• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Looks like Panda Express is almost ready to open. Any good? What's worth trying? How does an American Chinese place not serve General Tso's?

danm999

back.png

South Park was right the ads are evolving.

Looks like Panda Express is almost ready to open. Any good? What's worth trying? How does an American Chinese place not serve General Tso's?

lol no man

I mean it's kind of novel in the "I've hit culinary rock bottom" way like Cici's Pizza or something but buy some Pepto while you're at it

the absolute WORST part of the sham fucking dumpster food of Panda Express is that it's not any cheaper than just going to any other chinese place

Lunar FC

the absolute WORST part of the sham fucking dumpster food of Panda Express is that it's not any cheaper than just going to any other chinese place

Every time I get a large a la carte of orange chicken they have to ask me if I'm okay with spending 10 bones on fast food.

Tubobutts

The difference is that at Panda Express I'm only ordering $8 of Chinese food. If I'm getting food at a real Chinese restaurant I'm ordering $30 worth of food and pretending that it's for more than one person.

And then I pretend that I'll have leftovers but I'm just going to eat it all at once.

tell me about panda express

do they do siu yuk? how's their cha siu?

can i get some hokkien noodles or what?

they have such authentic dishes as Firecracker Chicken Breast and Shanghai Angus Steak

they're pretty obscure so you'd be forgiven for not having heard of them before

TraBuch

Banned
Are their egg rolls at least not terrible? Every so often, I really want a couple egg rolls and I don't wanna go to my local Chinese place just to order a couple egg rolls. Because I'll end up also buying an order of Szechuan chicken and some fried rice and some lo mein and teriyaki chicken and cry while I stuff my face and gain 20 pounds.

Lijik

I hope Dan keeps releasing these shirts all year, and 20 years from now on some weird reality show we meet someone who has "The Full Ryckert Collection"

yami4ct

I hope Dan keeps releasing these shirts all year, and 20 years from now on some weird reality show we meet someone who has "The Full Ryckert Collection"

I just imagine someone buying all his shirts and then 40 years later their grandkids find them in a box in an attic. Imagine trying to explain the concept of Dan Ryckert 40 years from now.

Are their egg rolls at least not terrible? Every so often, I really want a couple egg rolls and I don't wanna go to my local Chinese place just to order a couple egg rolls. Because I'll end up also buying an order of Szechuan chicken and some fried rice and some lo mein and teriyaki chicken and cry while I stuff my face and gain 20 pounds.

not sure, but if you've got a Pei Wei nearby their spring rolls are surprisingly decent

Chaser324

Banned
Well...this new Dan shirt is at least better designed than the last one, but I just can't in any way support this.

People are free to spend their money however they want, but at this point this feels like Dan just kinda trying to exploit his audience. Not in a fun "wrestling heel" way, but in a "this is kinda gross" way.

Well...this new Dan shirt is at least better designed than the last one, but I just can't in any way support this.

People are free to spend their money however they want, but at this point this feels like Dan just kinda trying to exploit his audience. Not in a fun "wrestling heel" way, but in a "this is kinda gross" way.

Dan's said multiple times that he won't make money on these shirts.

If anyone's benefiting, its Teespring.

TraBuch

Banned

Honestly, I've kinda felt that way for a while. It's all been pretty icky to me.

yami4ct

Well, Dan has said he's selling all these teespring shirts at-cost. If you believe him, and I see no reason really not to as of right now, then it stops being gross and just ends up being really super dumb. It does for me anyway.

If he was making money off this shit, then I might feel legitimately gross about it.

Dan's said multiple times that he won't make money on these shirts.

If anyone's benefiting, its Teespring.

Until we find out Dan Ryckert is both a sponsored advertiser for Teespring and Taco Bell. It's all a plot to get us to back our corporate overlords with fun, 'down to earth' faces of advertising. Follow the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom