with my flashlight off not facing the enemy perfectly hidden in some remote corner and every single time they come straight for me, even if they haven't "spotted" me. It's cheap and it's stupid. I wish I had it on PC so I could do that mod to get rid of them.
Which one? Different enemies have different hooks. One type you stealth around, one you can't look at, one you trap etc. Only one that I struggled with was in the office cubical type area.

Some of these Soma enemies are so fucking annoying. You can't hide, you can't run, you can't fight back. What is the point? I can be crouched with my flashlight off not facing the enemy perfectly hidden in some remote corner and every single time they come straight for me, even if they haven't "spotted" me. It's cheap and it's stupid. I wish I had it on PC so I could do that mod to get rid of them.

Watching Dan's Dark Souls video and it's one of the most Dan things ever. Summoning people to do the heavy lifting while congratulating himself. It's pretty great.

I bought Dark Souls during the Steam sale because of Dan's videos. And speaking of Dark Souls, do I need to install dsfix if my computer is garbage? I won't be running it at 60 fps or some crazy high resolution.

also no tips i've played it before

Nero18

I bought Dark Souls during the Steam sale because of Dan's videos. And speaking of Dark Souls, do I need to install dsfix if my computer is garbage? I won't be running it at 60 fps or some crazy high resolution.

I think the game just also ran poorly without the fix, like dipping sub 30 if i remember correctly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's still so much shit I want to start/finish before posting in the GOTY voting thread that I know I won't have time to. Yakuza 5, Hearts of Stone, EDF, Undertale, episode 2 of King's Quest, SOMA, Tales from the Borderlands, LEGO Dimensions, Darkest Dungeon, a third Until Dawn playthrough, Yokai Watch, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

And Dragon's Dogma and Tomb Raider are coming out so soon

It's ridic.

Zaph

There's still so much shit I want to start/finish before posting in the GOTY voting thread that I know I won't have time to. Yakuza 5, Hearts of Stone, EDF, Undertale, episode 2 of King's Quest, SOMA, Tales from the Borderlands, LEGO Dimensions, Darkest Dungeon, a third Until Dawn playthrough, Yokai Watch, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

It's ridic.

2015 was nuts. Just assume any and all goty lists are invalid because nobody had time to really make a fair judgement.

This compelled me to rank my top GB playthrough videos for some reason.

1. Persona 4
  2. Deadly Premonition (VJ)
  3. BioForge
  4. Phantasmagoria
  5. Life is Strange
  6. Intel Discovered
  7. Until Dawn
  8. The Matrix Online (counting it)

This is a good list except you forgot Contradiction, which probably goes between Phantasmagoria and Life is Strange.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Just looked it up and it gives you more options for resolution, AA, AO, DoF, AF, save game backup and I think it removes the mouse cursor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom