• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: Internet rolled over today so I can get all my wonderful GB content.

Bad news: First thing I see is David Bowie died.

vdLE8dJ.gif

yami4ct

In 'let's distract me from the shit news talk':

Finally checking out Dragon's Dogma for the first time. I can see why people dig this game. It has issues, but it has a lot of neat ideas.

Finally checking out Dragon's Dogma for the first time. I can see why people dig this game. It has issues, but it has a lot of neat ideas.

Itsuno man. When it comes to combat that dude can do no wrong.

Gotta wait for someone to mod back in the Berserk armor/weapons first though before I play it. Well that and there's already so many games I wanna play already.

yami4ct

Itsuno man. When it comes to combat that dude can do no wrong.

Gotta wait for someone to mod back in the Berserk armor/weapons first though before I play it. Well that and there's already so many games I wanna play already.

I'm playing as an archer, and that's a damn good feeling bow. Up there with the Tomb Raider Reboot and maybe TLoU as best feeling bow. Not as stupid powerful feeling as those, but badass set of skills it can do even right off the bat.

I love ranged in RPGs/ARPGs. So often they feel gimped or relegated to pure support. It's great when you find a game that it seems you can main ranged in.

I'm playing as an archer, and that's a damn good feeling bow. Up there with the Tomb Raider Reboot and maybe TLoU as best feeling bow. Not as stupid powerful feeling as those, but badass set of skills it can do even right off the bat.

That's what I started as too. Its up there with MH4U as one of the best feeling bows to use in a game.

But then I see people link the greatsword gif on GAF and I'm like damn

berserkawprd.gif

Edit: Can't wait to see the QL for it. I need to see Austin gush over it.

Anjin M

Good idea.

I'm 66 episodes into the Persona 4 ER. I have several times now wanted to strangle Vinny for making weird, non-optimal choices as he plays. And a few times I've wanted to look up an FAQ just to figure out what they are missing.

I can only imagine what it was like to watch this years ago.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just watched the latest mailbag and noticed the rapmusicguide watermark on the wu-tang clock. I ran into it a lot while looking for cover art to update my own music library. How do you not at least photoshop that out or source a non-watermarked file before you print it and stick it to your weird product.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon's Dogma lets you play as an archer and it's good? Might have to actually get this now instead of later. Video game bows are my kryptonite.

yami4ct

Oh. Can I mention Dragon's Dogma without mentioning night? Jesus christ it gets dark in that game. It is one of the few 3D games I've played that really replicates being out in the wilderness with only a single small light source. It's terrifying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Not all those bows were great, though. Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider were, those in Dark Souls are pretty meh and Dishonored's (crossbow) sucked. Never got to play The Last of Us or Crysis 3, but those looked promising as well.

It's tough.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. Can I mention Dragon's Dogma without mentioning night? Jesus christ it gets dark in that game. It is one of the few 3D games I've played that really replicates being out in the wilderness with only a single small light source. It's terrifying.

You should play The Long Dark. My second run I got caught out at night, which I really shouldn't have been. I was dying of exhaustion and cold and desperately looking for shelter, and all I had for light was a flare. Then a wolf showed up, so I threw my flare at him, booked it out of there as fast as possible, but I couldn't see shit. Look back, see the single, solitary light of the flare, a speck of light in the pitch black. I wasn't gonna make it. I set out my bedroll, went to sleep in it, and never woke up.

demidar

Not all those bows were great, though. Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider were, those in Dark Souls are pretty meh and Dishonored's (crossbow) sucked. Never got to play The Last of Us or Crysis 3, but those looked promising as well.

It's tough.

Those opinions are interesting...

AcridMeat

Banned
But then I see people link the greatsword gif on GAF and I'm like damn

berserkawprd.gif

Edit: Can't wait to see the QL for it. I need to see Austin gush over it.
Fuuuuck that looks good. It's only $30 too. Problem is I started Dark Souls 2 (though happily digging it a lot so far), and want the new Tomb Raider. So much good stuff coming out early this year for PC!

The bow in Far Cry 3 and 4 are fun as hell.

yami4ct

Fuuuuck that looks good. It's only $30 too. Problem is I started Dark Souls 2 (though happily digging it a lot so far), and want the new Tomb Raider. So much good stuff coming out early this year for PC!

Oh shit. Tomb Raider is hitting soon. Think I'm going to wait and pick that up on a Steam Sale later this year. I got too much to play right now. First I've gotta finish up Hearts of Stone, then I want to play more XCX and Trails of Cold Steel and now I'm messing with Dragon's Dogma. Want to get through most of that before Fire Emblem and XCOM hit, so I suspect I won't have time for Tomb Raider.

Brinbe

Just watched the new mailbag and holy crap do they still have a lot to figure out. Those shelves will fix things I'm sure! And I feel kinda bad because although they have a nice new studio, they don't quite have the same private space that they once did. And that will make a difference. Hopefully they can make it their own in time, but it's clear that they they just get dumped into this awkward space and will have to make do with that. Just a harsh reminder that they're part of this CBSi corp now.

In contrast to all that I caught the vid of Ryan/Jeff showing off the old WM space and caught such a wave of nostalgia for that time. Seems like an eternity ago. They really had it good then in many ways, too bad it couldn't last.

It's tough.

Crysis 3 bow felt good.

demidar

The bow in Far Cry 3 and 4 are fun as hell.

I think I'll wait to see if the port is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom