• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's a difference between everything and everything that was well-regarded.

Even then it's near impossible seeing that everyone has a different definition of well regarded. Like, at this point I'm pretty sure I don't even want to touch the witcher 3.

Just reminds me of the arguments in the goty thread saying that they didn't complete x game thus their list is bad.

Well I gave 10 hours to Trails in the Sky but I think I'm tapping out. Maybe I'll come back to it when I'm craving a JRPG (although hopefully Persona 5 will be out by then).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of want to check out Trails of Cold Steel too because I know I like Falcom due to Ys 7(which I guess people consider 'weak' but I liked it more than Oath) but then people are like 'oh you should start with Trails In the Sky and you'll get more references'

and it's like I ain't got time to spend 200 hours to be able to more thoroughly enjoy a 80 hour game

Whenever somebody mentions Dominos I think of Hatsune Miku. Oh god, it's all connected, is pizza anime?

oSi59H6.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I need to reinstall dark souls and invade dan

Does he play at euro friendly times?

I kind of want to check out Trails of Cold Steel too because I know I like Falcom due to Ys 7(which I guess people consider 'weak' but I liked it more than Oath) but then people are like 'oh you should start with Trails In the Sky and you'll get more references'

and it's like I ain't got time to spend 200 hours to be able to more thoroughly enjoy a 80 hour game

Don't be. They're very minimal and not the main focus of the game. You can still enjoy Cold Steel all the same without knowledge of Sky.

You should play Trails in the Sky FC and SC because they're fantastic games, not because they're some precursor to an overall plot that's fairly minimal in the grand scheme of things at this point in the story. But if you don't to, its fine all the same.

Well I gave 10 hours to Trails in the Sky but I think I'm tapping out. Maybe I'll come back to it when I'm craving a JRPG (although hopefully Persona 5 will be out by then).

it seems legit good but man I just can't deal with the pacing. it's just not for me, I think

It prioritizes world building and character building over story. The story beats eventually start hitting, but if you can't deal with slow progression, the games are definitely not for you.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
We need a way of getting hold of PotatoMarshal.. Maybe some kind of signal we can project into the skies?

Weird how while Dan is playing Dark Souls, that one guy who seemed to enjoy being an asshole to everybody playing Dark Souls is mysteriously unavailable.

It prioritizes world building and character building over story. The story beats eventually start hitting, but if you can't deal with slow progression, the games are definitely not for you.
Well I'm not enjoying the world or dialogue either, so it's extra not for me, unfortunately. I'm gonna add the soundtrack into my study music rotation though.

Well I'm not enjoying the world or dialogue either, so it's extra not for me, unfortunately. I'm gonna add the soundtrack into my study music rotation though.

Yeah, if none of that is doing anything for you then stay really far away. Its sad because while the first 10 or so hours of the game vary from person to person and I recognize that certain people definitely won't like it, the game definitely continues to improve with every new chapter and as you meet new characters. But asking someone to put in more than 10 hours into a game is unrealistic and you definitely gave it a fair shot.

The OST is real good though. SC specifically has some amazing songs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, if none of that is doing anything for you then stay really far away. Its sad because while the first 10 or so hours of the game vary from person to person and I recognize that certain people definitely won't like it, the game definitely continues to improve with every new chapter and as you meet new characters. But asking someone to put in more than 10 hours into a game is unrealistic and you definitely gave it a fair shot.

The OST is real good though. SC specifically has some amazing songs.

I pretty much play it as a podcast game though, so the entire thing is on mute.

I pretty much play it as a podcast game though, so the entire thing is on mute.

The music can be a bit repetitive, so its not too big a deal. I played it as a podcast game too for most of the actual gameplay segments of it, but the variety in boss music and the boss music itself are superb. And there's also some amazing cutscene/dialogue music.

Tan

Man, after the GOTY discussions I decided to give the super mario maker 100 mario challenge another shot on normal and was served 1 straight line to the finish and 3 auto playing levels in a row.

edit: 5 more auto-players, and 3 more straight lines in my 16 levels.

skynidas

Banned
Man, after the GOTY discussions I decided to give the super mario maker 100 mario challenge another shot on normal and was served 1 straight line to the finish and 3 auto playing levels in a row.

the super mario maker was goty still boggles my mind, the game is cool and the level creator is well made but that's it, the game still has a lot of flaws that hurt it really bad.

Brashnir

The game is awful if you just want to play a platformer.

Yup. Crazy how much it's become a regular install-and-play game for me. Join a random server and see some bokers levels.

and huh, it's just occurred to me that Trackmania is basically the same concept as 100 Mario Challenge. Jeff know what he likes.

Every created level in Trackmania is beautiful in its own way.

Tan

The game is awful if you just want to play a platformer.

Sure; and I've had fun making levels, it's more that I was just surprised to hear that I was and still am having such a different experience when it comes to playing other people's random levels.

dmc is a real great game.

It's a shame ninja theory had to go full insulting hipster ass hole when marketing the game and burn all those bridges and now I don't think they will make a sequel. I mean jeez they where trying to sell a game, not apply for a job at polygon.

Nero18

It's a shame ninja theory had to go full insulting hipster ass hole when marketing the game and burn all those bridges and now I don't think they will make a sequel. I mean jeez they where trying to sell a game, not apply for a job at polygon.

Feel like that was only the first trailer though and that they seriously cut back after that, if i remember correctly. But yeah, i really enjoyed that game, probably the last Capcom game that i really liked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i feel like dmc was insulting hipster asshole because of all the insulting hipster asshole devil may cry fans that shit on it as soon as they saw something was different

It was ok. I had a number of issues outside of the whole "hispter edgy" stuff that game was marked with.

The Definitive Edition is a great game though and had some really cool features. Though the good boss fights that DMC1, 3, and some of 4 were known for were really bad in DmC.

Oh my God the Springsteen story on the Ryckertcast.. I'm starting to understand how it is that Paul has been divorced 36 times.
That was hilarious.
Crossposting from the Simpsons Couch gag thread....
That shit is creepy.
I don't get why everyone is hating on Drew. I was interested in that game and I thought it was overall a fun segment with lots of dumb talk.
I like his segments.

daydream

Banned

edit: 5 more auto-players, and 3 more straight lines in my 16 levels.

that sounds like you're playing the 'easy' challenge

obviously it will feature a lot of levels that 3 year olds managed to beat

It was ok. I had a number of issues outside of the whole "hispter edgy" stuff that game was marked with.

The Definitive Edition is a great game though and had some really cool features. Though the good boss fights that DMC1, 3, and some of 4 were known for were really bad in DmC.

I need to pick that up at some point, I enjoyed the original DmC but felt no need to replay it because of various issues and the Definitive Edition is supposed to fix the issues I had.

Anjin M

Just a reminder, everyone: there is a GOTY thread if you want to talk about the past. From here on out, the only GOTY talk in this thread is about 2016.

That said, Persona 5 is totally going to be this year's Witcher 3, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom