• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Incredible shooting mechanics and none of the terrible platforming that made the first two games a chore to replay. Two thumbs up, on my ninth playthrough.

You barely play the game because there are so many cutscenes. The shooting sucks. On console it was so imprecise that you had to rely on the auto aim and at that point it felt like it played itself. The story sucked.

You barely play the game because there are so many cutscenes. The shooting sucks. On console it was so imprecise that you had to rely on the auto aim and at that point it felt like it played itself. The story sucked.
Shooting was fine on consoles without autoaim if you turn the sensitivity up, the originals had the exact same issues with controllers. They're extremely fast, twitch based shooters made for mouse and keyboard. In fact, the first two are even harder to play on consoles because they rely on monster closet enemy placements and quick saves. Don't blame the game because controllers have inherent flaws.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm done trying to convince people but MP3 is an amazing game that I've bought twice and beaten on hardest difficulty like 5 times and I don't understand why people don't like it

BECKERRRRR

I wonder if Vinny realizes how much of a charmed life he leads in KSP. the odds of him doing half the things he does are so low it's crazy

Hahahaha Alex: "You can get him out of the ship and let him hang there until the Ark get's to him" #orbitaldynamics101

Shooting was fine on consoles without autoaim if you turn the sensitivity up, the originals had the exact same issues with controllers. They're extremely fast, twitch based shooters made for mouse and keyboard. In fact, the first two are even harder to play on consoles because they rely on monster closet enemy placements and quick saves. Don't blame the game because controllers have inherent flaws.

I'd have to agree because I managed to get this on one of my playthroughs, on Xbox 360.

BjlI7r5.jpg

I don't know if it's even possible, but as they were building the rescue rocket, I kept thinking why won't they try to build a grapple arm (or something) to latch on to Dudeney's (or whatever his name is) capsule.

repeater

David Bowie :(

*pours 40*
Yeah, fuck cancer forever.
Bowie's run of albums during the 70s (up to and including "Scary Monsters" in 1980) is incredible, especially considering he was basically pumping one out each year. I feel like we'll never see someone in music who combines pop and avantgardism so successfully on such a grand scale.

KorrZ

Does old premium content sometimes end up on the front page and I've just never noticed or is this a glitch?

gbhome.png

This was the quickest rush of emotion pure hype into immediate disappointment for me.

Damnit Giant bomb! I could really see Random PC Game coming back with the GB East crew. Choose your own adventure is kind of that already.

killroy87

This was the quickest rush of emotion pure hype into immediate disappointment for me.

Damnit Giant bomb! I could really see Random PC Game coming back with the GB East crew. Choose your own adventure is kind of that already.

Oh shit yeah, I just noticed that's old content haha. Weird.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh shit. Tomb Raider is hitting soon. Think I'm going to wait and pick that up on a Steam Sale later this year. I got too much to play right now. First I've gotta finish up Hearts of Stone, then I want to play more XCX and Trails of Cold Steel and now I'm messing with Dragon's Dogma. Want to get through most of that before Fire Emblem and XCOM hit, so I suspect I won't have time for Tomb Raider.
Shit, forgot about XCOM 2 as well. Probably not going to get to these for a while either, I'm focused on clearing backlog for once.
At some point I need to finish The Dark Arisen content.

I did all the main quest stuff for Dragon's Dogma and loved it (although the story still makes very, very little sense to me), but I just stopped at that point.

Maybe after I finish KOTOR. And Shadowrun: Hong Kong. And Pillars of Eternity.

And Divinity: Original Sin.

And... oh god my backlog i am drowning
I joined Backlog Blitz this year to try to curb this feeling. You just reminded me I started KOTOR 2 in December and need to get back to it. I made the mistake of starting Lisa and DS2 yesterday. So much time commitment. D:

Don't forget no shitty dream sequences. I don't know why people like the first two games.

eh, i really liked the dream stuff in MP2.

Now, MP1 can go die in a fucking fire for their awful tightrope nightmares

I respect MP3 for what it is: A Houser presents Rockstar TPS made with solid mechanics in mind and taking into account more modern conventions of the genre.

But MP3 is about as Max Payne a game as Stranglehold is

I just hope that this starts a pattern of Rockstar doing sequels to abandoned Remedy franchises because i would really love to see what the hell an Alan Wake game coming from them looks like haha

Play arcade mode, most of the levels cut out the cutscenes. Think the exception is the stadium one which still has a long transition in the middle.

seriously if I had the time/energy/willpower to do it, I would argue against this with every fiber of my being

just know that I think this is agonizingly, thoroughly incorrect

it's also a huge lol because it's not like the Max Payne games are things anyone has ever come to specifically for their plot. The writing maybe, but never the plot.

kvk1

I thought Max Payne 2's story was so deep when I first played it.

I was also obsessed with Mona Sax for like a whole year.

I was young.

seriously if I had the time/energy/willpower to do it, I would argue against this with every fiber of my being

just know that I think this is agonizingly, thoroughly incorrect

if the plot was really that good, you would have the willpower to argue against it

going with misses bull on this one

congrats on holding an opinion that no one on this planet owns

Max Payne 3 could have been the best 3rd person shooter of all time if it wasn't for all the cut scenes and one of the worst plots in gaming history

You need to play more games then if MP3 had one of the worst stories in gaming history. I mean it was about a guy moving on and redeeming himself, what in your opinion should MP3's story be? Another revenge story?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I can't start that Omikron vid :/ probably a gazillion users clicking on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom