• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Steam sale gets.

Crypt of the Necrodancer.
Xcom Enemy Unknown Complete Edition.
South Park the Stick of Truth.
+
Maybe Batman Arkham Origins and maybe Final Fantasy XIII 2.
I'm still debating on what all to actually buy. So far I have confirmed Ubermosh, Grim Fandango, Pixeljunk Shooter, Brutal Legend, Pixeljunk Monsters, and Deponia. The wife is getting Banished, Submerged, The Swindle, and Don't Starve.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes randomly popped into my head and I checked and it isnt on sale so I think Ill wait.

That game seems perfect for random holiday family fun though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fact that we're getting sequels to South Park and Ni No Kuni as well as a Yakuza 0 localization...

It does make me hopeful for a real Sleepy Dawgz 2.

jaina

The fact that we're getting sequels to South Park and Ni No Kuni as well as a Yakuza 0 localization...

It does make me hopeful for a real Sleepy Dawgz 2.
Overall, Square Enix had a pretty good year IMHO (regarding decisions which make fans happy). Nier 2 gives me slight hope for Dawgz 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
South Park sequel is being developed by internal Ubisoft though so I am not exactly trilled about that.

I don't see why that would matter. Obisidian isn't known for deep or amazing gameplay and neither was stick of truth. And Matt & Trey did Obsidian's strong point, the writing.

hey guys,

what's the name of that space rouge-like with the cowboy bebop style soundtrack and you would actually talk to folks at stations and stuff? there are like 2-3 of these that the GBeast crew played and i remember finding all of the interesting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Steam sale gets.

Crypt of the Necrodancer.
Xcom Enemy Unknown Complete Edition.
South Park the Stick of Truth.
+
Maybe Batman Arkham Origins and maybe Final Fantasy XIII 2.
Bought two games that are so hot right now:
Resident Evil 4 and Rayman Legends.

edit:
unbenanntyuzgt.png

COME ON CAPCOM

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Necrodancer was this year too? Somehow I thought it was last year. There's another one for my top 10.

I picked up Guild of Dungeoneering, Cities Skylines and Project Cars so far. Have several others I'm debating on.

Yup I think people were thrown off because of early access but Necrodancer came out this year technically. And it is amaaazing

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
South Park sequel is being developed by internal Ubisoft though so I am not exactly trilled about that.

Doesn't help that we haven't heard anything since E3. It also doesn't help that the last time an Ubisoft game had a good story was probably Assassin's Creed 2?

So far I bought Satellite Reign, Tales of the Borderlands, Axiom Verge, Lethal Legue and the Jackbox 1.
Maybe I'll buy Soma or Rebell Galaxy later, still unsure.

Fantastapotamus

Awesome, started Satellite Reign and the first thing I notice is that the first character they start you with is named after a Gamergate meme. It wouldn't be fair to condem (or whatever a more suitable verb might be) the entire game/team because of that but it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Awesome, started Satellite Reign and the first thing I notice is that the first character they start you with is named after a Gamergate meme. It wouldn't be fair to condem (or whatever a more suitable verb might be) the entire game/team because of that but it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Satellite reign? Is it named after that mascot Vivian? Or somethin? Never played that game...have GB done a QL?

SomberOwl

Darn it with the Triad Wars stuff. I hope this doesn't impact any potential there might have been for a proper Sleeping Dogs Sequel. Maybe it will actually improve the chances of us getting a sequel now that they realize they were heading in the wrong direction for that game? Who knows.

I do know there is so much potential for a Sleeping Dogs sequel it would be a shame for this to go to waste. They could build upon and improve the first game and truly make something fantastic. Here's hoping.

wetwired

Dev here, all of the names in the game are provided by backers and randomly allocated. None of us (there's only 5 of us) are really that clued up on the gamergate issue, to be honest I personally don't even know what gamegate is even all about?

Not 100% are from backers, we snuck in our own names and a few references of things we liked (eg Dana Barrett from Ghostbusters). There is also some "made up" names to balance the names out (there was more male names provided than female) but we used some random name generators for those.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yeah. Might be coincidence or a kickstarter thing though, no idea.

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, especially if there is no resemblance. If you keep seeing memes or plots involving the sex lives of women, then I'd be concerned.

Aviary Attorney
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Memoria
Face Noir
The Detail
Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon

I have only heard of Aviary Attorney, which has a fantastic art style. Haunt the House and Detective Case look up my allley. I will have to check them out.

That response gif.

Fantastapotamus

Dev here, all of the names in the game are provided by backers and randomly allocated. None of us (there's only 5 of us) are really that clued up on the gamergate issue, to be honest I personally don't even know what gamegate is even all about?

Not 100% are from backers, we snuck in our own names and a few references of things we liked (eg Dana Barrett from Ghostbusters). There is also some "made up" names to balance the names out (there was more male names provided than female) but we used some random name generators for those.

Not that it was a big issue for me anyway but good to hear. I was too deep into that whole stuff so I'm just overly senstive. The game is very, very cool btw. Love the artstyle.

We all love Invisible Inc here right?

I bought Invisible, Inc. yesterday and I think I'm close to completing (or failing) my first 'run'. I'm enjoying it a lot; it's tense and it looks slick.

I didn't get the pun in the title until after I bought it. It was my generation's 'Miles Prower' moment.

I remember going into the Binary Domain QL thinking it would be a joke of a game. I can't say my opinion changed a lot watching it, but once I finally played BD on PC I was a believer.

Big Bo's "that was SWEEEEEEEET" swayed me to buy it initially. Dude's charm is unparalleled.

I remember going into the Binary Domain QL thinking it would be a joke of a game. I can't say my opinion changed a lot watching it, but once I finally played BD on PC I was a believer.

Big Bo's "that was SWEEEEEEEET" swayed me to buy it initially. Dude's charm is unparalleled.

never doubt Yakuza Team

wetwired

Not that it was a big issue for me anyway but good to hear. I was too deep into that whole stuff so I'm just overly senstive. The game is very, very cool btw. Love the artstyle.

I'm not sure how far I to the game you are but one of the core mechanics is finding better host bodies to clone and insert your characters conciousness (skills) into. So you can pretty quickly ditch your starting bodies, In fact you will need to to upgrade your agents, the first bodies you'll use have pretty shit stats.

jaina

I already own Memoria and Aviary Attorney, but will keep Face Noir and The Detail in mind for future sales because I enjoy crime stories.

Noaloha

I bought Invisible, Inc. yesterday and I think I'm close to completing (or failing) my first 'run'. I'm enjoying it a lot; it's tense and it looks slick.

I didn't get the pun in the title until after I bought it. It was my generation's 'Miles Prower' moment.
Good luck on the final mission, it's very do-able but it's certainly the "okay, now show me that you're capable" proving ground thing. It's not quite as ball-busting as FTL's final stage, thankfully.

Is this a 'beginner' ahem still challenging, campaign?

And have you had any "oh shit I'm fucked, no wait I can [hack a drone to close this door!]" type system moments yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom