• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how cutting out filler words makes you sound more confident and more intelligent. I think I do a good job of it in person, especially on job interviews, but in text form I struggle with it. Even writing this post I've had to backspace through a few words that I could do without.

danm999

It's amazing how cutting out filler words makes you sound more confident and more intelligent. I think I do a good job of it in person, especially on job interviews, but in text form I struggle with it. Even writing this post I've had to backspace through a few words that I could do without.

I had a professor who constantly stressed being succinct, to the extent that he would give you a better score on an essay if you managed to get your point across in fewer words. He wouldn't mind if you hit 50% of the word count if he felt the content was good.

Then I had other courses, journalism and communication courses, where I was being taught to present my language in the most arcane and unreadable fashion imaginable.

yami4ct

Project BEAST tomorrow. Color me pumped. I love that feature. Hopefully we'll get another random premium show next week as well besides the standard Playdates and UPF. Would love a Old Game Show, Ranking of Fighters or Demo Derby.

Wow! It's the weekend and we're actually discussing giantbomb.com and the word anime wasn't used once in the previous page of posts! Why are we even in Community?!

We went more than a page without GunPla, This cannot stand. I must rectify.

I just shipped this guy out and he should be here next week.

m191_43.jpg

Can't wait. The V2 is a favorite of mine. Also have the HG Barbatos, HG Gusion, and MG RX-78 Origin. Should be some fun builds. Who could say no to the Gusion? He's like a turtle with a hammer.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
XCOM 2 is looking really cool. The character pool stuff seems really fun. It would be awesome if the Beasts would do a full playthrough.

Ever since the announcement when I went "Fuck yeah I'll buy more XCOM" I hadn't actually seen anything about the game. The recent flood of information and Youtube videos about the game crossed my path this week though and everything I've seen looks great. I'd watch a playthrough from either office.

yami4ct

With this satisfy the Gunbound itch i've had for years now?

Never played an XCOM game, am I a bad person?

Do you like turn based strategy at all? If so, you're not a bad person, but a greatly under informed one.

If you already don't like TBS, feel free to move on.

Alfredo

I'm listening to a very old Powerbombcast, and it's really funny in hindsight, especially considering the current wrestling rumors. They joke about AJ Styles showing up at the Royal Rumble and, talk about this new "Bullet Club" stable, and question who this "Prince Devitt" guy is.

...I need a new Powerbombcast. AAAH.

Lunar FC

Do you like turn based strategy at all? If so, you're not a bad person, but a greatly under informed one.

If you already don't like TBS, feel free to move on.
Yeah that's the thing keeping me from giving it a shot. The only turn based strategy I've played recently was The Banner Saga. And the tbs aspect was what I liked the least about the game.

XCOM was the Giant Bomb 2012 Game of the Year. It was quite probably the second best game to ever get that award.

I seem to never actually play the games they select for GOTY (besides TLOU & UC2)

yami4ct

Yeah that's the thing keeping me from giving it a shot. The only turn based strategy I've played recently was The Banner Saga. And the tbs aspect was what I liked the least about the game.

I seem to never actually play the games they select for GOTY (besides TLOU & UC2)

Sounds like you might not know if you actually like TBS, since you haven't tried it that much.

In that case, grabbing XCOM on the cheap might not be worth a shot. You might end up finding things you dig.

I love XCOM but couldn't get into the Banner Saga's combat at all -- it felt like it was punishing you for killing enemies with how the turns were distributed. Turn-based stuff isn't for everyone but XCOM and Steamworld Heist were more intuitive and fun than that game. The first XCOM should be cheap on Steam, especially with the sequel coming out soon, so it might be worth taking a flyer on it if it goes on sale.

I'm starting to get really hyped for new Fire Emblem, while we're on the subject of tactical RPGs. Even in light of their weirdo release strategy. Awakening ended up being one of my favorite handheld games.

Oh, I'm upfront about everything like this. I'm entertained by the fact that hundreds (sometimes thousands) of people will watch mundane crap I do on Periscope, and I'm even more entertained at the idea of people buying silly t-shirts that my girlfriend and I make to commemorate these dumbass Periscopes. It's taking a dumb, silly thing and putting another layer of dumb on top of it. I think it's hilarious, and I don't feel bad about it. If people don't want to buy them, they certainly don't have to. I just think it's really fun, and yes, I do make money off of it.

I cant hate Dan. I cant hate on the American Dream!

yami4ct

I'm starting to get really hyped for new Fire Emblem, while we're on the subject of tactical RPGs. Even in light of their weirdo release strategy. Awakening ended up being one of my favorite handheld games.

We are basically getting 3 FE Campaigns. I'm so pumped about that. Ordered the SE as soon as it went up. Even if one of the campaigns is too easy, Awakening style, I'm super excited to get a ton more FE.

I forgot about Fire Emblem! Awakening was the first one I played and I loved it. The quick look where Dave Snider misspelled his name was fantastic too.

Not in the sense of literally building models in the game, but Gundam Breaker is a hack and slash game where everything is model themed. All the suits in game are designed and scaled like if they were the models. You can also customize your 'kits' in game to create your own monstrosity.

Next question is if the game is any good because that sounds right up my alley.

yami4ct

Next question is if the game is any good because that sounds right up my alley.

In the realm of Gundam games, people talk about Gundam EXVS most often, but Breaker and Breaker 2 have sizable communities. Breaker 3 should be coming this year.

I've heard decent things about them. Breaker 2 is faster, allowed shields to have added abilities (Like Unicorn Banshee Norns's having the bazooka built in) and other various things, so that might be the one to check out.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a cool anime that the duders should watch. It's so them. Even Dan would like it, seeing as one of the main villains is basically arnold schwarzenegger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom